Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6479&start_row=11

Perspective

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/8/2016 5:48:52 PM

Four Women
By Nina Simone

My skin is black
My arms are long
My hair is woolly
My back is strong
Strong enough to take the pain
Inflicted again and again
What do they call me
My name is AUNT SARAH
My name is Aunt Sarah

My skin is yellow
My hair is long
Between two worlds
I do belong
My father was rich and white
He forced my mother late one night
What do they call me
My name is SAFFRONIA
My name is Saffronia

My skin is tan
My hair is fine
My hips invite you
My mouth like wine
Whose little girl am I?
Anyone who has money to buy
What do they call me
My name is SWEET THING
My name is Sweet Thing

My skin is brown
My manner is tough
I'll kill the first mother I see
My life has been too rough
I'm awfully bitter these days
Because my parents were slaves
What do they call me
My name is PEACHES

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 4/8/2016 8:00:28 PM

I remember reading of European expudition in West Africa and according to those writings the Africans themselves describe eachother pretty much the same ways InI in the West do. They used blue, black, redb yellow and white pretty much in the same context as we now do just in InI African languages.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2016 8:48:39 PM

Why is dark black called blue?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/8/2016 9:40:04 PM

Coz sometimes black is so black, it has blue tones. I've seen jet black Japanese hair that actually have blue-ish tones when it reflects the light.

It is said that this may be one reason why KRISHNA (which means black) was depicted as blue.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2016 10:42:18 AM

I have never noticed blue tones before.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/9/2016 11:22:06 AM

You cant have "pure" black without some kind of color illuminating through it's light reflection.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/10/2016 12:43:01 AM

Krishna of India was “blue-black,” in fact his means black, or the Black One! (See dictionary). He is always portrayed with blue or blue-black skin.

Krishna is also called “Ś;;yā;;ma,” the blackish one, or the beautiful dark boy with a blackish color.

Chapter 6, verses 1-2 reads: “The Lord was dressed in yellow garments and had a blackish complexion.”

The Brahma Samhita is a Sanskrit Pancaratra text composed of verses of prayer spoken by Brahma glorifying the supreme Lord Krishna or Govinda at the beginning of creation.

The lyrics, chapter 5 verse 38 reads: “I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who plays on His transcendental flute. His eyes are like lotus flowers, He is decorated with peacock plumes, and His bodily color resembles the color of a fresh black cloud, although His bodily features are more beautiful than millions of Cupids.”

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I