Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6514&start_row=1

Talk to me Rastaman

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/16/2016 6:21:03 PM

salutations and greetings.
im Mars, ive recently joined this site to ask questions and learn more about rastafari.
as a "traveler-kid" ive met many rastas who have exemplified a lifestyle and beliefs that resonate with me deeply, but upon reading more about rastafari there are things that made me feel as though i cant legitimately claim rastafari.

the reasons i dont claim rastafari
is for one, i follow more the train of thought that every one is God or INI and that we can just get hip to it(enlightened) so i dont see any reason to acknowledge any human as more God than anyone else(like HIM)

and despite the two escaped slaves in my family 150 years back i have never I-dentified as a black man. mostly chawktaw and portuguese.

i also dont care much fpr the bible

these are the only reasons i have chosen not to claim Rastafari.

that said i have enormous respect for Rastaman's movement.
i despise oppression, i cherish my dreaslocks as a crown i wear a turban to keep them safe.
InI is God the Great Spirit in us all and we are all temples that should be nurtured by a natural healthy way of life.

i hope to learn more by engaging with people about these things.

peace brothers

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/17/2016 2:21:08 PM

Man of Right is God in flesh.

God is Love let us all Love.

Holy Emmanuel I, Selassie I, JAH Ras Tafari

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/19/2016 11:34:11 AM

Greetins Bro Mars, welcome to the reasoning and thankhs for sharing your views. I can agree with some of what you say, and like Idren Black Christ shares it is true that Man and Womban of Right are God and Goddess in Flesh... however, Selahsay I is the Most High because, in your terms, he is most "hip to it", that is to say that Qedamawi Iylah Selahsay is the exemplary vIsion of what I&I sIght as a man in tune with JAH, living power of the Almighty. As Ras TafarI I&I look to attune Iselves to this sacred vibration... seen?
It is beautiful the way you talk about your TafarI locks, and I feel the same way, not just because of the time and commitment that theI represent but also because of the vibrations they bring to I&I medItation. Give thankhs for the crown everytime.
JAH guide and bless All
More Love

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/20/2016 12:49:36 PM

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the reply ive been viben in the InI for days.
I feel the dread magic so to speak.

But im curious about why HIM is considered so divine.
I dont understand and would like to

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/22/2016 10:31:29 PM

Read at This link :

https://rassamaselassie.wordpress.com/2014/11/24/spiritual-kinsmen/

It may give the I more insight into HIS Divinity

Blessings in the Eternal Oneness of Existence

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/23/2016 9:47:41 AM

Haile I Love.. give thankhs for sharing that link Idren Jesse, but I cannot open it (probably my network), maybe the I can share a copy+paste of the information shared there?
Idren Mars for you to Overstand the answer to your own question, first I think you have to define what is "divine"?
I could share Iwomban views but I don't think that will be good enough for you, each person has to sIght JAH for the Iself.
Ises Iyah

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/25/2016 6:10:12 PM

Divine as in better than you or me. Someone to be worshiped.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/25/2016 11:32:01 PM

So you and I are not divine!?
Well then how am I RasTafarI, if I am not divine, but Ras TafarI is divine?
Hmmmm
More Love Brother Mars

Messenger: Jahoshua Imanuel black christ I Sent: 5/28/2016 12:11:12 PM

You know the bible, collection of writings by prophets and scribes and priests and wise and enlightened men of old,

See chapter 63 of the book of Isaiah, King James Version Bible

compare with coloured photographs of Emperor Selassie I, on 2nd of November, 1930, coronation day.

Messenger: Jahoshua Imanuel black christ I Sent: 5/28/2016 12:13:53 PM

Jahovia most high, come in flesh of man, born of marriage between man and woman, as a natural man, like any other man.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I