Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6614&start_row=21

I King

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/18/2016 6:31:18 PM

Buddhism is not Hare KRSNA.. A derivative maybe.. And yes, there are differences in the schools of thought but the idea is the same. A soul must come down to physical entwinement only when it has not attained the appropriate spiritual heights.. Siting that the physical manifestation is a lower energy of the Lord than the physical essence points to a karmic cycle that must be cleansed before one can escape the cycle of physical life and death.. According to the Gita, the entire world is in the mode of passion which is not compatible with KRSNA consciousness and can be related to the western idea of sin..

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/18/2016 7:17:17 PM

^^Siting that the physical manifestation is a lower energy of the lord than the SPIRITUAL essence**

Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/19/2016 2:19:19 PM

Maybe the savior is within? Both Christianity and Buddhism agree that no one is born perfect and there is work to do. Christians find it hard to agree with anyone though because a lot of their leaders refuse to debate and think they have attained all there is to attain.

Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/19/2016 2:20:37 PM

I agree with Hemphill. Give thanks ras

Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/19/2016 3:04:49 PM

As for the two core beliefs of Christianity and Buddhism, I find that it's not the scriptures but the delivery and practice that that they offer to the people that makes them seem to clash. One tried to diminish the people and still does today and one was pure because it required just you and your own mind. I think Christianity with the right eye is what brought HIM to the most high, but with the wrong one has caused major atrocities as IanI know. That man Thee who was on here seemed like he was still under the spiritual dictatorship and could not understand the seekers, bless him IanI know he's a good man and will find his way as we have to ours.

All praises to the most high Jah

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/20/2016 5:02:49 AM

The Afrikaner principle, practice and philosophy of KRST (also known as KRISHNA, Christ, etc) consciousness is an ancient one that predates Christianity by hundreds of years.

Rising from a lower vibration to a higher one, or transcending from "animal nature" to a God like one is found in practices that predate Christianity.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/20/2016 8:17:52 AM

Correction: not "Afrikaner" but AFRIKAN

SMH @ auto correct

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/20/2016 8:17:52 AM

Messenger: Thee Sent: 8/21/2016 3:15:22 PM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I