Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=695&start_row=1

Roots and Culture - Wordsound and Power

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/10/2005 1:37:47 PM

Where are you? What is your nationality? What is a nation? What is the law of the land? Where are the courts?

People around here put stickers on their cars "support our troops". Our troops? They are not my troops. Support your own troops and I'll support my troops.

The point I am making is that words are very important. I was just looking through this site and people on this site talk about "the courts" and "the law" and "the country". It is just babylon propaganda that you are repeating when you talk that way.

Somebody asked me if there is political unrest where I am from. Now that is a propaganda question. The person was trying to tell me that the world is made up of countries and political unrest is when the govt. and the people are in conflict. But I don't know about any of that. All I know is that the world is made up of people and people have different views and that is why there is conflict. When the police patrol, that is political conflict. When someone snatches a chain or a wallet, that is political conflict. But the propagandists want to say that what people do is not meaningful unless it involves a "country" or a "government".

What is a court? A court is what happens when a charge is brought and a verdict is decided. Every single person is their own court, and they judge thousands or millions of things daily.
What is law? It is just a statement of what is right and wrong. Again, every single person in the world makes laws daily all day.
What is a tradition? It is just a practice that someone does.

Remember Kunta Kinte? Why was it so important to change his name?

Someone told me the other day that I was tresspassing. Can you believe such nonsense? Well, that is their opinion that I was tresspassing, but I see things a different way. They say they own the world, but I see it a different way. So when they say I am tresspassing I do not defend against the statement. I just say, well that's your opinion.
So please stop talking about their law and calling it "the law". It is THEIR law, whoever believes in it. And jurisdiction is just their tradition, why should you repeat it.
Basically what I am saying is that a person can yell out "slave". But you are only a slave if you respond to that name and say, "yes". And someone can claim the earth as his own, but you have the duty to speak the truth as you see it.
Who owns the building you are in and the computer you are using? Who says that they own it?
Take back the word. Show it to the world by speaking it. If lies can be perpetrated by words then the truth can be spread the same way.
Don't say "the court", say "their court". And whoever creates that court, the court is their court. But whoever doesn't accept that authority it is not their court. And the same goes for whenever people talk about anything that the world has established that is not known to you. Don't just repeat things like a parrot, because you are guilty of spreading the lies when you do that.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/10/2005 1:55:11 PM

You need to bring the truth to the frontlines, where words are actually spoken in daily life. I mean in daily conversation.
Don't be tempted to follow the trends of speech.

Popers are so strong in the traditions of the world. Everything they say has so much false teachings behind it. We have to be conscious in our responses. If we neglect our duty to correct the false things that are behind what they are saying then we are not on the side of truth.
Nyah Binghi tradition is naturally in conflict with a lot of what people say in conversation. And the tradition of the world gives us a pool of possible responses and none of the responses reflect the Nyah Binghi tradition.
This means that many times people will think that you sound weird, or they might think you are being deliberately confrontational. But the truth is that the confrontation is there already in the false traditions that they represent with their words.

Please don't mistake what I am saying. I am not talking about being aggressive in any way. I am just saying that we must stand up for our rights. For example if someone tells you about US being the land of the free, don't accept just to be polite. That is a sellout move. And don't go around looking for a quarrel either, because that is lacking a foundation.
I am just talking about natural expression of truth. If someone says something that you don't know about and they are waiting for a response from you please don't neglect your duty to teach.

Just speak up. Don't keep it in. And do not allow people to involve you in false conversations at any time. It is better to ignore them completely then involve yourslef in their lies just to make things look nice.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/10/2005 4:11:33 PM

Hello gideon,
There is much truth in what you have said.
I and my Family and friends, were born and raised in this Babylon culture. Truth is found in penetrating the wickedness and lies of this cutlure, of which there are many, but in order to do that effectively I have to explain words in the context that my Babylon brothers and sisters can "understand". In order to do that I have to start by using confusing Babylon words and phrases and metaphorically link them to words with more direct meaning.
I feel that in order to help people find the truth, is is easier to gradually introduce them to rather than to bombard them all at once with all of it. People are also more receptive to your opinions and ways of communication if they find you are able to communicate their way.
This is a good subject. I encourage the I's for their views on this.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/11/2005 1:29:53 PM

It is true that you can put false words together to make a true metaphor. But it is better to use true words and banish the false words completely. The reason is that when you make a true metaphor with false words you are reinforcing the false words. Remember that the false words are a schism or split that divides people from the truth, so how can you try to build a bridge at the same time when you are making the river wider?
It is like the frog who jumps half way to his destination every time, so he never gets there. In fact even if he jumps 99.9 percent of the way each time he will still never get to his goal. At some point he has to make that 100 percent jump.
Same way with us and the words of truth. Sooner or later we will have to start speaking the truth fully, with no lie mixed in.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/11/2005 8:43:11 PM

Gideon,

I see this concept of ONE LOVE. Maybe you see the similarities in what I have to say. I say the only way to get rid of wickedness and hate and false conditional love is by teaching and speaking and spreading ONE LOVE unconditionally. Meaning I cannot abolish false love and wickedness if I use this type of love or wickedness in my own dealings. Once mankind stops using false love and wickedness it will be abolished. As long as we divide by false love and putting conditions on things, we will not abolish false love and wickedness.
Do you see what I am saying? So I believe I understand what you are trying to make mention of.

Marley once said something to the affect of:

God owns all things, so who owns the ganja pipe? Why do people tell you you must not use the ganja if it is god that owns all things?

The tricky part is that the babylonian law will lock us up if we do not follow the babylonian law. We know the law is not gods law but so we can live a somewhat hassle free life we have to know when to be ourselves and when to act like babylon wants us to.

I see killing as wrong. I see darwinism as wrong but will I not defend myself if attacked and fighting for my life? My sense tells me I should not use violence..........but if i have to make the choice what shall i do?

Much Love and good to see you post again my brethren.

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/12/2005 1:07:18 PM

I don't get the point in that last post.

I remembered a major example of where we need to correct our words. Stop calling yourself a rebel. Rebellion means fighting against legitamate authority. I appreciate the metaphor that you are rebelling against a rebellious system, but it is much much better to say that you are a defender of the faith, or a lawgiver, or an officer of the court.
The babylon courts stand up and say that they are the lawgivers. Rasta people should do just that and then people will see that they have to find the truth for themselves.
Babylon is the rebel, and rasta is the original authority.

What about Mortimer Planno book, the strangest man. Rasta is the original man and anything else is strange. But babylon teach us to reject the truth, so now Planno end up calling himslef strange. Again, I appreciate the metaphor but it is better to call the popers strange. Actually poper is another word for strange person. And rasta is another word for normal or natural person.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/12/2005 1:18:19 PM

Do you remember ever going through the experience of Kunta Kinte? I do. Parents and teachers put me through that from the youngest age. They force you to say it how they want it.
Then when they force you to say one lie they build on that lie and build up a whole system. But they are constantly forcing you to tell lies and they constantly build on those lies. Next thing you know you are completely lost and don't know what the hell you are saying.

Words are thoughts, and they are stealing our thoughts from us. It is vital to speak the truth.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/12/2005 5:29:15 PM

I am saying InI cannot abolish hatred by using any form of hatred against anyone, even babylon. If we spread love and keep spreading love and keep teaching righteousness, then righteousness will spread and little by little hatred will die, because nobody makes use of it any longer.

For the other comment: If god owns all things who is babylon to try to tell me that i cannot use the ganjapipe , in that example.

Truth, Rasta is the original man and babylon is rebeling against this. This just shows that we try to explain things from the babylonian way. So if babylon thinks they are right then I have no problem calling myself s rebel in their eyes. For myself I know I try to live the original way and therefore i only rebel against babylon but not against the truth, for i am on the side of the truth. Seen?

InI must stay strong and increase in numbers of reverting back to the truth. If nobody would use wickedness and hatred any longer than wickedness and hatred would no longer exist. So to stop hatred and wickedness we must not use these type of actions. I know babylon is badness, wickedness and foolishness, but I must not fight them with the same but with love. Love can be critical and rebellious but must not be violent even against babylon.

Like Marley said you can only win this thing with rasta, if you win it any other way you will "fight" again one day.

I try to love all people, because that is one love! I can love someone as a child of god, as we all are a child of god, even if they do wicked and hateful things. For I know they just dont remember true love, one love, through all the confusion of babylon. This still means they are a child of god so i shall love them for what the truly are but i can critize them for what they do and how they act and shall help them remember who they truly are.

If they truly would remember what love is they would not act a certain way so i know they are living in confusion and the most sacred place is where a old hatred becomes a present love.

This is the way i feel we need to conquer this thing called babylon, which is merely a confusion brought on by false teachings and beliefs.

ONE LOVE

Bergy

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/13/2005 12:29:24 PM

Blessed Love Rasta Far I

ALL love to the ones and ones. Blessed reasoning and heartical thoughts word sound power and roots and culture. Blessed to the I's.

InI site every day i am humbled and that is teaching the BLESSING of AWARENESS- Consciousness.

Just a couple of ites....i don't teach show abolish or any thing "good" nor "evil" Site? It is not about "spreading Love ... INI BE LOVE. Which is TRUTH. So it is not about suffering and rebelling and such and such it. HIM a man of ACTION of the spirit. The flesh "think and BE-have to get and it is balanced(or NOT-in case of walking deads) by the spirit of the most high---I-ration. Consider HIM how the MAN has been described good and bad depending on who has somthing to say. The undisputed truth is the tree that continues to bear fruit. so as "mere" humans these DE-bates can go on day after day....the TRUTH is what INI manifest without any sort "gola" or fame or fortune ofr glory... Not "needing" to forve he, ne she or they to follow....JUST BE.

yes I flesh DE-sires to live forever....The Spirit LIV-Creates forI-ever regardless of the garments of the flesh. And that is where INI site that each day this woman welcomes "Humble Pie", regardles of whow bitter it is, becuz it is good for INI, Rasta Far I.

Bob chanted "one love" not just for ones to feel all kissy comfy for the duration of a song or concert ... the ras is a mouth peice of TRUTH....WORDS-SOUND-POWER....and Love is so calle d"hard more often thatn not and once INI site that the load is lighter and it is not a struggle against he, she them or me, it is just the thing that needs to be transcended. Al thsi tlak talk about police, Babywrong, laws, and But and abut an buts are excuex for not LIVIING up. What is there to fear? WHAT is th fear? The fear odf manifesting what u fear? How about taking the same ENERGY and SOUNDING WORDS of Ites of Confidence....or do ones fear the so called Sucess? the prize? this old flesh haning on InI bodies is that.

Feel the molecules of all these ancestors and I-rate from them. INI forward on, The Ancesotrs flesh is gones and what actions they did wasn't meant for ones to do over again? INI not to "learn" what is already within not slide back to the same slavery of the flesh, The ancesotrs already freed that, becuz they had free minds, They spent thier bodies out to take on the garments of this generation.

RADIATE LOVE is the most natural thing to do when one knows INI. BE GOD if that is term that u can manifest. Sound it out... IT is TRUTH. Ones stop living in the Babylon concpetion of SIN. That is not INI heritage.

INI Perfection and purity inheritance....Love is MERCY...show MERCY at every moment, i-ditating perfection ALL-WAYS. If ones is living in the guilt of "SIN" or "SIN" itslef it is bcuz one has not shown mercy to oneself and is incapable of mercy to another... that is why there is all this JUDGEMENT.....TODAY SHOW JUST-US....mercy....LOVE Is the only Law to obey, pure and simple.

Ziggly sings
"we only live to learn to love
and no lesson is greater-
Make it your aim
suffer no Shame.....
To keep it in your mind to committ the sin-
I know that NO die-struction is greater--
What is your aim ? better explain"."

Show love to day.

Rasta Far I (NO FEAR)
Haile Selassie I (POWER OF THE TRINTIY)

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/13/2005 4:24:01 PM

Show Love and Mercy.

I have some trouble overstanding the last post, mainly for the barrier with regard to english skills. I apologize wish I could overstand it all better.

InI need to follow Jesus, need to follow HIM Jah Rastafari and put spirit above all material things and things like hate, greed and longing for things that keep us manifested with earth. InI Will live forever once we live the way Jesus or HIM does.

Bergy

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I