Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6713&start_row=1

Mushrooms and fungus food?

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/30/2016 10:33:10 AM

i think i have a phobia of fungus / mold foods. i mean surely we shouldnt be eating such? i have no evidence just my gut feeling. i try and cut down if not eliminate as much as realistically possible

fungus foods:

mushroom
malt or malted anything
quorn
mature cheese
raisins
??? Bread / chocolate / soy sauce. (Although less worrying)

Definately not the top 3

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/2/2016 10:10:57 AM

Haile Love King
I turn this issue over in my mind often, although I wouldnt say I have a phobia of mushrooms. I do eat them sometimes. The edible white ones are said to be high in vitamin D. I have read and heard a lot of claims that reishi, turkey tail, and other mushrooms are healing and beneficial in numerous ways. Yet I have an inclination to be nauseated or vomit if I eat raw mushrooms. In culinary use I have to sautee them, and in medicinal I will go for a water or alcohol extraction. For years I was avoiding any kind of alcohol but I did use the one dropper full of reishi in alcohol per day for a couple months. I think it may have contributed to healing womb issues, it is hard to know for sure because I was also using other herbs and tinctures at the time for that purpose, but I discontinued after one bottle of the reishi exract simply because of that hesitancy to consume any amount of alcohol, the horrendous taste, plus the cost of the item. As far as mushrooms my mind is still not made up, but I am currently avoiding them completely.

Among Iman list, the only other foods I ever eat are certain vegan breads and chocolates (the O brand, endangered species brand, or others that have minimal and, for I, satisfactory ingredients). I am curious which part Iman refer to when the I say chocolate is a fungus food? The soy lecithin? The bread I am guessing Iman refer to yeast? I thought it was a bacteria?

Also King, what is quorn?

Bless Up, more Itality

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I