Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6600&start_row=1

Rastafari nuh hail Jesus!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 5:56:17 AM

Enough is enough with so many "Rastas" out there only sharing Bible quotes and hailing up Jesus while Selassie is given a minor role as a role model or whatever. Jesus can be an ispiration, can be a teacher, can be your foundation for seeing HIM as the second coming of Christ in HIS kingly character, but Rastafari hail Selassie I as Jah and HIM alone. Christianity hails Jesus, Rastafari haile Haile Selassie I, always has been, always will be. Never partial and always sure!

Decide what you want to be and everyone will respect you, but stop diluting Rastafari with hailing Jesus yet calling yourself Rasta. That is not interchangeable.

Jah Rastafari, Haile Selassie I forIver!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 8:28:43 AM

Ras Tafari is true Christianity. Christ is THE major teaching of H.I.M. Citing the Bible and Christ through the lense of Ethiopia is Essential in the pursuit of salvation as H.I.M teach. Bible is the foundation, the rallying point of ALL Humanity, ones and ones need not be limited to it but it is ESSENTIAL.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 8:36:55 AM

no, it is not. Haile Selassie is the rallying point, HE is the redeemer, HE is the basis and foundation. All of those things come after. Hail HIM!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/26/2016 8:37:04 AM

Agree with the I completely Jah Seeker. Rasta isnt Rasta because of any teaching of Haile Selassie, nor Bible; but because Haile Selassie is Haile Selassie. Iditate on what I mean by that. Rasta is Rasta before we know of any of his speeches, beliefs or biblical ties. Not saying these dont hold importance but who have eye will see

Far-I

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 8:44:24 AM

Real talk GA!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 9:32:52 AM

Haile Selassie is the rallying point yes, and HE teach that the Bible is the rallying point. He is Christ in Kingly character, having a glorious role in the Bible. To know Christ in TRUTH is to know H.I.M. Haile Selassie bring forth a revised edition of the Bible. The Book of The Seven Seals. If the Bible was of no relevance and needing to be discarded, then this would be reflected in the teachings of H.I.M. Instead, we see the EXACT opposite. H.I.M stress the absolute importance of the Bible and Christ. No question there.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 9:39:37 AM

i didn't say anything should be discarded. All i said was Rastafari hail Haile Selassie I, nobody else. Nothing more nothing less.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 9:48:41 AM

Jah Seeker: "stop diluting Rastafari with hailing Jesus" "i think it is high time InI go beyond and outside the Bible."

"Jesus" in the modern world view as a white man is a pollution of Ras Tafari yes. Christ in TRUTH is H.I.M and the foundation for I and I who see. Hailing Christ in truth is Hailing Haile Selassie. -- This is the answer as to why Bob Marley did and said what he did about Christ. Why he was baptized in the E.O.C. Becoming a 'Sealed Locksman'.

Just how I see it.

Love

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/26/2016 1:38:49 PM

"We sick and tired of your ism skism game"...

Different perspectives for different ones.
I think "Messiah or Christ" have been adopted totally out of its original meaning and concept as King Saul was the first "Messiah or Christ".

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 2:52:04 PM

"Die and go to heaven inna Jesus name, lord. We know when we overstand, Almighty JAH is a living man!"

Yes, many different perspectives for different I's.. Also, "organize and centralize".. I think that H.I.M teachings of Christ and Bible should not be rejected, over-looked, or explained away. They should be explored and known so that these differences can fade into organized and centralized knowledge and ideas. Unity is paramount.

"How good and how pleasant it would be, to see the unification of ALL Rastaman."

Most High

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I