Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6383&start_row=81

The Oscars and PTAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/28/2016 9:16:54 AM

This is a minor observation but Sweden actually did participate in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Sweden owned the Carribean island of Saint Barthelemy which was a major slave port.

I am Iself a White man (Irish descent) and in general I agree with the points Ark I raises about the derogatory statements towards whites.

I do acknowledge Black Ipremacy and also don't deny that white priviledge certainly exists.

The babylon system was built up by the slave trade. For example, the cotton trade (powered by slave labour concentration camps aka plantations) from the southern USA was used to power the early industrialization of England and New England. Cotton was the oil of its day and the spinning jennys represented the first beggining of the massive industrial economies of the 20th century and modern era.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2016 9:20:34 AM

I adjusted the list to reflect Sweden.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/28/2016 10:52:43 AM

Agree with everyone on some points made.

One thing about white privilege it even happens in predominantly black countries.

Why do blacks run to white countries, if we continue to do this will we ever have black privilege.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 10:55:42 AM

I do not suffer from a utopian view of the world. Of course we will find discrimination, ethnic and religious conflicts on every continent.

And?

Does this magically or conveniently absolve Europe from the GLOBAL impact of their sins for the last hundreds of years?

NO.

If we were to do a global survey of every nation outside of Europe, most would agree that only one nation is guilty of the greatest crimes against humanity and nature. Even white people acknowledge this undeniable and unjustifiable fact. Are they also guilty of being "derogatory"
I could find numerous examples of white people who admit this uncomfortable truth.

“It is in the sphere of ‘abnormal’ violence that we Caucasoids excel among races. …. Intellectual violence is statistically rare among other races. Intellectual violence is typical of Caucasoids. Our wars of religion, our Inquisition, our philosophical conflicts have no parallel among yellow, red, brown or black men. It is this kind of violence that makes our history appear senseless to other men, and senseless and baffling even to ourselves.” [p. 14]

“…I will attempt to show that racism itself is a predisposition of but one race of Mankind — the white race. …. Nuclear war, environmental pollution, resource rape…all are primary threats to our survival and all are the result of peculiarly Caucasoid behavior, Caucasoid values, Caucasoid psychology. There is no way to avoid the truth. The problem with the world is white men.” [p. 3]

Continue to be as an ostrich with his head in the sand, or wear your rose colored glasses if that comforts you, but it will not change our reality and experience.

Defend Europe and Babylon all you want...uhhh...rasta.

The offence, contradiction, oxymoron and irony of it is not missed by InI.

We Afrikans will continue to fight, we find it necessary, for we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2016 11:35:00 AM

Ark I

Every race in the world could be called caveman as there are ancient cave dwellings everywhere, first starting in africa. It is no derogatory term much less racist, that's impossible. It's only offensive to some by means of lack of knowledge and ignorance about what constitutes racism a caveman and their general sense of history. Now whether one race has proven to behave more like one is another question!

Ark I de I name 100 European countries it could have been only ONE involved the problem is you are applying Nationhood and Nationality to issues of RACE. Whether one or 3 European countries involved or not the crimes described as barbarism were still started and benefitted by the European race.

You are playing the numbers game but If the world is destroyed by ONE white man I would say the European ended the world. Not every Jew was affected by the holocaust yet it's a Jewish holocaust, not every African enslaved yet it is the African slave trade. Put it this way, your saying only a minor proportion of European 'nations' were involved....... Whatever and however small that percentage of Europeans is, it's still more than any other races involcement in the thing. So how does the statement or thinking change

To the African, from InI experience, whether the cause of one or two men or millions of them or ALL of them, InI would have to describe the most barbaric RACE to be the European without a apology. This isn't racist or reactionary or without logic and reason behind it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2016 11:53:20 AM

A black man when referring to his-history cannot really be called racist for referring to the European as barbaric. If as a European you feel that cap doesn't fit you then cool. But don't tell I I wrong for saying it when there is a big elephant in the room. To say all European people are barbaric murderous evilous people is one thing...... But to my observation that hasn't been said (on here). The only time I've seen references to words like barbaric or 'the barbaric European' might be when InI are in specific relation to our historical experience; which most definitely includes interaction with barbarous Europeans!

Caveman? That's just foolishness

De I clutching at straws with these so called derogatory comments that are really irrelevant to this discussion as Ras Goddess never mentioned any of those terms to begin with. De I problem was with the Johnny come lately which has since been reasoned.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2016 12:19:15 PM

----------
Defend Europe and Babylon all you want...uhhh...rasta.
----------

I am not defending anybody's wickedness.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 12:42:35 PM

You may not define it is "defending" but InI sight it as justifying, excusing, coping a plea for, maintaining, making allowances for, pardoning and rationalizing...

...the barbarism of the European RACE

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 1:36:00 PM

Ras Garveys, give thanks for di I's CLEAR reasonings, which, prayerfully are being deeply Iditated upon. Each and every word merits to be highlighted and repeated, but I'll address these in particular:

"It's only offensive to some by means of lack of knowledge and ignorance about what constitutes racism a caveman and their general sense of history. Now whether one race has proven to behave more like one is another question!"

LOL! SEEN!

"Ark I de I name 100 European countries it could have been only ONE involved the problem is you are applying Nationhood and Nationality to issues of RACE. Whether one or 3 European countries involved or not the crimes described as barbarism were still started and benefitted by the European race."

YES IYAH. A CRUCIAL point @ nationally versus race. Truth spoken.

"To the African, from InI experience, whether the cause of one or two men or millions of them or ALL of them, InI would have to describe the most barbaric RACE to be the European without a apology. This isn't racist or reactionary or without logic and reason behind it....You are playing the numbers game but If the world is destroyed by ONE white man I would say the European ended the world."

RASTAFARI! Those who have ears , let them hear!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 5:11:37 PM

HOW DID HIM FEEL ABOUT NON AFRICAN PARTICIPATION IN AFRIKAN AFFAIRS?

"The nations of Africa, as is true of every continent of the world, from time to time dispute among themselves. These quarrels must be confined to this continent and quarantined from the CONTAMINATION OF NON-AFRICAN INTERFERENCE"

IS HIM NON VIOLENT? WHAT ABOUT INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD?

"Steps must be taken to establish an African defense system - We cannot rely SOLELY on international morality"

HOW DOES HIM FEEL ABOUT EUROPEAN COLONIALISM?

"We must redouble our efforts to banish this EVIL from our land"

Please note whom stands beside HIM in WAR (Afrikans) and whom the weapons are pointed to (Europe)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I