Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=101

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/20/2017 1:28:01 PM

The Life of the Rastaman 101

Water supports life.

Water puts out fire unless the fire burns so hot that the water is dissipated. Dissipated not devoured.

Using Air, Fire will eventually consume all fuel in its path, and burn itself out if it is not first denied Air.

In the absence of Fire, Water will condense again and support life.

As such the religious/fire will spew words/fuel (his-story, documents, 'facts') to try and consume/or assimilate the Life unto their own hell-ement, disciples of the religious fan the flames as Air. True Life (water) won't stand with this abomination, it will dissipate, let the abomination burn itself out and die, then it will condense again and support life.

Water will reflect the image of that which approaches it.

Water can refract light, and show all colours in that light.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/20/2017 9:51:10 PM

LOL!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2017 12:07:30 AM

Give Thanks Rasta Goddess in highighting both the teachings and works of Haile Selassie under the premise of African unity and liberation

Joyous wordsound

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 7/31/2017 9:40:21 AM

Wow!! I've been gone a while but its a lot of interesting thoughts that came out on this subject... I know it may seem like beating a dead horse..but until Africans are fully liberated home and abroad; mind and spirit. We must continue to review topics as these, because of the importance it has within the Afrikan community as a whole, not just the Rastafari movement... I also now understand there needs to constant dialogue between Afrikans, on not just the white race, but more importantly, in the effect, of how we can take control our own destinies, build better communities,stop violence in our communities, ,support more Black businesses, and uplift the black race as a whole.

At the end of the day if whites or any other races of people claim to be rasta or not I could care less at this point in time in my life. My focus is about us helping our own Black people because no one else is gonna do it for us and we should not expect others who benefit from the system...whether they agree with it or not to help us...or for that matter; to understand our plight as Black people. We know our history, we know what's been done to us as Afrikan people. Now what are we gonna do to fix the problems???? How are we going to fix the situation for our children and grandchildren??? How are we gonna bring back Black self-love in the hoods and ghettos where are people our suffering??? What are we doing to change the dynamic of Prison Industrialized system which is mainly filled with our people??

Chanting Rastafari, growing locks, proclaiming Black upliftment and eating Ital...are all great things..but are problems in the Black communities go deeper than this, and it's time to actively attack these problems. We all know due to the past our situation won't change overnight...but if we don't actively start we know for sure it will never change. People of other races that get it can help us rebuild our communities, the one's that don't can stay out of our way, and do their own thing.

Haile Selassie I. Empress Menen I.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/17/2019 12:59:46 PM

I know this is an old topic, but serious??

I think without judging that the level is low
Too much white vs black talk
Even though Rastafari is Africa and there are race problems today

Black son
How can you say that Alboroise is stealing just because he is earning on his music.
Is Eminem also just a vampire because he does hip hop even though blacks started hip hop? We gotta keep it real. The best in the game are profiting from it. No matter if it is black or white. Alboroise follow his heart and spread the african uplifting Rasta teachings out to the world. The fact that he makes paper on it is because he is one of the best in the game. We can't hate on that. The only reason is that his skin is white - So he can't sing rasta reggae?

People have always worked with things others have created. For example, there are also black bull riders although it is a very white sport.
Precisely because it is about what you are! What you're fighting for. What you mean is right. (though I know whites have taken alotta tings black have created)
A white man today is not his white ansestors and and all white rastas do not have a thought of stealing what is black. I'm not saying you said that, but to me i see a huge undertone

Do Eminem feel home at his culture just because he is born white? No
He follow his heart too because he loves hip hop. Hip hop is him. Should that be taken away from him too because black man made hip hop? Should the black bullrider stop doing what he loves because the sport was made by whites
COME ON

AFRICA FIRST
AFRICAN PRIDE

but much fire pon you black son
And still one love fi you
hit me

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/17/2019 1:46:04 PM

You are talking about a race like its one. Like we don't live in 2019
Like whites are the same. Like blacks are the same. Like yellows are the same

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/17/2019 1:49:27 PM

So a man with white skin can't defend rasta because some other whites raped africa?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/17/2019 10:06:28 PM

he didn't say they can't defend
he said they have no rights in the trod itself

you can defend women without being or labelling oneself as a woman etc

Whether you agree or not, the op was spoken like a TRUE GARVEYITE. Something to be appreciated and raspected. His words clearly do not come from a place of hatred or bigotry. Garvey I I

Let me post a link to the song which gave the thread its title.....

People nowadays like to act as if Garvey has no place in Rastafari or as though InI ancient original Rastafari didn't create wordsound like the op or the song above.

"Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 6:40:25 PM
hide Edit Reply

The Rastafarian movement has taken the idea of Ethiopians and incorporated these beliefs and ideas into their everyday life styles. The Rasta’s accepted the idea of Ethiopia as being their savior with the influence of Marcus Garvey. His inspiring words has created an image of God to the Rasta’s:

If the white man has the idea of a white God, let him worship his God as he desires. If the yellow man’s God is of his race let him worship his God as he sees fit. We, as Negroes, have found a new ideal. We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God- God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, the one God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship him through the spectacles of Ethiopia.

These words gave the Rastafarian’s hope and motivation to find their God in Ethiopia and have pride in their race. It encouraged the people to believe that they can be their own leaders without the white majority telling them who to worship and follow.

The White man has no rights to the African continet, Rastafari, African Spirituality, or anything else that empowers the great black race. The most hypocritical race on the Earth shall burn with the rest of Babylon. White people of the PAST and TODAY will all have to bow and pay their dues to the mighty African race. The white race has too much blood on its hands to be part of anything but evil. So, the white race will never be accepted in Africa or African spirituality."

GARVEY I
I sorry I join this website just after black son of Jah left it look like, what a shame.

Give thanks Jahman

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/18/2019 4:19:00 AM

After InI see Selassie I as African leader - InI see him as world leader
After InI see Africa rise up InI see the world speaking about one love
After InI see Rasta as an Afrikan ting InI see it as a world ting
Rasta liverty is natural liverty
So when im looking at a white rasta im looking at a man living natural
InI see rasta as the only way to live for humanity

That a man with white skin stop calming his hair. Start living Ital and natural and follows Selassie I teaching fi rise Africa up before the world can speak of one love InI really can't see why he as a man with white skin should stop fightning for what he believes is right. And when you believe rasta, live like rasta - You defend this liverty. And a rasta is a man who live and defend this liverty

InI already know that song and I simply just disagree. InI overstand what they mean especially during that time. but the more we go back in time the more ignorant people are on race. Especially the bitterness after what a lot of white people have done. Malcolm was one of the greatest leaders, but he could never today say "All white people are devils" Sizzla made a lot of songs about killing gays back in the days. Has it ever been rasta to kill anyone?? And now we see the new generation Kabaka Pyramid making songs with jah sun. Alboroise making songs with Chronixx. I see more love in the new generation at various points. (Not because your attitude is hate. You love Jah children like I, but you just believe in other ways)

InI don't see Rastafari becoming a sell out ting because white people join it. It will always defend blackness and the principle of "AFRIKA FIRST"and if white people don't respect and defend that - they are not a part of the liverty
I have a problem with Western people saying jah, one love and smoke weed, but when it comes to blackness dem give less a bomboklatt because it gets too far away from their western values. But they are simple just not rastas? Im sorry if I sounded disrespectful to you black son, but this is just so far away from my thinking. That Alborosie, as a white-skinned man, sings about his beliefs on Rastafari protects African rights is just him. I don't see it as stealing. I see it as him. Just because he was born in another culture does not mean you belong to it.

Imagine changing a white businessmans mindset on how to treat the poor with Rasta teachings. Why can't we burn the system together? InI don't see color. InI see spirits. The reason why Rastafari defend blackness is because of the pride to defend. After so much manipulation from babylon with white jesus, black devil and so on. So jah people would feel ashamed of being black. Rastafari is an uprising. The identity giving to the children of Africa because of what babylon made. But it was babylon who came with their garbage "color difference. "

But GARVEY
What exactly did Marcus say showing that people from other races can't join Rasta?

I believe in the "Rasta chose I - I didn't chose rasta

One love and give thanks

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/18/2019 4:29:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CJvAraQbQ

My way if thinking

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I