Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=81

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/16/2017 7:09:30 AM

I submit that just like what happened in the Christian church over 2000 years...the movement has been hijacked by those with worldly vision rooted in politics.

A Rasta heart is what brings forth a Rastaman not the skin.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/16/2017 9:43:17 AM

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: Today 12:09:30 PM

I submit that just like what happened in the Christian church over 2000 years...the movement has been hijacked by those with worldly vision rooted in politics.

A Rasta heart is what brings forth a Rastaman not the skin.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/15/2017 7:02:08 PM

What does this have to do with who did what in slavery or even color? YOU DO REALISE when black people say black people we mean the African nationalities and of its diaspora. African supremacy if that makes you feel better but this isnt about making anyone feel better so Black supremacy same way.

Dont tell me you are a Rasta who claim Garvey and Emmanuel as racist? - I guess to you all who follow Marcus Garvey and Prince Emmanuel are not true rasta...... smh

: GiveThanks4LifeSent: Today 6:16:39 AM
"Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side, not the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white." (Bob Marley)

There never has been or ever will be a greater emissary for the Rastaman.

GARVEYS AFRICASent: 7/15/2017 1:58:58 PM

"BLACK SUPREMACY"

- Black progress by Bob Marley

Your emissary chanted for EQUALITY and chanted for BLACK SUPREMACY

GiveThanks4LifeSent: Today 6:23:15 AM
Dear Garvey's Africa, yes much skipping around. Simplify...

Is the Black man greater than the White man in the eyes of the Almighty?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 7/15/2017 2:17:02 PM
Maybe you confuse SUPREME which deals with Power and Authority; with SUPERIOR which deals with Quality and Standard. You can say black SUPREMACY and still deal with EQUALITY:

"As adjectives the difference between superior and supreme is that superior is higher in quality while supreme is dominant, having power over all others."

Your still dealing with superiority and not power and authority

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/15/2017 10:03:53 AM

I think, for most white people, the term Black Supremacy triggers a whole lot of insecurity. And at the root of that insecurity white people think it's about admitting that black people are a superior race. I've seen that arguement made, but not by black Rasta, never the less, white people freak out a little bit over the wordsound.

EXACTLY Iah.

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/15/2017 11:26:59 AM

Don't forget it was 'blacks' that sold out 'blacks' to 'whites'...there was no colonial structure over those traitors to do so at the time either.

Typical.... Any black people sold by black people in slavery doesnt equate to the volume of people stolen, kidnapped and taken by force by the white man. Secondly, and equally as important, black 'slaves' at that time in Africa were NOTHING like the chattel slavery InI faced in the hells of the west. They were prisoners of war usually in captivity for a finite number of years or until a debt was repayed. There isnt anything in history comparable to what InI encountered in chattel slavery, or during the middle passage; and when dealing with the whiteman in his search for Prestor John, he is known to be a tricky beast. I do urge you read Ras Goddess's link

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/16/2017 10:00:16 AM

You quote Bob without any context.. He was asked a question by a reporter regarding what people he was trying to reach with his music. His response was to avoid the race baiting question posed to him by saying he is for the righteous, for the Jah minded peoples. He didnt just come out and say this thing you quoted. He did, however, many times identify as Black and make many songs specifically aimed at raising the Black Man. Hence GARVEYS AFRICA post of the Bob Marley song 'Black Progress'... But again, just like with the teachings of Haile Selassie, you 'conveniently' avoid the OTHER HALF!! And that is what this is all about. Notice that no-one here has brought up 1/8th, 1/16th, 1/whatever with this conversation except YOU. Everyone else involved in this conversation here with you has, like Bob, spoke upon the basis of mind-set.. You cant seem to get over the word sound of Black Supremacy to be able to see the fruits of it.. It is not about one color being higher than another as you vehemently stick to. It is about Black people RISING ABOVE THE HATEFUL AND DOWNPRESSIVE SYSTEM OF BABYLON THAT AIMS TO CONTROL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR ACTIONS.. Why then are you so opposed to this? If babylon is one way and opposite of Jah-way and White Supremacy is a babylonian thing, then Black Supremacy is in effect exactly the opposite of the babylonian way.. White Supremacy, as has been explained to you more than once, is about the domination of anyone non-white. Black Supremacy is about rising out of and above this system of hateful control. I first say to you that you should use the SEARCH BAR on this site to gain more perspective and context because this exact topic has been reasoned again and again.. And in these different reasonings, it has been said that: 'it is better for a White man to have a BLACK HEART than a Black man to have a white heart'... Think about that, does that sound like the same thing as white supremacy or is this speaking to a mind set that can cross the 'color barrier'?
This really isnt that complicated man, but it does require one to throw out a babylon mind set. Are you willing to do that?

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/17/2017 5:40:13 AM

Dear Hemphill, if the subject line (White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta) is not about skin colour but a metaphor to the direction of a man's heart, than everything is I-right.

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/17/2017 6:38:27 AM

The thread, "your feelings on the white Rasta" shed some light.

Y'all are right the wordsound of 'supremacy' is disturbing. If it was up to me, I'd change it within your teachings, and use a different word. It may be easier to get through to people that way and not have to go through lengthy discussion.

The Bi-call of H.I.M to Africans and Humanity is seen. The Grey of that matter is who is to identify as African (to identify as Human is easy...at least for now eg:cyborg future)? To the physical eye, I am a 'mongrel', DNA from many nations. White skin is seen on me, freckling is seen on me, Oriental eye fold is seen on me too, Strong tanning melanin comes out in the sun ... but my heart has always held much love and affliation to visibly Black skinned peoples, their passion, their communal ties, strong women...anyhow my skin in the face of humanity is a tumbleweed of nations not rooted in any nation...my heart? Hmmm....

Blessed Love, Thanks for the reasonings. Give thanks for life. Jah bless.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/17/2017 10:26:12 AM

Well you have at least shown some humility and a willingness to learn.. Props for that. Looking at the title to this thread, white rasta seemingly doesn't have much to do with the conversation we have been having here. Yet a closer look shows that the idea of Black Supremacy and the issue of 'white rasta' go hand in hand.. Many Black people have a problem with any White person saying they are Ras Tafari. Not all feel this way but we should not be so easily offended by that stance.. I say 'we' beacause I am White too.. I have been able to learn humility and overstanding on why many feel this way and the hesitancy to learn about Black Supremacy is a major reason.. So many fellow White people come here rejecting this and that and asserting this and that but hardly ever taking a step back with a mind set to learn and grow and realise that we are guests here.. Realise that we will not be universally accepted and find a way to accept that.. Humility and love.
Grow

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/18/2017 6:47:41 AM

Dear Hemphill, if 'whites' are guests among 'black' Rastas how are those 'whites' to take the words that, "any leadership that teaches you to depend upon another race, is a leadership that will enslave you"? (M.Garvey)

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/18/2017 7:44:23 AM

..... No one is telling you to depend upon another race.. This quote is aimed at getting Black people to have self reliance and to quit following the white supremacist colonial system of control.. This path, Ras Tafari, is all about the knowing the self and making that connection with Jah. You are the highest authority of decision and action within your own life. Again, no-one is telling you to bend down and kiss the feet of another...

From a Biblical perspective, Christ came for the salvation of his people, the Black and Brown Hebrew Israelites, first and foremost. Then, through extension, anyone that believed and followed in him receives this grace.. Same with Haile Selassie. He come first and foremost for the liberation of his people. Through extension of righteousness, this grace can be recieved by all. But we must not forget that this path of Ras Tafari is a BLACK LIBERATION movement and that righteous white people are guest's within that.. We must allow them to take full control and leadership of THEIR MOVEMENT. This does not mean that others must not take control of their own life actions; but with the movement as a whole, it is not ours to direct.. Seen?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/18/2017 8:19:05 PM

Give thANKHs bredren Hemphill! Good reasonings!

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/19/2017 6:02:52 AM

Dear Hemphill, Yes I see what you are saying; however, Science says we are all out of Africa. That makes all mankind long stretching roots of Africa. The way of the Rasta is NOT a black liberation movement. That is politics. Rasta is news about yourself, and your own history. It breaks your chains and frees your heart and mind to live.

The subject line insinuates that a white man cannot be a Rasta, I insist all skin colours can.

The colour of flesh is not the answer, it is the heart. Ok, imagine this world y'all speak of where 'Black' rules Africa (even though I don't believe colour lines should or can be drawn on a race). Then what? The rest of the world and it's 'colours' are left void of a spirituality that sheds Babylon and gives praise to the Almighty? I see Rastas of every nation, standing firm, as equals in the Kingdom.

The depths of suffering are broad and long lasting through much of the human race. Though the stories may differ, the pain and wrongs of them may last for generations and generations among families. I feel sorry for the man that clings to his sufferings in life as a means to justify his path.

Anyhow, this subject line was sent to Jamaica, and one word came back in regard to it, "F**kery". Simple wisdom.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I