Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=661&start_row=1

Ras TajarI in a post you said that.....

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lump Sent: 2/23/2005 8:07:10 PM

IandI post

Sup, in the post above you say and I quote....

"Purpose is for everyone, and everyone has a purpose. So therefore everyone has a purpose for being. And for being, there shall be purposeful living."

Im not being funny or nothing of the sorts but how can you explain Bums and homeless person's who have not done bad but just are victims of hard luck ?

Or what about kids loosing they life at a early age within the united states urban cities ?

Whats there purpose ?

I ask this because im trying to get a better understanding of religion as a whole. and I never understood when people say "god has a plan for all of us" is that the cheap way of saying "You aint gonna be nothing, but god loves you anyway" ?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/23/2005 8:39:57 PM

What is hard luck? What is good Luck? What is to say that sucess is better than failure? Whether you go up the ladder or down it your position is shaky, when you plant both feet on the ground, it will be then that one finds stability. Bums and rich are the same, get rid of one and the other leaves with it. There is something that is past our emotional reponse to things, that is balance. There must be rich and there must be poor. There must be man to have woman, dry to have wet.... We think of things in a very emotional sense. When we see a child die or hear of a youth dying we think,"Isn't that terrible?" Why is it terrible? What is it that the child has to deal with that is so terrible now that he's passesd? What if there is more to be found on the other side of this life? Have you seen the other side? The answer to that is no. No one has. So why is it that we put such a label on it? Simply because we are primative and can't understand. Oh wait did he say primative? Yes I did. We are primative, just because we "understand" a great deal of things, doesn't make us enhanced. Even a world of superstition is still a familiar world.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/23/2005 10:20:24 PM

Yes I

It is a shame, but one man can influence the next. If I push a man into the road, he could be killed by a passing car. If I save money for my whole life, then give it all to the first "bum" I see, his life would also change. "Hard Luck" really isn't "luck" there is no such thing. This, in my opinion, is the essence of free will. Jah never created people into classes... to be rich or poor... Man created these things. We all have a purpose, but each human can influence the next human's purpose, even preventing it from happening. Personally, I think Jah gave us this life, and dominion over it. We make some rich and some poor, not Jah. Jah provides for us all, in abundance... It's mankind that hoards things, leaving the next man to starve. Yes, we all have purpose, but some wolves out there take it upon themselves to stop good people from reaching thier potential.

Bless

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/24/2005 2:03:08 AM

"Hard Luck" really isn't "luck" there is no such thing. This, in my opinion, is the essence of free will. Jah never created people into classes... to be rich or poor... Man created these things. We all have a purpose, but each human can influence the next human's purpose, even preventing it from happening. Personally, I think Jah gave us this life, and dominion over it."

Well Said Doctor Binghi. Reminds me of His Majesty's speech where He explains to InI that rich and poor will always exist because there are people that work and people that don't work.

Free-will is the key, everyone has a purpose, but it is up to each I to seek their purpose, to be ambitious and set goals. Life is worthless if there are no goals set and works acheived. Caring makes for a purpose, everyone "cares" about something or someone otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

RastafarI

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/25/2005 10:02:32 AM

This is for Lump:

I think your questions intertwine several issues.

Children dying young, is one issue.
Homelessness is another issue.

Purpose in life, is another.

They coexist but are not connected. Its like the opposite of a fork in the road. instead of one central vertex that has a split path, the origin is split. The purpose comes from Jah. Homelessness has many roots, depending on the individual. (Home is where the heart is)Premature death has a lot to do with the conspiracy to destroy black boys (Kunjufu). But the different origins meet the same individual.

Homelessness, bums, illiterates, all labels from babylon.

Who says one has to have a house. Afterall, its just somewhere to keep your stuff. (George Carlin)

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/25/2005 10:31:58 PM

comedians can be so wise, can't they?

seriously...

I know I stand alone on some issues concerning premature death, so I will keep them to Iself.

Just thought it was a nice quote (when I thought more about the words) by George Carlin.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I