Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6512&start_row=11

"One day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day"

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/16/2016 9:01:39 AM

So your saying the Bible reveals Haile Selassie reign to be a predetermined and finite number of years? And his death was at age 83?

Controversial among Rastafari !

Rastafari rules and reigns
Living Ixample

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/16/2016 12:42:09 PM

Its not controversial since its all symbolism and represent the duration of his reign on earth, as Aaron was also 83 when he and his brother Moses confronted Pharaoh. Aaron also died on Mount Hor (Heru) at age 123 and HIM is at age 123 hmmm.... Even mengistu claimed he didn't killed the king. Who knows what happen on that faithful day when HIM was last seen praying in St. Estifanos' Church in 1975. Some said he disappeared in a tiny room of that church or British royal family rescued him since they came to his aid before during the Italian invasion. Even the well renown yogi of India "yogiraj gurunath" stated in his "Wings to Freedom" Audio Book of meeting HIM in 1982.

Who knows maybe the Derg just let him go through the front door but with some regulations.... Remember the King did said he would be replaced by the oncoming generation and "A King is not indispensable, and, besides, my succession is already ensured. There is a Crown Prince and he will rule the country when We are no longer there. This is what We have decided and so it must be."

Like Elijah (Eliah=Haile) no one can prove HIM is decease for his body was never found (Moses sepulchre was never found) and like the Grand Mason Hiram Abiff, both were said to have buried 3 times. So the King's life definitely didn't end at age 83 but his Earthly reign did and that was recorded in prophecy.

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 5/16/2016 1:58:32 PM

One day is (with) The Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. This is just to show us that Jah has or dwell in infinite or unlimited time. Man has or live by time. Time to do this or time to do that, but Jah doesn't go or move on our 24 hr, 12 months, 30 or 31 days, years and etc.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/16/2016 3:41:22 PM

As I said before I'm not putting any restrictions on HIM in regards of "Age" but prophecies most be fulfill and they go by a timeline.

The Bible like Hieroglyphic is all about imagery and symbolism, and I'm just putting the pieces together like a puzzle using my Mind's eye so I can Inhale the words of the Almighty found upon the Ether (Inspiration)

Psa. 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore years and ten (70); and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years (80+), yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

Daniel 9:23-24 "At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. Seventy weeks (41 yrs) are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city (Ethiopia), to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy (HIM)."

The verse above can symbolize two events in HIM's life. One being his date of birth (July 23, 1892=Ancient New Year of Kemet/Kush) & His Majesty's coronation.

Lets see....

70 weeks is 490 or 492 days (70X7)

490 days is then converted into lunar months (Yah {Iah} is the Egyptian Moon God of Time)=490 months.

They are 12 months in a year

490/12=40.8 (rounded off to 41) or 492/12=41 years

Menelik 2nd was crowned Emperor on November 3rd, 1889 and HIM was coronated 41 years later on November 2nd, 1930

(November 1889 - November 1930)=41 years exact!

Now the 490 days (70 weeks) can also be seen as solar years and we are told not only in the book "Catch A Fire:The Life Of Bob Marley" but also by observing the Heavens that Lij Tafari was born in the same year and conjunction of Neptune & Pluto in 1892.

"The Neptune-Pluto conjunction occurs approximately once every 490 year or so. When they do, a new surge of cosmic energy is released to renew and transform the peoples of Earth. Old empires dissolve and New era begins"

Note: July 23 is the New Year of Ancient Kemet/Kush/Sumerian which occur at the same time of the annual flooding of the nile and Helical rising of Sirius.

The number 49 (50) Represent The Star Sirius, since Sirius B take 49.9 years to orbit the brighter star Sirius A. Even in Holy Quran, Chapter 53 entitled "The Star" (Al-Najm) and verse 49 reads, "it is He Who is the Lord of Sirius."

49 also symbolize a "Jubilee" and HIM palace was dubbed Jubilee Palace.

Bless

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/17/2016 10:04:38 AM

In an Ethiopian apocryphal book, named "The Wisdom of Sibyl", it is question of the 49 cycles of Ezra, each one counting 143 years, for a total of 7007 years. The Days of the Lord are 7 told the Sibyl, what gives, for one Day, a duration of 1001 years.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/17/2016 11:48:03 AM

In the Sumerian account the lifespan of the Anunnaki is "120 shars" which is 120 x 3,600 = 432,000 years and one year on Nibiru is equivalent to 3600 earth years (SAR)

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/17/2016 1:30:46 PM

Good reasonings!

On the subject of Time

No man rules forever on the throne of time - Ghana

THE UNIVERSAL CONCEPT OF TIME

Time, according to one definition, is the continuous passage of existence. A particular theory of time says ‘the rate at which time passes depends upon the speed of the observer’. What this implies is that time is subjective in nature and only humans reckon with time. Subjective time is the perception that time speeds up when you are having fun, but slows down when you are not. Einstein once said ‘the faster you travel (progress) the slower time flows.

What all these ideas above tell us is that, time is a universal concept which exists in the mind. It is an abstract concept. Our knowledge of time is derived from events, experiences and activities around us. Time as a metaphysical construct is derived from the human rational power of transcendence. Like distance, time separates events and objects, and so it is considered as one of the four dimensions of reality. In fact, modern science perceives space and time as one and the same thing.

COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF WESTERN AND AFRICAN CONCEPTION OF TIME

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/17/2016 2:24:25 PM

Haile Selassie I ever liveth

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I