Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6449&start_row=11

Cockroaches in the home

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 3/15/2016 1:19:27 PM

EMS did d I get to visit Congo Square while deh in N.O where they hold sunday drum circle?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/15/2016 4:13:17 PM

It's true, I lived in Florida as well...where those roaches look like they're on steroids!!! And they fly!!

But even they don't compare to the bugs I seen in south America...lawd!!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 3/15/2016 6:09:50 PM

Lol yes they do fly I done even hear people they bite but idk bout that one tho.

I could just picture South American bugs. In the south we get a break during winter from most of them but in summer its on.

Keep living quarters as clean a possible and aired out.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/15/2016 11:39:20 PM

Blessed Love All
Matafale, the list of words I included, I was counting numbers from one to ten. And, 1. Hulet, 2. Sost, 3. Arat, 4. Amst, 5. Sdst, 6. Sebat, 7. Smnt, 8. Zetayn, 9. Asr, 10.
Yes Iyah, keep the area clean, I think it means different things for a bug compared to a human. I think the oils will help tho... Give thankhs at least these roaches dont fly hahaha
I have not been in south america, the furthest south was Honduras, but yes I agree, still more bugs there. Scorpions in the bathroom, spiders the size of my palm, butterflies that u dont need a magnifying glass to see up close! Ethiopia is easy compared to that.
In my childhood in FL the thing I remember most are anthills and lovebugs (the ones that fly around in summer in mating pairs attached to each other). And fireflies.
Bugs are amazing, I just want them outside of the place I keep my food! Haha
Selam ina fqr
Qedamawi Iylah Selahsay

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 3/16/2016 12:26:58 AM

Yes sistren dem love bugs can be a real pest too tho. Summer time windshield is always a mess. Squitoe hawks too.

Some time when it rains red ant will find their way inside but here after Katrina all sorts of new creature and bugs popped up.

Give thanks not to have dem biggo spiders tho i think i would be out a ya lol

Blessings

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/17/2016 8:30:49 AM

Congo square? is it near d river ? no unfortunately I did not know of it. Too bad I and I had not linked then Bredda. D I could have shown I wssup.
Next visit maybe? I bring a djimbe w I.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/17/2016 8:35:18 AM

JAH Child,
Thankhs so much for d Itinual Iducation. I value this greatly.
I not sure why I did not Overs earlier. ClearIfied perfectly now.
Chanting Strength and Love for JAH Child.
What about Teniestalin? A true it mean greetins? I spell correctly?

JAH BLESS!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/18/2016 12:12:03 PM

Blessed Oneness
Idren Matafale, I am happy to help introduce more of the Amharic vocabulary. Please remember that Amarigna uses a different character system, not the abc's, so any "spelling" in english letters is just a sounding out of how the Word is spelled. As far as the greeting, Tayna yistilin is a better pronounciation. In RastafarI circles in Cali I usually heard it "tenay yistilin" but I think they have accidentally switched the vowel sounds. The word "tayna" or "teyna" means health, wellbeing. The word "yistilin" means give to you (it is implied that Igziabher "god" is the one giving it). So saying tayna yistilin is like saying May God give you health. Another common phrase is "Igziabher yistilin" meaning God give to you (blessings). (The I in Igziabher is a short ih or uh sound, not I as in pie or sky.)
From what the Elder told I, in Haile Selassie I time, people would say "Igziabher yistilin" to a person who has given something to them. Like you gave to me, may God give to you. Then the person would reply, "Igziabher yimasgan", to God be given thanks. And you chant "Ameyn". Because the person gave to you, together both people thank Igziabher. In Mengistu time, a communist and anti-religious regime, the phrase "Amasaganalehu" became more popular, meaning, I thank you, or I give you thanks. Instead of wishing God give blessings to the person, you now only give them your word of thanks. The acknowledgement of The Most High giving all things to all people has been removed. If you want to bring forward that sentiment, you can say both, "Amasaganalehu, Igziabher yistilin." I thank you, May The Most High give to you.
The phrase tayna yistilin is not so common either, it seems. People usually greet each other by asking "dehna neh (to a male)" or "dehna nesh (to a female)", meaning are you fine? Your reply is to ask them the same question, affirming basically yes its fine with me, what about you?
This answer has gotten far off the subject of cockroaches. If I can be of more help in answering questions about Amarigna, lets start a different thread. Happy to help tho. More Iducation.
Fqr chmr (More Love).

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/18/2016 5:44:41 PM

Beautiful!!! Give thanks sistren!!

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I