Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6997&start_row=1

Brand New - Where to Start

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Idward Sent: 10/9/2018 2:37:41 PM

Wagwan Bredren and Sistren.

InI new to RasTafarI. Many books and videos out there, but InI not sure where to start.

InI looking for advice for where to start learning.

Any good books/videos/forum thread where InI should start?

InI have a book of speeches by H.I.M and a book about Garvey and of course di Bible.

What else should InI know/read/learn for Rasta Livity?

Bless up!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 10/10/2018 9:32:57 AM

Start with your own heart and always make what it tells you the center of your journey in RastafarI. His Majesty dwelleth within and speaks to one from within. Your hearth knoweth the Truth. The best tutorial is the Music. I&i partial to Bob Marley and the Wailers, but there is a huge world of sacred reggae music out there, and it communicates the Truth with lyrics, melody and rhythm.

Welcome, dear JAH family member.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 10/10/2018 9:53:14 AM

CAUTION: Be wary of those coming to you clad in the raiment of RastafarI and yet purveying an advocacy/endorsement of violence, racial supremacy, and/or divisiveness among YouManKind (e.g., homophobia, Islamophobia, etc.) for outwardly they profess an allegiance to His Majesty but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Such wolves lurk everywhere; even on this website.

Messenger: Idward Sent: 10/12/2018 4:14:02 PM

Thanks for this. I agree 100%. I tend to be very book-ish and love to read. I do not know which books to trust though.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 10/13/2018 2:40:08 AM

Well, naturally if you are "book-ish" and love to read then the Bible is a font of knowledge and wisdom (i'm partial to the Books of Matthew, Revelation and Psalms). But I&i must always caution:

The Bible is a very old and confusing Book. It contains incredible and beautiful Truth and also contains a lot of superfluous material that is confusing and largely irrelevant (and often unintelligible) to the modern reader. Non-essential. One need not know the Bible cover to cover to know JAH or to know Truth. See, JAH is inside everyone and speaks to you directly. You need to listen. JAH also sent to us song prophets who distilled the Truth and give it to us with His New Song, new music (reggae). So see, JAH has many way to communicate the Truth to His Itren.
I have a favorite passage from an interview with Bob Marley. Bob said: “Well, I've been a Rasta from ever since. You know. But, is not how long I've been a Rasta, is how long it takes you to grow up. Cause, what you is what you is, from beginning to the end, you can never change 'cause even if you adopt things, later on they filter right out. So I was Rasta from creation, you know…… Me is a common sense man, that mean when me explain things me explain it in a very simple way that mean even when me explain it to a baby the baby will understand too, you know.” The baby will understand too. Well, of course. Because if the baby can't get it, how can it be JAH LOVE?

Beware of men in robes and on video tapes claiming to be scholars and anointed one who offer to "interpret" the Bible for you because "it's very complex". "Complex" is how the devil deceives people. All the Truth you need to know is simple and fresh like a baby's breath or the scent of a flower blossom.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I