Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7050&start_row=101

Guns

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 2/1/2019 4:20:38 PM

Jah helps those who help themselves. I'll hold my Bible AND my shotgun

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/1/2019 4:35:15 PM

"I'll hold my Bible AND my shotgun" - Hemphill

That's the most "American" thing I've heard in a long time, and I live in the USA lol!

Well you do you Bro

Jah gives I love and guidance. I know of no better strength or protection. I do train in self-defense, but I no longer feel the need to have a gun and so I do not, I know I am protected and my experiences in life has proved that to I over and over again, that Jah is my strength, my weapon and my shield.

Haile I
Selassie I
JAH RasTafarI

Blessed Love

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 2/1/2019 4:41:49 PM

I knew that would trigger you.. Lol its why I chose to put it that way.

We here in the fly over states are just a bunch of 'yeehaw country bumpkin cowboys' too dumb to know the difference.. And so it is.

Peace be with you

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 2/1/2019 5:01:54 PM

Maybe you've never been out to the midwest and just dont know how things are here.. When I say I live in the country, that means my closest neighbor is several miles away, the closest - small - town is a 30 minute drive away.. We are our first responders to everything, we simply cannot rely on state agencies or anyone else for immediate help..

This is a rough story but true none the less.. A school friend of mine's mother was murdered in her own home. She made the mistake of posting on facebook when and where she would be that evening and some punks thought they could get in and out of an empty house... Well, she had forgoten something and had to go back to get it.. She was met by two intruders and they slit her throat man.. No 911 call was going to save her, no cry to neighbors was going to help, she fought her ass off but could not beat the two younger men.. The ONLY chance she could have had, was to have a gun on her hip or in her purse.. Maybe then, she would still be here and see her grand babies born..

That is why we carry.. That is why we stay ready.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/1/2019 5:21:49 PM

It "triggered" me to laugh, thanks for that :)

Sorry about your friends Mom, that is tragic and sad. A gun may of saved her, it may not have, she maybe would have gotten herself shot, or killed two more people. I don't feel that I should reason on the loss of your friends Mom.

I have said that I see why people may feel that they need a gun, that it could level the playing field, like in the situation that you just wrote. However it may not, and it may make the situation worse.

Guns are not for I, I've lived in the country, where there was no police, if they were called it would take 30-45 minutes for them to come (maybe longer, we never called them so I don't know). So people would deal with things on their own and that's how we liked it, we were ganja farmers. Some of them had guns, a gun fight took place on a farm that I was working at. Two guys fighting over a woman. Lucky no one got shot or killed over such foolishness... I did not have a gun then, nor did I feel the need to have one while I lived there. By that time I was deeper on I trod and like I said, I knew Jah was my protection.

I don't judge ones that feel they need to have a gun, but guns are not for I, not as a RastafarI. Jah is my weapon.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 6:10:07 PM

If old ladies are keeping guns in their homes then simply the thieves will start packing too. And to think an old lady could take on two attackers with gun or not is a little wishful. In my opinion.

I know thief would much more likely murder the victim if the thief thinks the victim poses a threat. See this happen in Jamaica. Guns beget more guns which again are why America has an unproportionately high homicide rate

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 10:54:44 AM

Jahcub Onelove: "I knew Jah was my protection."

JAH is the ultimate Provider of Everything we have, the constant Sustainer of our Lives, and the ultimate Protector who constantly abides with us to keep us from harm (unless it is His Will). Not everybody here sees it that way, but i could not have ever had the trod i've had without the knowledge of this Fundamental Truth.
Even whether or not i have a gun in my hand when the Beast attacks is JAH Will.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/2/2019 4:26:12 PM

True Nesta1, I sight it same way.

Give Jah the thanks and praise
Blessed

Messenger: Brahlic646 Sent: 2/14/2019 10:57:51 AM

I grew up on the east coast NYC and Massachusetts. As an adult finally settled in TX. living in TX I have learned that with so many guns the attitude out here is better because EVERYONE ( mostly ) owns a gun so the threats of harm and loss of life are a LOT less than it was in NYC. Even the so called thug out here is respectful of other unless out right disrespected by another. I am Pro Gun and always have been. I also believe even when carrying my weapon that I would not lead with drawing my weapon in a confrontation but would always go the route of reason first. There really is a gun culture and within that culture is discipline and respect for such an instrument. however just like anything else there are those who do not follow the code because they lack discipline/moral code. RESPECT !

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/14/2019 1:47:14 PM

I have yet to meet a pro gun Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I