Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6465&start_row=1

Only internet access

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/24/2016 11:27:50 PM

In Shashemane, there has been a lot of network trouble ever since the fighting a few strongs ago. The signal was weak already, but it seems now that the government has intentionally shut down the internet access to keep people from communicating and organizing crime. The apps that I use to talk to people overseas, like Whatsapp and IMO, are not working. People say facebook is also not working. Email, soundcloud, blog websites; none of the websites I try to pull up will work.
Except this one.

Is it JAH bless+sing, just allowing I to have this one way to communicate and research what I Idren share? Or is there a technological reason why this website is the only one working?
Ark I maybe the I can answer this question.

Whatever the reason, I am very happy, and the I should be glad too, that even in the areas of Africa with very little internet connection, Idren + Istren can still visit JAH-RasTafarI website. Give thANKHs!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2016 12:41:20 AM

It might be that the other websites the I has tried are using too much internet bandwidth because of ads, videos and other large items. So your limited internet connection causes them to load too slowly and timeout.

This website doesn't have any of that unless somebody posts it, so most of the pages downloaded are small, so the download is quick.

They may also be specifically blocking the well known social and communication websites/servers like Facebook and whats app.

How does the I get internet, phone wire, cable, cellular or something else?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/25/2016 10:15:56 AM

Ises I

I was guessing that the simplicity of the pages had something to do with it. Give thankhs for that, and I hope it Itinues to be easy for I&I on very very low bandwidth to still access the site.

I think it is also true that certain sites and servers are being blocked intentionally, seemingly the majority of social sites. As I said the political shituation was the catalyst for the more recent network problems; people in town and at the ethio telecom company say so openly, that the government shut down the internet due to the fighting.

I have been trying every method I can to get better internet access... The cellular network was working slightly, I was able to access a few basic sites, and those communication apps were working when I initially came here. But still, pictures/videos didnt load and music would not play. At the wifi houses it was the same, some sites would load but not the more media heavy ones. This is both on the phone and computer using wifi. Then after the fighting, all apps stopped working, and this website is the only one that works on the cellular network. I tried one USB for the network but it is from the same ethio telecom company, so I am guessing it works on the cellular network also? It doesnt work except to pull up gmail (sometimes) and this website. Next I tried a home telephone that plugs into the computer, but the phone itself is wireless also and uses the same mobile SIM card, so once again I think this is cellular. It doesnt work at all, though (only to make telephone calls). I wanted to have a wire initially, like ethernet. But I am told it will cost too much to send the wire this far, because the house I am renting is way out of town. If anyone has a suggestion, please share!

Give thankhs I&I in Shashemane still, even with the network issues... JAH Bless + And Fqr

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/25/2016 10:19:59 AM

Whilst there may be a very pragmatic and technical reason for this, InI find it more then interesting that this here Rasta circle is the ONLY one di I can access from InI Holy Land.

There's a Natural Mystic in the air...

RASTAFARI!!!!

Anything di I may need from InI, let us know!

ONENESS

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/25/2016 11:22:53 PM

Yes Sister! I feel the same way. Give thankhs again + again
+ More Love

Messenger: geraldehawkins Sent: 9/26/2022 3:25:08 AM

Microsoft announces the destruction of almost 90% of Citadel malware bots worldwide
Back in June, we reported on Microsoft and the FBI working together to take down the financial malware Citadel. Over a month later, it looks like the partnership has more than paid off. Microsoft has reported that around 88 percent of botnets that were running the Citadel malware when the partnership was announced have now been disrupted, thanks to the company’s collaboration with the FBI and other technological and financial service partners. It’s also estimated that about 40 percent of Citadel-infected computers that were a part of these botnets have been cleaned of the infection, although Microsoft haven’t been very forthcoming with details of how exactly this was achieved.

Richard Domingues Boscovich, assistant general counsel for Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit, posted a blog post towards the end of June claiming that Microsoft had identified around 1.3 million unique IP addresses that were connected to a ‘sinkhole’ system that the company had implemented, in order to replace the ‘command’ servers used by Citadel hackers.

After analysing IP addresses and user information sent by these computers when they connected to the sinkhole servers, Microsoft estimated that around 1.9 million computers were a part of the targeted botnets. The number may have even been higher given that multiple computers can connect via a single IP address. The company then began working with researchers and anti-malware organisations such as the Shadowserver Foundation in order to let victims know about the malware and work to remove it.

Although the partnership may sound positive so far, some security researchers have raised concerns about the way in which the companies chose to take down the botnets. A security researcher from the abuse.ch botnet tracking service has already criticised Microsoft for sending configuration files to computers that were infected with the malware, pointing out this amounts to modifying settings without the owner’s consent and is a potential violation of local law.

Although the FBI and Microsoft are coming down pretty heavily on the Citadel malware, there's still a lot of dangerous technology out there. A VPN service is an easy way to amplify your computer's defenses: the VPN adds an extra layer of protection to your computer to keep your connection more secure and your personal data private.

As reported in The Daily Telegraph, the UK Home Office has refused to divulge whether they make use of Lenovo products for the UK's secret networks. In a press statement, GCHQ said: “As a matter of policy we don’t routinely discuss the names or nature of suppliers to GCHQ on any aspect of our business”.

If you have concerns about computer security, you can help make your data more secure by using a VPN google extension veepn service. The VPN works as an additional layer of protection that stands between the data stored on your device and any external users attempting to access it.

Get more:
German Torrent & P2P Server In Beta. Your Help Is Needed!
New German Server (DE2) Now Available

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I