Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6703&start_row=21

Meaning of Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/21/2018 10:26:57 AM

Nesta. You have posted your story from 34 years ago 3 or 4 times now, why? Regardless of what any body has told you, color or race and especially nationality and identity is while not always; nonetheless still important. We are all 1 just as much as we are not all 1. Rastafari is black supremacy manifest through ideology and livity out of a necessity for such; after being placed in a world where such differences are present. Rastafari means of black supremacy is required to restore balance and equilibrium to a point where color and race etc will be less and less and less of an importance.

Until the until

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/21/2018 11:12:39 AM

GARVEYS AFRICA - I've posted what my Jamaican brother said and showed to me many years ago because he was correct (of course), it made a profound impression on me, and this is a website for sharing with others experiences related to our RastafarI journey among other things. We know from DNA studies that humans are all 99.9% identical genetically. But long before DNA was studied to that extent, His Majesty told us that we must abandon the divisiveness of emphasizing skin color over our Inity, cast aside misconceptions of racially supremacy, and join together as One People in our Inity:
"On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson: Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned...the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained." Haile Selassie I (October 1963)
My brother, we don't attain any "balance" or "equilibrium" in the world by accepting & adopting the devil's mechanism of racial inequality and simply changing its direction by applying it to people whose skin color happens to be black instead of some other color. To do so is to cast aside the principles of Oneness & Love that His Majesty came to exemplify and show us. We are all animated in carbon flesh-and-bone shells of different forms, sizes and colors, but the truly remarkable miracle that we all share is Life --the Life created by the shared energy of the JAH LOVE that animates those carbon shells.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2018 2:53:46 PM

UNTIL THE UNTIL WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT

- the paraphrased words of HIM. If you are going to use his words then use them right. Haile Selassie clearly understood these things. And there is no Rastafari trod without the black supremacy teachings of Garvey / Howell / Charles Emmanuel Edwards - what about what THOSE Jamaicans said? Why was your 1 Jamaican you met right and not these pillars of Rastafari?

Wise up

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/28/2018 8:09:33 AM

No, no, my dear Brother. You sadly miss such a key Truth: RastafarI and ANY SUPREMACY do not comport with one another; “supremacy” (i.e., some people innately higher than or better than or superior to others) is precisely what we fight against. It’s an anathema to us. One does not win any Divine & Righteous Battle by picking up the weapons of the Devil (e.g., racial discord and divisiveness) and using them. Of course i know well the words of Marcus Garvey and the original root of the movement, my Brother. Babylon System continues to be the downpressor of us all, but this would never suggest that His Majesty advocates us clinging to HateDread. That’s not what “until” implies.

PEACE & LOVE, my Brother

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/3/2018 5:40:58 AM

Notions of racial supremacy brought us our brethren being kidnapped from Africa and loaded onto boats to be used as slaves to build the prosperity of Babylon on their backs.
Notions of racial supremacy brought us lynchings and civil rights leaders being murdered as they tried to promote justice for all people.
Notions of racial supremacy are a devil philosophy.
We cannot build a foundation for Love & Inity on a fundamentally evil mentality based in setting one people apart from another.
Whatever some people may have taught or written many, many years ago in frustration over a racist system which appeared hopeless, WE forward in this generation in what is Righteous and True in the Name of His Majesty RastafarI.
WE have learned that our ultimate weapon against the wicked mentality of racial supremacy is JAH LOVE and WE reject the mentality of the devil.
Bob Marley (a man who, in a very poetic symbolism, was of a black skin mother and white skin father) on the subject race relations:
“Me personally, me can’t be prejudiced, me can’t me not think of Life that way because if you’re prejudiced that mean you have a hate. If you have a hate inside of you, you cannot be Righteous……What I really want is that the people come together.”

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 7/16/2018 5:44:17 PM

Well said Nesta1. When I have day or night visions of people and their plights in life, it is a range of colors. I get the Native Indian, I get the young white child, I old and young hispanic, and of course my black people (African's or African American's). That is the problem within our own culture that hurts us, is being racists of other races. It is the innocence of the soul that gives us the energy of light, not the color of the skin. I found out that the fight is also ingrained in the minds of our people. People that are sincere and actually have something to offer are turned away because they are of a different race. This is the misconception in Babylon, created by babylon. We are here to include all races, becasause it is the soul that matters. The 12 tribes have been tampered with and ripped apart and we been told this is who they are or that is who they were. But did anyone stop and think that the 12 tribes could be the different races. Many will be called and few will be chosen and as time goes on I see how few. Get away from hatred and unwise thinking of your brother from another color is not really your brother is not true. When I see the soul, it is the light of love I see and not the color of the person's skin. His Majesty has taught me so much throughout the years. I have been pushed away from my Rasta brothers because I grew up here in Babylon and have not had the same struggles as them. I may not have the same struggle, but I do have a struggle because my skin color is not white. I see the inequalities and I have had my run ins with the KKK and Skinheads. We are decendants of some great, powerful and loving people. Your energies grow as you come to realize that being one with nature is the same as being one with your brother and sisters. That one source we receive our gifts from is the same source that other races receive the gifts and blessings from. We are just torn by religions. Check your visions of your ancestors and see what used to be. There is a spiritual realm.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 7/18/2018 11:06:58 AM

Thank you for that, Angel. Nicely put.

Messenger: the white rasta Sent: 11/15/2018 10:56:00 AM

First, I'd like to start by saying that I have no right to speak on this and most other subjects here as I'm in the midst of trying to figure out if I can ever claim or be accepted as Rasta. This is my first post so please be gentle if you disagree.

It really depends on how far one is willing to bend the definition to make room for more eccentric mystical opinions of God and divinity. I'm not trying to change Rasta in the slightest because I have the highest respect for it. I don't believe in a personal God the way Christians do. Based on all my research and study I believe in the divinity of humanity. We create Gods. For me God is essentially he majesty of Creation. And I don't mean creation as a product of an intelligent designer. We create gods as an effigy or physical manifestation of the "Energy" or vibrations that we all descend from. And when I think about the power of God or God's will, I personally (as in not trying to convince anyone else) that we are that power because we are born of it, made of it, physical projections of it. That spirit.. or energy... is present in all of us and we lift up those who magnify that power. Therefore it makes absolute sense to worship H.I.M as an example of the power of God.

Everything else... and again... this is an opinion of someone who doesn't deserve to speak... everything else is an extension of this one singular principle. Because if you overstand who you are then it begs the standard of which we apply to God. If you overstand the divinity of humanity how do you justify that which is not love and unity? Not supporting these things to the fullest represents, imho, a lack of understanding of Rasta. And maybe the one who misunderstands is me. I'm open to correction.

Messenger: the white rasta Sent: 11/15/2018 11:39:25 AM

As a response to the question of love, again please take my words with a grain of salt, but love is relative to our understanding of oneness. In our minds we grapple with the idea of preaching love while having enemies. And I have read some misunderstandings of the concept of black power that remind me of the misunderstanding made media protests of Black Lives Matter.

Black Lives Matter never said that white lives don't. The idea that they were saying this came from fear expressed in the form of racial insensitivity and ambivalence. In a way people were saying your lives don't matter more than mine but it came out as a disrespectful reproach and contentious denial of the intent, purpose, and spirit of Black Lives Matter. They said All Lives Matter as if it had an opposing intent. Meanwhile All Lives Matter is not an organization that helps or saves anyone. Instead it seems to pervert the call for justice while defending the status quo of police departments serving whites more than minorities.

The things we call black... black lives, black supremacy, black pride, black panther... these things are only anti-white if you accept the premise that black people want revenge for the crimes against our humanity by seeking to return the favor stripe for stripe. But that logic is unsound for the simple fact that we couldn't be mad and develop a movement for liberation against a hostile oppressor if we had the same desire to become that hostile oppressor. We're not interested in becoming the devil. We only seek to return humanity back to the balance where we are truly equals. And that's not going to come from the agenda of white supremacy. And All Lives Matter isn't going to stop white supremacy.

Yeshua/Jesus said that is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle (not an english "needle" but rather a very small city gate) than for a rich man to enter into heaven. This is because the rich man doesn't NEED it as much and it (salvation) may actually cost him his wealth. Yeshua told the rich young ruler to give everything he had to the poor and he couldn't do it. So can the white man ("the" white man does not mean all whites but rather a tokenization of white privilege) who views America as his manifest destiny, who fears being replaced and displaced by Jews and other minorities, can THIS man give up his wealth in order to provide universal healthcare (for example) to the poor who are dying without? No, he cannot do it, because he has the power but not the moral fortitude to go so far against his own self interest.

So what is love in this scenario? Is love holding hands with the rich man who turns his back on the poor? Or is love rebuking that man and telling him what he must do to obtain eternal life? And if the rich man is shooting at the poor man, would love stand back and watch, knowing that the rich man has the advantage? Fighting.... fighting for equal rights and justice isn't simply love for the poor man who needs it but love for mankind. Blessed are the poor because the rich are hard to save because they're more likely to be corrupted by it. Fighting for humanity takes different shapes and forms but it is ultimately an act of love. To save a patient from a virus you don't defend the virus. In America almost everything is owned by 1-2% of the population. I'm not advocating against their survival but clearly the interest of 1-2% do not outweigh the rest. Rasta is important in this because its influence on the mind is like the anti-bodies to the virus. By accepting Rasta you're accepting a standard of righteousness that pushes against the dark influence of those who oppose love.

Messenger: the white rasta Sent: 11/15/2018 12:04:15 PM

Due to technical issues, this website is logging me in as someone else. Apologies to George Vine aka "the white rasta" but that's not me. My username is ZealotX and I am Jamaican/African American.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I