Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6558&start_row=31

"SANETER EXPOSES THE IMPOSTER RASTA"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 63
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/13/2016 12:38:54 PM

Uh oh...The natives are getting restless again. Too black. Too strong. Too angry.

The irony is not missed by INI.

There has never been a bloodless revolution.

Peace is not the MEANS but is the OUTCOME.

Petet Tosh (on behalf of all Afrikans) speaks on his view of peace:

"Everyone is crying out for peace, none is crying out for justice. I don't want no peace, I need equal rights and justice."

"Every time I see peace, you know where I see it? In the cemetery: 'Here lies the body of such and such. May he rest in peace.' Yu see most intellectual people in society tink di word peace means comin togeda. Peace is di diploma yu get in di cemetery, an I know many a you likkle brothers woodn like to hear yu dawters say she's goin give a little 'piece' a bongo clippins, yu no seen. So yu can imagine how defective 'peace' is. Seen."

"Essentially, Tosh's refusal to accept peace in his advocacy for equal rights and justice acts as a challenge to the dictates of our hegemonic society. It is a metaphorical refusal of the ideology of passivity.

Perhaps his refusal of 'certain' ideologies is more 'heartily' expressed when he says, "Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die." He uses this proverbial statement to mock those optimists who believe that peace will somehow be obtained without the basic human rights of equality and justice.

Unfortunately, these basic rights are not so basic."

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 6/13/2016 2:13:04 PM

ONE LOVE...BLESS...

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/13/2016 4:31:07 PM

More FIRE RevolutionGoddess!

To secure peace is to prepare for war.

JAH fight on the front line!

MOST HIGH

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/13/2016 8:10:44 PM

"RevolutionGoddess"..................I like it! :)

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/13/2016 10:18:42 PM

Haha yes I. I couldn't help but feel it was appropriate, especially now after seeing the I's latest thread!

Ras Tafari = Righteous Revolution

No Justice, No peace!

Big ups

Messenger: Ital4life Sent: 6/14/2016 7:54:32 PM

This is an interesting conversation and I am listening.

Recent contributions describe the appropriateness of people not of African decent determining the course of what is pro-African movement. Many people around the world struggle with similar issues although skin color is less important in those situations because they are perpetrated by, and on, people who look similar. Let's face it, how people look is less important than how they treat one another.

Yes, there is a difference between an intellectual understanding of the African American (all islands and continents in our hemisphere) experience and direct, first-hand experience. One should evaluate their own experience and should not determine for other's what their experience is. Mutual respect for individual histories is required in order understand one another. It is a measure of equality and is valuable to all. It works both ways. Meet others as individuals and you will find more in common than you think. This is a pro-human position and is race-neutral.

The heart of Garvey's message is that one must empower and love oneself in order to stand against an oppressor; that oppressed groups must create their own institutions to further their quest for equality. His words are specifically directed toward African Americans and are justified given history.

His message applies more broadly to anyone exposed to coersion that cannot effectively control the controller. One can glean this without ever having to wade into a racial conversation because coercion occurs within races as well. Malcolm X cited the American, Russian and French Revolutions all of which were evidence that various ethnicites within the "white race" kill one another over resources universal to all struggles. Parallel examples exist across ethnicities on the African continent although you may be a better student of these than I.

For a more complete caption than that provided in the earlier post, I encourage readers to listen to him at the following link: https://soundcloud.com/dr-s-oster/malcolm-x-theres-no-such-thing

National governments don't want either of us spilling blood in the streets and let's face it, if we did, it may be short lived as we do not control the means of producing guns or airplanes.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 10:30:58 AM

Give thankhs for di I's reasonings Ital4life

Messenger: Ital4life Sent: 6/15/2016 10:58:03 AM

And how I am thankful. Jah bless, RastaGoddess🌞;

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/15/2016 2:58:29 PM

Yes, this is an interesting and needed conversation.
I saw this video a week or so before it was posted here, I thought about bringing it here but decided not to.. There are many long reasonings on this subject here already and I didnt want to add to the frustration that RastaGoddess express in saying: How many times will we continue to beat our heads against this wall?

It is not enough to simply have knowledge.. Without acting upon knowledge and bringing it forth through ones OWN experience into life and reality, this knowledge means very little.. A white man dressing up in a robe, turban, and accent is not acknowledging the truth of Black Christ through OWN experince and life. This man is not Jamaican, he is Swedish. For him to go to the street with photos, seemingly preaching Ras Tafari, is a disrespectful appropriation on many levels. Even if this man truly FEEL what he is saying, it is not his responsibility to preach it to anyone he sees.. Especially if the way he is delivering the information is not genuine to his OWN experience. Now, I am a white man. I have faith in H.I.M. as the LIIVING BLACK GOD. This is not because I want to be seen as something other than what I am, but because it is the TRUTH! As ALL things are of JAHs creation, it is the responsibility of each individual to increase thier connection and Love of JAH in truth and reality. That being said; Ras Tafari is MORE than an individual journey towards JAH, this is a very important aspect yes, but the larger truth is that Ras Tafari is a COLLECTIVE AFRIKAN REDMEPTION MOVEMENT! To take the IDENTITY of such would mean that your OWN experience must be of AFRIKAN struggle.. To preach this struggle to the world would mean that you are drawing from your OWN experience.. I have a strong and growing connection to the creator, JAH has revealed H.I.M.self to I in his own way different from others personal revelations.. This does not mean that JAH is different within these revelations, JAH is HE that be who he be, but that each connection to JAH is specifically tailored to the individual thus different.. I have not had my identity stolen from me, I am not an Afrikan needing justice and redemption. Therefore I do not take or claim the name and identiry of Ras Tafari.. I strongly agree with the movement and wish to help in any way possible. In this way I chant Ras Tafari and H.I.M.
IF the day comes in my life on Earth where Afrikans are redeemed and accepting of non-Afrikans as Ras Tafari, then so be it.. Currently this is not the case and forcing oneself as non-Afrikan into Ras Tafari is simply NOT HELPING THE MOVEMENT!

Many thanks for this reasoning!
MOST HIGH

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 4:06:16 PM

AHHHH SEE IT DEH? Now THAT'S what INI talking about! YES I!

WORD SOUND AND POWAH!

Beautiful, honest and fair reasonings Idren Hemphill!!!! JAH KNOW!

A royal bow unto di I mi bredren!

RASPECT!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 63

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I