Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6384&start_row=21

HIM: Father of Pan Afrikanism

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 8:25:46 PM

Sista. Its not brainwash. Dats de problem with yu, just becos we have a different perspective than yo Idoltry perspective yu think we brainwashed. Even bfore de arrivial of de whites we never believe HIM is above orthers like yu think. So In actual fact yu are de one dat is white.washed into believing there is a father of Pan Africa. Why bcos yu confuse Pan Africa with yo religion which was born from de very white religion of Jesus ideology. Come out of fantasy & face reality sista. Don't rate dem

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 8:48:08 PM

What is it dat makes yu think dat if people don't know about HIM or Kemet are brainwashed? Do yu know about Kemet spirituality besides theory? Many people do not even know de word Kemet, but yu may be supprised to find dat Kemet spirituality is within de spirituality dat dem are practising. De other day I told yu dat I do see some of de kemet images in vision. If I were to ask spiritual mediums here they would explain it to I everything about what I see despite de fact dat they know no Kemet

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/26/2016 12:55:42 AM

Breddah, di I misoverstood me. When I spoke of "brainwashing" I was strictly referring to Africans on the continent also being victims of the colonizers thinking, religion, livity, etc... I have personally seen this both in Africa, and with continental Africans living abroad.

I am NOT saying that if ones don't sight HIM as "God" that they are brainwashed. Not at all.

Breddah, I do not hold idolatrous perspectives. Quite the contrary. I think I wordsound here has been quite clear on that point. I chant down the "Superman Savior Syndrome" as taught by religion, of which many in RasTafari deal with.

I do not deal with foreign (non Afrikan) religions and certainly do not confuse this with Pan Afrikanism or the fact that HIM was appointed head of. This does not, in ANY way minimize our many other warriors and mighty revolutionary heroes that InI praise and celebrate.

Recognizing HIM as the founder of the OAU is not a fantasy brothah. One need not be Rasta to sight this fact. It had nothing to do with idolatry, religion or any other ism and skisms.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/28/2016 2:03:58 PM

Sista. De I haffe check de history of de OAU. Get de facts without bein bias. It is true dat de name of HIM is recgnised when it comes to OAU. But its not recognised as bein higher than dat of Nkruma like forcing it to look dat way, dats why I tell yu to stop rating our warriors in de name of Pan Africa becos dat sound like an insult to to de ears of some of us who are Pan Africanist at home. As far as Pan Africa is concerned we do not put no name above others but Black liberation is de forcus.

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 1/28/2016 3:05:24 PM

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/28/2016 3:13:40 PM

Nevertheless I give raspect to de I & view. I do overs why. Beside dat its a RASTA website so almost everybody want to show dat dem worship HIM or see HIM divity to be seen as RASTA. Now dis has led many to get stuck in HIM name dat dem end up dissing de very foundation of de RASTA movent. When yu repatriate from abroad to home what are yu gona tell de people if given chance to speak in de name of Pan Africa? Are yu gona tell dem HIM is above all names? Do u think they would agree to yo claim?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 5:01:11 PM

Give thanks Black Heart. InI have been to Africa, and overstand exactly what di I is referring to. The reaction to HIM as "God" or divine is similar both in Africa and abroad. You will always have ones and ones that sight HIM differently.

Having said that, InI COMPLETELY agree with di I: Black Liberation IS THE KEY!

These words spoken by HIM 1963. What Pan Afrikan, rasta or not, at home or abroad, can deny the wisdom of these words?

"Our liberty is meaningless unless all Africans are free...
...It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe of the nineteenth century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal"

ALL PRAISES EQUALLY DUE UNTO ALL OUR MIGHTY WARRIORS AND REVOLUTIONARIES!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/28/2016 9:18:49 PM

Yes I Sista. One Black Love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/29/2016 5:28:37 AM

The message is equality and not one over another. Still don't think calling him the father is putting above or below more than in relation to status and chronology. In which, GARVEY would have to be the granddaddy!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/29/2016 10:30:09 AM

PanAfricanism would have no father or mother really. It was goin on since the time of enslavement when ones from different African ethnic groups came together to fight oppression. The father/mother of Pan-Africanism wouldve been THE MIND of the divided and disenfranchised African. Benito Sylvain sought out "Emperor Menelik II" to be head of the "negroes" at the Pan-African conference in "1900" and there were one before him. The first true Pan-Africanist may have been in Haiti when they liberated the Island AND OPEN ITS DOORS TO "ALL AFRICAN MEN AND WOMEN that whom ever reached its borders was a CITIZEN AND FREE HUMAN BEING.

Still the mind and the recognized need for such organizations created itself. I wouldnt anybody fathered the Idea because befor I ever knew of any of these HERUs I personally had the same ideas from the recognized need of such. Now who ones wan sight up as such-n-such well dat will differ from EYE to EYE. Who is recognized well that may have to do with location and organization.

I think a better focus would be on not who fathered dis n dat but whats working and how would we define working. Do we wanna be educated professionals in European countries? If were not careful then the Chinese go be the next colonizers and things a just start over. A while ago some Chinese resturaunt owners in Nigeria locked their Nigerian workers in a cage in the kitchen so they couldnt take breaks from work.

Africa cant fall victim again

Trod on Nattys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I