Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6387&start_row=1

Microcephaly/Zika Virus

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/25/2016 11:13:51 PM

Does d I dem know about this thing said to spreading rapidly in the Americas?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/26/2016 5:58:36 AM

Apparently it is spread by mosquitos and has been linked to birth defects in Brazil. An article I read said the virus originated in Africa and has since spread to other areas.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2016 9:53:34 PM

I heard about it but didn't know much about it before. It is terrible, hopefully people's venture into genetic engineering will result in a way to stop viruses like this.

I worry about possible bad consequences of genetic engineering, but there are also some good consequences that can come with it if done responsibly.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/29/2016 12:50:29 AM

Mosquito season will soon approaching I and none of I ppl in I area know abour dis ting. Its said in Brazil microcephaly (small head syndrome) if yoy wan call it jump from less than 200 in padt 5 yrs to over 3500 last year!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/29/2016 9:49:43 AM

Does the I live in a place that is at risk for this virus?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/29/2016 10:41:58 AM

Yes I, for much of the year mosquitoes are really bad during the night. Its very humid so there's much moisture for breeding grounds for them. Then there's a lot of people from those areas moving back and forth. So yeh I think there is a risk of it possibly spreading here.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/30/2016 12:52:58 AM

I was reading that the type of mosquito that spreads the virus also exists in southern US states. I also read that the mosquitos can get the virus from people and then spread it to other people.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/30/2016 9:11:52 AM

Yes I in the deep deep Southern USA. We have some cool/cold nights right now some days its still up in the 70s but mosquitoes not really out right now. in about two months maybe theyll be back yet no one seems to know about like the news stations not covering it yet. People spend a lot time outside here well replent will have to be the answer since they no vaccines as of yet which may take some years.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/30/2016 10:00:20 AM

I heard they blood tested people for the virus in South Carolina but no confirmed cases yet.

What are the best methods of repelling mosquitos?

I use bug spray and try to cover my exposed skin. I think smoke keeps them away too.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/30/2016 12:32:29 PM

I was reading where a woman in Virginia or NC was tested positve for the virus affter returning from Brazil. They said it wasnt a worry for others since its not mosquito saeson in that area.

Yeh smoke works if you're in the smoke. Weve always made fires to keep them away but when youre opposite the smoke they'll still get you.

A good repelent will work a while if you dont mind the chemicals and smell but ill take those over that virus, especially for pregnant wombman.
Covering up is a good idea but they'll still get you thru thin clothing. When its almost 90degrees with 90-100% humity at night and no breeze one doesnt wanna be in anything to heavy lol, very uncomfortable.

I think certain soaps I used use to help for tho I remember everyone asking me at times why werent the mosquitoes bothering I but I really didnt no, and only noticed after they would ask me.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I