Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7016&start_row=1

Birth month according to the Twelve Tribes of Israel

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Thumpa I Sent: 11/27/2018 6:28:48 PM

Greetings ones and ones,

First let I introduce I self. My biblical name is Aaron but many know I as Ras Thumpa I.

I have been having a reasoning with I bredren about which tribe I would be associated with based on my earth strong (Dec 29). A fellow Twelve Tribe member and a few key bredren said I am an Asher ites (born in December). Recently I was reasoning with a Bobo elder who says I am Naphtali as my earth strong is near the end of the year (Naphtali born in January).

I would apprecilove some guidance and wisdom to know I true tribe affiliation. Give thanks for the knowledge and upliftment.

Ras Tafari live

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/22/2018 8:08:15 PM

Its borderline. End of the month and beginning of the month sit o the fence depending on who you speak to. Really depending on the leap year factor etc since the time of Jacob and some would say personality so its not an exact science. Some even believe its not based off calender but off place of birth / country of birth. Generally:

Naothali - January
Joseph - February
Benjamin - March
Reuben - April
Simeon - May
Levi - June
Judah - July
Issachar - August
Zebulun - September
Dan - October
Gad - November
Asher - December

Im august 31 Issachar Zebby mix

Sidenote: this is the problem with bible - word of man based on mans interpretation

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/27/2018 2:58:23 AM

"It is based on the Hebrew calendar. As such the year begins with April or the Tribe Reuben. The beginning of the year starts with the first moon and then to the next (ie. the next lunar month) is Simeon and so on. You have to look up the moons in the year you were born to figure out which tribe you are in. Sometimes you can be born in a certain month but through the lunar calendar turn out to be from a different tribe."

http://www.tozion.org/Rastafari%20Twelve%20Tribes%20of%20Israel.html

It is interesting every tribe has its main focus virtue and body part. As with any group, different members should focus on different aspects of the overall mission and movement of the whole. Zeal is the tribe virtue for Issachar and Yes GA I feel alot of Zeal from the I

As for the 12 Tribes Rastafari and their founder Gad we reasoned on 4 years ago :

https://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5073&start_row=1

Respect

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/28/2018 6:01:06 AM

Hail Idren
Good to see some of the veterans round here.. welcome forward Garvey I!
Ras Jesse I find what the I shared very interesting, that the tribe is based on the moon cycle and not on the month itself.. and also not on the sun and constellation position which major aspects of astrology are based on. I didn't know that! And yet it seems that the tribe virtue relates to sun sign virtues also.. Issachar is the Leo yeah? Zeal, fixed fire sign, seems to align.. And Zebulun is the month of Virgo, it is pink according to 12 tribes (pink =love?) and virgo is all about nurturing and mothering/fathering (Virgo is Iwomban).. It seems the tribes may relate both to moon and sun position?
Just observing here, maybe I am wrong. I don't know too much about 12 tribes reasonings, but astrology is something I know a little about and always trying to learn more. Judaism (or Hebrew religion we can call it? Not only Judah but all the tribes) definitely includes astrological study. I was watching the old movie Fiddler of the Roof recently and saw a scene that struck me as very revealing, even for a movie, as we know someone designed the set! I will try and post the screen shot I took of the scene...

It shows images of the constellations of the zodiac... scorpion, scales, 2 fish, etc.
If the 12 Tribes months are based on hebrew bible then maybe the zodiac astrology is woven in also?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/31/2018 7:31:38 AM

The signs of the zodiac and how they relate to body parts...similar to the idea of the 12 tribes relating to body parts!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/31/2018 7:34:34 AM

Similar but not exactly the same, yet many of the zodiacal body parts align to this chart.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2018 5:49:02 PM

Part of me looks at this as foolishness
Yet part of me completely agrees

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 11/5/2021 12:23:28 PM

Similar to astrology

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 11/5/2021 12:24:27 PM

Hebrew calendar nah deal wid 12 Tribes chart. 12 Tribes mek up dem own ting.

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 11/5/2021 12:25:41 PM

De whole ting ah mek up by Gad

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I