Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=51

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/27/2016 5:49:04 AM

Not exactaly!
Look at the name in which to movement goes by, RAS TAFARI. This shows early on following of HIM BEFORE he supposedly fulfilled prophecies of King of Kings else the coulda rallied under SELASSIEITES ss a title.
The rallying was to "LOOK TO THE EAST" not look to the bible, that came after

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 5:49:24 AM

Rasta was born out of InI seeing a black man as a King who All Elizabeth bow to. The first Incients couldnt read or write yet they took chapters from the bible? It wasnt ablut the bible nor was it about his teachings. The first Rasta settlement was about black empowerment not religious belief from day 1 there has been disagreement and contention in that aspec. Rasta philosophy was not born out of a man reading the Bible and saying Yes its HIM

I have no problem with anyonr saying HIM is divine or God. I have issue with you saying he is the same ONE God of the Bible. Haile Selassie never refered to himself within the Bible, nor would he have ordered the flood or the hit on canaan or the curse of ham etc, i cant agree with you telling me this was HIM

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 5:58:21 AM

Voodoorutz, first of all did you see my apology to you? Secondly, the statement ''look to the East'' must stop being seen as prophecy, you do know that Garvey wrote this only in one of his plays? and it was literally one sentence. Read about Professor Berry Chevannes form the University of West Indies who researched all of this. So we first must get rid of that misconception. This is no way minimizes the importance of Marcus Garvey and his works, but just that one statement.

GA, Ras Flako and others would disagree.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 6:01:20 AM

In this video you can find what i am talking about, from different perspectives.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 6:02:21 AM

Why are we discrediting Garvey? He stil said it and it was still the fuel to propagate the early Rastafari. InI took it as prophecy and it was fullfilled regardless of how much significance Garvey put on it at the time it was said. Or is prophecy only valid if it is repeated and shouted from the rooftops lol

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 6:06:01 AM

I dont care what Ras Flako say you cant reference a ras against a ras then who has the truth? InI know InI history of where InI grow. Your talking about what we did after the thought of Rastafari i am talking about how it was BORN what sparked the first thought and it was not a Bible study class. You deny the fact most early ras as bushmen could not read? Lol i guess you never hear the story yet of when Haile Selassie image first appeared in a Jamaican newspaper? Things like that sparked rastafari and ONLY because we still had marcus prophecy ringing in our consciousness

Even on pinnacle. There was never a time of harmony of religious belief if religious at all

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 6:11:13 AM

After the thought some of InI THEN went to validate HIM. The Bible was our internet back then as what other literary resource was available? For those who needed literary validation lol

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 6:14:24 AM

But I wont disclude the value of the none reading or writing no book or bible owning COUNTRY Rasta who were as crucial to the foundation as a any first bible ras. No autobiography or teachings of HIM needed for these rasta to declare his divinity and be ready to die for their stance

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 6:21:01 AM

The instance of HIM appearing in the Jamaican Gleaner is also mentioned in the video i put up. And i intentionally emphasized that i am not discrediting Garvey. Also, i am not saying you are wrong, I think that we are both right. rastafari wasn't born from only the bible reading Ras or the bush, illiterate Ras, but both, and i accept that. For I, it is the truth. I am only now talking of one perspective of it. That is all. Blessed love

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/27/2016 6:22:02 AM

First off why apologize for supm you INTENTIONALLY did. You might apologize for taking it out of context but your reaction is what u chose and wanted to deliver. That square u must stand on.

Second
I didnt say it was a prophecy BUT if it Inifested then how is it not a prophecy. If Garvey revocalized the statement during a lecture/speech or which ever way he delivered how cant ones site it as a prophecy?
Garvey didnt use that statement as to be a prophet but as a directive for BLACKS to look to/within INI own self for upliftment and forwarding.

Third who are U to tell INI Black people how we must look at what us elders set forth for WE?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I