Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6538&start_row=11

New to di Rasta Livity (Questions)

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/3/2016 10:45:53 PM

"Sunshine state where the bomb a$$ hemp be" as Dr Dre puts it! Haha much love for Kalifornia

Messenger: empress_kiyah Sent: 6/6/2016 9:59:00 AM

Sorry I am late responding. I haven't been feeling too well. I actually do accounting for a trucking company. My king man (husband) has at in-home business going and I am considering doing that with him. In regards to my diet, I actually feel a lot better and not as heavy after I eat if that makes sense. Trying to convert my family over to the Ital diet too but they've been meat-eaters all their lives so it will be a process. I've been researching recipes and considering trying the Jamaican Run-Down. Looks Delish!! Regarding living out here in Missouri (or Yes Misery haha) it is awful. I haven't met any other Rastafari women or men and it sucks. Everyone I have met is so ignorant to the Rastafari lifestyle its sad. They do not want to learn about their ancestors, Ethopia, Marcus Garvey, Selassie, or no one. I guess I've come to the realization I cannot learn for other people or speak truth to those who do not want truth. Finally wearing my "new locs" tied up today and I feel BEAUTIFUL.

Oh regarding ganja... I have to buy "Kush" for it to be any good.

Jah Bless Up!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2016 6:54:34 PM

I know oh so well @ cultural deprivation in Missouri! The Midwest are big meat eaters, especially pork! Must be from the southern influence...

I hear Chicago has a Rasta community, you might find some cultural events and meet some sistren.

I looked up rasta in missouri, just to see, and as expected didn't see mych. I did find this though, in case you aren't aware. It wouldn't hurt to check them out, maybe they'd know of others in your area

Malatiyah Zion Wears
915 E 85th St
Kansas City, MO 64131
Phone: (816) 333-3344
Email: mzionwears29@yahoo.com

And a Facebook page for reggae fans in Kansas City (ya might link up with Idren in your area)

https://m.facebook.com/KansasCityReggaeCommunity/

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/6/2016 11:53:56 PM

Seen Empress Kiyah!
Hope the I feeling better now... check the thread on Natural Healing Wisdom maybe there is already some info on the issue.
When you say trying to convert your family to eating Ital, do you mean your Kingman and your children? Or your extended family, like parents, sisters, brothers, and so on? Personally I would not try to change anyone's eating habits for them. The most the I can do is to Iducate people and hope they will make the right choice. That being said, I would think of it as impossible to have an Ital kitchen while others are cooking meat in it. Even using separate pots and pans, sponges, and so on, I would see everything as contaminated. So it would be nice if your Kingman comes around eventually!
I don't know about the Jamaican Run-Down, maybe the I can describe it for I&I? Or share the recipe?
Happy to hear the I feeling and looking regal in the turban =) Omega Love
RastaGoddess that was so sweet of the I to put together those links for the sistren! Hopefully can bring some fruitful realationships Iyah.
Fqr Chmr

Messenger: empress_kiyah Sent: 6/7/2016 11:51:39 AM

Thank you so much for the links. I am looking into them now. Yes I would like to convert my Kingman and pickny (children) to eating Ital. I have gotten pork completely out of the home and I am trying to do the same with dairy products. My Kingman is open to the idea of eating only fish which may work out for the family.
Regarding the rundown this is what I found:

Ingredients

1½ -2 pound red snapper fillet /mackerel or any fatty fish)
2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
1 bay leaf
¾ teaspoon or more (I used creole seasoning)
½ medium onion diced
2 teaspoon minced garlic or ½ tablespoon garlic powder
1-2 tomatoes with its juice
1-teaspoon thyme
1 canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ -teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 whole scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
Salt to taste.

Instructions

Cut fish in large chunks, rinsed and set aside.
In a large or large skillet heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add garlic, onions, bay leaf, thyme, whole scotch bonnet pepper and stir for about a minute.
Throw in tomatoes, paprika followed by coconut milk, white pepper and salt
Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 4-5minutes. Then add fish, continue cooking for about 7 minutes or more until fish is fully cooked and reached desired doneness and texture. Adjust sauce thickness and seasonings, if desired according to preference. Add parsley Simmer for a minute or two. Remove from heat, toss out bay leaf and serve warm.
http://www.africanbites.com/jamaican-run-2/

I was actually thinking about leaving the fish out of the meal and making it. I will start looking for some sistren in my area, as that would be great because all of I "old" associates are still living in Babylonia and I have made many changes in my life and I cannot continue I relationship because of it. Jah Bless!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/7/2016 11:48:06 PM

Blessed Love and Inity Empress
It's great to hear that the I Kingman is willing to work with the I... it's definitely a journey and the fact he is even willing to take the first step shows promise =) What ages are the I little ones? If they are small enough they might not remember anything else, once the I make the switch. If they are bigger, then this is a great opportunity to teach them, first about nutrition, and second about the fact that even adults sometimes make mistakes (choosing the less healthy foods) and can learn to correct their mistakes.
Sad to hear that the I can no longer associate with old friends... I overstand the need to have a pure Livity and to distance from folly, but still maybe the friends can learn something new from the I?
Best wishes on the recipe, let I&I know how it comes out!

Messenger: empress_kiyah Sent: 6/8/2016 9:23:18 AM

Blessings JAH Child! I pickny(children) are 2 and 6. I 6 year old is actually in love with fruits and veggies and when we used to go out to places like Applebee's he would order the kid's salad over a burger. The change for him seems like it would not be too drastic. I 2 year old is a burger and fry loving child. As you stated since he is young hopefully he will not notice the change. I old friends are abusing different drugs and becoming drunkards and very sexual (a new "sex" partner every 2 months) I feel like Jah is telling me that is not what I need in I life now. I and I now looking for new friends. I and I starting to realize long-distance friends maybe be a better avenue for I. Thanks again!!
Jah Bless!

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 6/16/2016 6:52:35 PM

It is very good the I follows the inner voice which is the guidance of JAH. Give thanks the Kingman is at the I's side and open to the changes. Never pressure no one to do a change. It will develop in them. Let JAH light shine.

More love

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I