Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6503&start_row=11

Questions about Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/20/2016 9:00:26 AM

Love Iveryone
Yes Goddess! As I&I learn the orIgins of Setan, Set, I&I realeyes that Set is not an external force chasing you, but an internal aspect that I&I have to master... And once mastered, Set becomes the guard of the boat of Ra, the carrier of divine Inciousness. In challenging Iself with the opportunity for unrighteousness, Set guards that I&I will remain righteous. If there is no unrighteousness then how can one create the force of will required to be righteous? So Setan or Hasatan or Set is to be mastered, not constantly evaded, in this RasTafarI trod.
Maybe true that some Rasta view tattoos as evil, again those views usually come from Elders in the movement. But I agree with I RastaGoddess, it is not necessary to cover them or remove them, and personally, the tattoos that I have in public places like feet, arms, I never make an effort to cover or deny as a valuable part of who I am. And to remove tattoos can cause even more risk of infections if physically carved out (I know people who have done this.. Ouch...) or whatever kind of internal damage that the lasers may be causing without the I knowledge if the I visit a very expensive laser center to remove them. So I wouldnt pressure anyone to do this. But I agree with the I Black Heart, now knowing what I know about the dyes n inks I would avoid putting any more.
"The things you do and do not do will affect your own inner power" Yes Empress, truly stated! But the I have to know for the Iself what to do and what not to do, it is not about following anyone else's list of rules.. Know Thyself and Know JAH.
Haile I

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 5/22/2016 8:06:30 AM

About the tattoos, apart from it having its origins in Africa and it being a long lasting tradition as some have already mentioned, many prominent rastafarian reggae singers have tattoos, Ky-Mani, Alborosie etc. It is the spirit within that guides I&I not the flesh or the tattoos on the flesh. Concerning the meat, it is up to you, but in general Rastafari pay great attention to ital livity and and healthy food, so keep that in mind and adjust accordingly. Blessed love, Selassie I!

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I