Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=684&start_row=1

Opression = Pain

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/6/2005 9:04:20 PM

I Brother I Sister a speak to the nation of RastafarI with love. I have been how i'd say, opressed and wronged by Babylon. I n I speak to you now with tears and I eyes. This Deputy threatened I, saying he would take I job away.

After eating I & a fellow I work with had got done eating at the local fair(where I work). I own a pass of my own that allows me access to ANY gate. This Deputy rudly stops me and asks me "whats have you got to do with maintenance!".... let it be known he has no authority to question my position long as I hold the position as employee. After yanking by my pass(secured with a necklace around my neck), I say to him "I work for maintenance." He tells me if I dont have anything to do with maintenance I shouldnt ever pass through his gate....(remember I work for the maintenance & he has no authority over me). (at this point after being yelled at for no reason) I tell him, please let me go and get out of my face....he refuses and I say "listen please let go of my card..dog(which is around my neck, I said this lasst sentence kinda low towards the in due to I was upset). He says I aint your dog and if you take this card out of my hand your going to loose your job. He tehn asked me if I understand....(I am almost crying at this point), He yells at me again DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?...I muttered out...I overstand and he let me leave.

I have reportted thiss to my Boss and they is on I said. I just had to get this out because I am exteremy disturbed.

unconditional love to all I's and much respect to you for reading I post.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/7/2005 12:29:37 AM

Well that sucks but I don't see how it brought tears to your eyes. I wouldn't be that upset about it.

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 3/7/2005 11:19:09 AM

Yes bredren. I feel that.

I would have reacted with much anger in that.. maybe even to much (Of course, the pulling of something that was around your neck justified, in my eyes, making the man back down) I know the feeling. I can overstand the tears in your eyes, even though I can't put it into words myself. Almost.. like.. the fact that he disrespected you that way.. just hurt.

If it was me, and I had hit him when he grabbed at my pass... I would be wrong, and I would loose my job, and might have to go to court. Maybe jail, depending..... You did what was right.

I do think, however, that you should take it up with everyone you can. your boss, his boss... the guy who oversees both bosses. Make a fuss. Or, you can make a point to always be there when he screws up, and make sure he sees you laugh.

Personally, I can't stand security people. They are just people that always wanted to be a cop, but couldn't make it.. (and that's pretty bad if you are too dumb or whatever to be a cop) Security is the closest thing to being a real cop he can get. He probably gets off on his power trips... Seeing you upset was exactly what he wanted. These guys give other security people (the ones that pick the job to actually protect people) a bad name.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 3/7/2005 3:45:14 PM

I and I have much respect for Ras Elijah for not hitting the man. Many other people probly would of beat his ass. That must of took a lot of strength. I man agree with Dr. Binghi totally keep makin a fuss over it and go to his boss and your boss and everyday and complain. Jah will punish.

give thanks and praise
Rob

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/7/2005 11:55:56 PM

Just to put out if it was to mean somethin, I am only the age of 16.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/8/2005 12:11:13 AM

That shit happen to the best of us.Just hold your head and do not give in to intimedation.When they see the youth come up, they want to put the mash down, but even if you are 16, you still have to take cair of yourself.Find the job rule book and bring things to light.

onelove

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/8/2005 12:25:48 PM

I thank I's for your spirited words, this is why I n I stick with I brothers & sisters.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 3/8/2005 3:54:22 PM

hey I and I is 16 too when is the day the I was born onto this earth?

Give thanks and praise
Rob

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/8/2005 11:16:36 PM

August 24

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 3/9/2005 3:52:21 AM

ELI JAH I

Seen nowhere in the world, with few exceptions, are black men accorded equal treatment with white men, although in the same situation and circumstances, but, on the contrary, are discriminated against and denied the common rights due to human beings for no other reason than their race and color , but still rasta never bow down.

Keep cool iya

Jah Rufaro
JNR SNAGGA PUSS

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I