Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6903&start_row=11

BACCHANAL TING

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/15/2018 12:17:44 PM

H.I.M. : "We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

WASP - white anglo-saxon protestant Christianity is unequivocally backwards, racist, oppressive, and offensive to the truth that Halie Selassie speak of here.. White Jesus is a lie and the fruits of this poisonous tree speak for itself.. Yet the living, eternal word of Jah profess and prophecy of the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah Halie Selassie; and H.I.M profess and glorify this word. The Bible. Metsehaf Kidus

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2018 6:32:19 PM

Greetings Hemphill.

And yet that speech doesnt reflect on the fact that Ethiopian Christiandom which HIM makes reference to being 'brought into' Ethiopia from foreign..... has had an equally damaging and crippling effect on the indigenous Ethiopian religions as western christianity has on the rest of the world.

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6831&start_row=1

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/17/2018 1:31:09 PM

GARVEYS AFRICA, greetings Ras.
We have been on opposite sides of this one for some time now.. I think we both know that neither of us will be changed by what the other says of this topic.. An argument is not going to help. This is not what I want and I feel that it is not what you want either..
I would like, however, to express the other side of this and ask some questions..
When I reflect on the words of H.I.M in saying: "Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves." Then I read your last post; are you saying that Haile Selassie made an oppressive move onto his own people through his personal resolve in sharing the Bible with all his country men?

Well, then I meditate on H.I.M. saying : "Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible." and this make me think that those who see the hopes and aspirations crumbling, is perplexed and knows not where they are drifting, have rejected this message and denied the King of Kings.. Suffering because of this and not Haile Selassie's resolve in spreading the message of Christ..
Coming more from a spiritual mind vs a carnal, physical mind..
And with this perspective, I think of how the world called H.I.M a tyrant because he lived 'lavishly' while his own people starved.. Never having the critical thought of Italy's bombing and poison as the causation of the destruction of crops and economy. And with a similar train of thought..

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/17/2018 1:45:50 PM

Rejecting and removing H.I.M and the Monarchy from the throne, had some dire spiritual consequences that manifest into physical suffrage.. I think the world as a whole is perplexed and knows not where we are headed because, for the most part, we rejected the King.. Just look at the turmoil in the usa right now.. The usa government killed JFK because he spoke positively of Haile Selassie.. Then they replace JFK with racist LBJ and then Reagan, who professed disgust in the military for aiding Haile Selassie.. Well, now the whole thing is spiralling out of control.. A multi faceted issue with many ways of looking at it..

Messenger: NazIr Sent: 2/17/2018 2:18:55 PM

Blessed love I Hemphill,

InI think the I should read RastafarI Over Illuminati by Ras Jon Far I (aka Ras Yohannes Negus) as soon as the I can. I really know that you will thoroughly Fulljoy it. I have read it a few times. Aswell as had several copies. InI am ordering another copy in the next couple days. I don't have a copy presently because I gave all my copies to other Ras' (of whom either couldn't afford it or it didn't ship to their country, so InI shipped it to them). It is like $10 or less and WELL worth more than that.

Please I DO NOT take this as bias. But InI have met the author and reasoned with him many many a time. He is a Rastaman that came from a Catholic background. He spent many years (almost a decade I think he said) gathering all the information, resources, and citations used when writing and compiling the book. He also self published it because he didn't want any censorship or the like that comes along when a Babylonian publishing company is involved in the process.

I bring it up to the Idem deh because Iverything the I has mentioned is thoroughly discussed in the book. In depth. I have even shipped the book to a few Ras on this site and reasoned with them on it.

The book is only available through Amazon at the moment. Also, the author has since written more books which InI look forward to reading aswell. InI look for to hearing about how the I sights the book aswell as reasoning with the I.

One Love I,
Ras NazIr

Messenger: NazIr Sent: 2/17/2018 2:25:10 PM

Hmm....there is apparently a 2nd edition. This is the copy I will be ordering it seems. Interested to see what is difference between the 1st and 2nd editon.

https://www.amazon.com/Rastafari-over-illuminati-Conspiracy-Selassie/dp/1500853496

One,
Ras NazIr

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/17/2018 3:08:08 PM

Greetings Ras NazIr, I have read your words many times here. I appreciate the book reference, already have it ordered.. I also look forward to further reasoings with you.. I know that we may see certian things differently, and have vastly different life experience, but we can still rejoice in Jah and reason positively!

Messenger: NazIr Sent: 2/17/2018 6:51:21 PM

Of course the feeling is mutual and reciprocated. Yes I, InInI definitely seem to have opposing views on certain things. But let the I's focus on InI similarities and not our differences. Let us come forward in Inity and reason on all topics. After all, how would InInI learn from one Inother if we were all the same?

Fulljoy the book I. InI know the I will.

Love and Inity,
Ras NazIr

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/21/2018 10:34:42 AM

Hemphill.. in short response, what i was saying is that it is clear that from Ezana to even Haile Selassie himself, a predominant recurring theme is Christianity as they know it having been brought to them and taught to them from outside forces. From 'a farren.' InI look to Haile Selassie and Ethiopia and Africa for a search of what is sovereign, what is indigenous, what is traditional. Making this a significant point in his story.

Blessed

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/21/2018 11:30:16 AM

Yes I. That is fair reasoning.. The only thing I would add to that is the origins of this 'brought' Christianity, and the predating characters of, are the Ethiopian Hebrews.. So to me, the thing kind of comes full circle..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I