Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6405&start_row=1

How would you answer?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/6/2016 12:07:50 PM

Someone comes up to you and asks why do you believe in Selassie I as God and why are you Rasta? Why do you think this is the true way?

- In short, how would you answer? I'm just interested in everyone's perspective.

Give thanks.

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/6/2016 12:46:15 PM

Greetings...GREAT question...I was in-troduced to the livity of RASTAFARI when I was 15yrs...I lived the lifestyle for 2yrs...I FELT BALANCED.. then I went BACK because of personal ignorance of FACT...at that time it was just a lifestyle for I..for many.. many moons I've lived a splintered life... never FEEL-IN COMPLETE or BLIST-FULL...praising JESUS...I KNEW something was MISS-IN...my SPIRITUAL EYE began to OPEN...this AWARENESS came to I...Ok..U can only get to the FATHER through the SON...I realized I was STUCK with the SON...I NEEDED to get to the FATHER...I CONSCIOUSLY remembered my BALANCED FEEL-IN from when I was 15yrs...I became a Rastafarian praising SELASSIE I...my whole life made a 400 turn for the BEST...SELASSIE I...GUIDED I TO"JAH/GOD" the SPIRIT with-in ONESELF...I was LOST no more...now I live from INSIDE/SPIRIT out...not outside IN...now I make CONSCIOUSLY and RESPONSIBLE decisions/choices in every areas of my BLESSED LIFE...the journey continues...I GIVE THANKS TO JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE EYE!!!

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/6/2016 4:09:00 PM

My answer would depend on whom is asking and why. It would be delivered accordingly.

Rasta is the Path of Enlightenment.

What is rarely understood is that RASTA is ONE/ALL. Multi dimensional. It is spiritual, cosmological, esoteric, scientific, metaphysical, cultural and historical.

RA-star is the ORI(gene) of KUSH/HIM/INI.

Known from the time the Foundations of Creation were laid, as the King of Kings and "Lord of Rasta" from Ausar to HIM.

In that simple/complex answer, is the ANKH (key) to the Creator/Self/All.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/6/2016 4:15:29 PM

"Ok..U can only get to the FATHER through the SON...I realized I was STUCK with the SON...I NEEDED to get to the FATHER...I CONSCIOUSLY remembered my BALANCED FEEL-IN"

Let us remember that ALL aspects of Creation/Self are attributes of the Divine Balance of Male/Female principles.

"ALPHA AND OMEGA"

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/6/2016 4:50:58 PM

GODDESS...That was "I" journey/experience to ONENESS...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/6/2016 4:53:06 PM

GODDESS...That was "I" journey/experience to ONENESS/SPIRIT...through RASTAFARI SELASSIE I...POWER OF THE ONLY TRINITY...that's why I BELIEVE IN HIM...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2016 5:42:52 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2016 5:44:02 PM

Depending on what frame of mind I'm in I may answer by saying I don't believe in Haile Selassie as he is a real person unlike the unknown characters of mostj of judeohristiondom, InI don't need belief when referencing HIM. I would deny seeing him as God as I refuse to deal with the IndoEuropean and his 'God' creation.! The true way is only the true way for the individual making it not 'the' only true way, Haile Selassie himself said there is not but one path. After disagreeing with every loaded assumption within the question being asked, I would hope it be reasked.... Why are you Ras? Would be better and done!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/6/2016 10:20:08 PM

Similar to what GA said!

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I