Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=698&start_row=1

The thing about crutches.......

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/11/2005 1:40:33 PM

We were talking about how religion is a crutch, but spirituality is the true walk without a crutch.
I was meditating on crutches and I realize the problem is that you change your stride when you are using a crutch. You'll start leaning to the side to compensate for the crutch.
A good physician should monitor use of a crutch so that the patient doesn't overuse it. As your leg heals you should stop using the crutch or get a different crutch so that you can learn to walk gradually and you won't start depending on the crutch. Don't let it become like a child's security blanket.

So in this sense a crutch is a tool that has its appropriate use, but it can be misused and then becomes detrimental to progress.

Religion can be good, for those who are not fully developed or who do not have higher knowledge. And if you are not fully developed you should use some kind of religion, meaning a set of practices that will keep you in line.
But then again you have to be careful choosing a religious practice, because what you hear about from people might not be right for you. And you have to remember that it is a crutch. It is a physical thing. Don't ever trust it or think that it has its own power or virtue. But use it as a tool while you need it.

When people start thinking religion is more than a tool that is a source of hatred for yourself when you don't follow the religion and for others when they don't follow it.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/13/2005 12:12:18 AM

Yes I, I agree with your reasoning. There are higher heights that can't be taught through laws and regulations. No book or guideline can bring forth I and I Spirit. I and I need to look to RasTafarI Spirit of Truth to see the story that has never been told, and can never be told by the spoken or written language.

Only the language of the Spirit can teach the ways of the Spirit. The physical language can only prepare a person to accept the language of the Spirit.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/13/2005 9:38:50 AM

Greeting in the name of INI earth RIGHTFUL ruler JAH RASTAFARI

I want to post on the ark of the covinent but i wanted to put it here so that it would go into contexted with "crutches" I posted the mesurment on the ark because I feel that they are important. See as i said before i am a welder, it taught me to look at not only why something was made but tells me to find out how it was built. I read on the ark sometime ago and came to a page on the internet that showed how it would have worked if it was working today the conclusion that I came to was that it was a harnester of energy. Thousands of troops marching in unity with certain troops in the center holding the Ark connected to long metal poles. This brought all the energy of the people together into a metal vessel as they walked across sand brining any enemie that would touch them to be electricaly (Chi) shocked. I read about Moses, this was a man that took what was given to him by God (knowledge of the life that he had been given) and manifested it to free his people. Even when Moses went into captivity he had open availability to talk to his cousins (the high priest) in the mountains to seek spritual oneness and talk with his spirit about the things in his life. I post this because I do not disagree with you. We have to have a high spirituality that is bringing us into this vessel. In my opinion there is no seperation of the two in the scence that if one doesnt work that he can not hear the spirit. I believe that I myself using my own examples can testify that when the mind and the body work as one you produce your best work. So when you make the statment "Only the language of the Spirit can teach the ways of the Spirit. The physical language can only prepare a person to accept the language of the Spirit". I only see that being partially taking a person were he/she needs to be.True the person has to build up the body to takein what JAH wants, but still InI use Selassie I as an example. Rastafari was inspired, cultured, and took that lifes work and put it to action in Hims time. Even Ghandi ( like most the great sages) had his people working because there is no seperation of the spirit and body or the language in which the body or the spirit interprets, unless one has not exercized themselves or dedemonize themselves enough to find there balance......... More reasoning

One love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/15/2005 12:39:33 AM

Yes I, I agree that true strength on this earth is when you use your Physical and Spiritual together.

What I meant by I statement was that the physical language (spoken word, written word) can only bring a person to a certain level, but to rise higher, I and I need to communicate in the Spiritual language.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/15/2005 9:25:56 AM

seen, i give thanks

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I