Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6567&start_row=21

The mystical/supernatural stories about HIM.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/21/2016 11:22:28 AM

Yes I agree. There is for some reason this need to compensate or even over-compensate for these supernatural stories from the Bible. Also, even if an I follows the Bible, at least for purposes of seeking and validating HIM divinity or relation to the ALmighty or viewing his arrival as the second Christ or Messiah, Counselor and what not (which i also do but ONLY PARTIALLY), InI see the divinity and the greatness of Haile Selassie I in His real work, life, teachings and behavior that has actually been recorded. I reject all the supernatural elements that are being (forcefully ? ) pushed around Selassie by people with a lack of overstanding of HIM real qualities and significance and His divine stature that can be linked even way way way back and outside the Bible. The real Rastaman knows of HIM significance withoud adding or taking anything away. The Rasta god is a living,breathing, born from natural intercourse, MAN. Not a supernatural creation that talks to animals and makes pictures come to life. Get serious Rasta!

Blessed love,
Selassie I power, never partial!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/21/2016 11:45:02 AM

Well said Idren Garveys and Jah Seeker! Good reasonings. Separating the "wheat" (truth) from the "shaft" (fiction) as dem say.

HIM is Divine in the same sense that all life is Divine. In the same sense as our Ancestors are divine, for without them, we would not be. In the same sense as liberation of Afrikan Liberation is divine.

No need to attribute hocus pocus to HIM for INI to sight His divinity.

As far as "talking" to animals, honestly, that would seem a NATURAL ability to one that is highly (haile) in tune with the universe and life. An ability that ain't no mystery to many.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 11:52:20 AM

I used to talk to I herb plants. Your right

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/21/2016 12:05:02 PM

Ya know brothah, that same thought ran through I mind while writing that last wordsound! LOL!

Much of the biblical mysteries and supernatural events are simply divine Nature in motion, told in story/human form but taken literally by the uninitiated, for example "Jesus walking on water" is none other then the SUN "walking (reflecting) on water. Or the yearly natural resurrection of the Sun. Or the natural yearly flow of red soil flooding the Nile, as Moses cursing the Nile bloody.

The western mindset is truly child-like in their UNDERstanding, when it comes to their (mis)interpretations of the Natural.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 12:07:25 PM

Perfect ixamples of Understanding vs Overstanding.

Bless up sistren

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 6/21/2016 4:11:08 PM

I remember when i was a child playing marbles (if you know what game that is) in the yard and i told one of my friends I would killed him from a distant; FYI, this is just the way we talk here in Belize when playing marble and trying to hit the opponent's marble.

Anyways, the instant i told him "Yo dead" when i hit his marble kicking him out of the game, he felled down stiff and started shaking and foamed at the mouth. I was frightened and ran to get my aunt who brought some rubbing alcohol and then placed it over his nose to bring him back.

That entire day i felt awkward after the incident and cried cause I thought he was going to died for real.

I guess word sound is Power but I will never forget that incident

Just a lil story i wanted to share

hotep

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/21/2016 4:22:13 PM

Very true that 'supernatural' is a mis-overstanding.

100% connection with JAH/nature would allow one, through thier complete oneness, to move with nature as one moves with thier own body.. When these actions are seen by child-like mindsets; the perfect harmony of such is seen as supernatural or by the even more ignoant, witchcraft.. Instead of diving into the reality of natural knowledge of self and environment that allows one to attain oneness, babylon minded people chalk it up as unobtainable supernatural mysticism.. This is a dangerous position to take, especially when written into religious dogma, as it inforces that the average person cannot experience spirituality without claiming supernatural abilities or experiences.. That divinity and spirituality are disconnected from human experience, unobtainable through daily life and knowledge..

As has been said here, H.I.M. life example has been very well documented through text, and video recordings.. I feel that if it was not for this accurate documentation of what happened and when it happened, H.I.M.'s deeds could be seen as supernatural. Impossible for one man to do and say all of those incredible things.. Especially if the description's dont start until 300 years after his time on Earth..

Everything can be explained naturally.. Creation and evolution are mystic/esoteric ideas that are simply natural!

Give Thanks!
MOST HIGH

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/21/2016 7:10:27 PM

Indeed! Word sound is power @ Har-Tema. I bet you thought twice before speaking death words the next time, huh? 😉;

Good reasonings Idren Hemphill!

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 6/22/2016 11:06:55 AM

Yes Goddess since every vigorous utterance can become an instant deed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I