Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=21

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 7:57:47 AM

"I am a man i am a mortal and will be replaced by the next generations. Man should never make the mistake of assuming or pretending that human beings emanated from a diety"

He said he was not God. As a Christian its safe to say he thinks of God as immortal and not to be replaced by oncoming generations it is therefore safe to say he answered with his belief that he is not god. Lol rasta love to play around this

He was a Christian. And Christians dont think of themselves as the same God they are reading about in their bible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 8:06:59 AM

Ive heard many elder rasta claim that Haile Selassie when asked about his solomonic line, DID once answer by making reference to the point his lineage goes back much further. And to king ori. The fact we dont have record of this from western or white authors is irrelevant. I am aware of the fact that not everything His Majesty said and did was documented.

That being said, nobody can argue the Kings list accredited by HIM found within the 400 volumes of Emporer Tewodros Ethiopian Llibrary, Washington DC.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/26/2016 8:46:32 AM

"That being said, nobody can argue the Kings list accredited by HIM found within the 400 volumes of Emporer Tewodros Ethiopian Llibrary, Washington DC."

INDEED!

HIM coming from the most ancient and ORI-ginal ancient lineage which predates Solomon is no mystery! It isn't subject to misinterpretation as it is clearly recorded. It is not even up for philosophical debate.

To question this RECORDED lineage, this undeniable truth, yet cling to the comment He made "let us not disturb their beliefs" as irrefutable proof that he claims to be "God" is, in my opinion, what InI would refer to as BLIND faith.

There are many parents that choose to perpetuate the Santa Claus and Easter bunny myths to their children too. Why? Because they do not want to "disturb their beliefs" either. Does that magically mean Santa is real?

There is no confusion or room for doubt or misinterpretation or debate when it comes to the Divine Ancient Kushite Lineage of the King of Kings. Undeniable history.

Why is this even being debated????? Why try to fabricate his lineage in the middle of His ancestral timeline (Solomon), yet conveniently ignore Makeda's lineage, which not only equally flows through His blood, but most importantly, PREDATES that of Solomon? Why turn a blind eye to the MATRILINEAL Ethiopian lineage, history and traditions?

To focus and celebrate the Solomonic line while sweeping Makeda's under the carpet is reflective of a western judaic patriarchal mindset and tradition.

We are not denying Solomon, we are simply choosing not to deny Queen Makeda's either. We are choosing to highlight a more ancient Kushite lineage, as recorded in the Kebra Nagast.

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/26/2016 8:53:09 AM

"Christians dont think of themselves as the same God they are reading about in their bible"

Are you so sure?

Yeshua said (Joh 37ff): "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works:
that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."
That same Father God He reads about in the Synagogues. Right?!
Christians KNOW that it is the same God doing works in them, as well as they can see God next to them in their fellow man.

Only when it comes to Selassie I every bady gets insecure. Ha ha.

THIS QUESTION SEPERATES THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/26/2016 9:41:25 AM

Yeshua wasnt a Christian. Many/most christians believe Jesus to be the same as their god but they dont believe themselves to be Jesus. Jesus is supm different and better than they own self.

By that statement of Jesus just shows his understanding of the esoteric side of his beliefs, whuch most christians dont have

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 10:08:21 AM

Sister when a christian says they have God working in them is not the same as them saying they ARE capital G God. Seen? A christian doesnt read the bible "and I gave moses the commandments...... And I sent MY only son" etc. It doesnt go so. I have to reiterate my point that Haile Selassie, as a Christian, would NOT have seen himself as God or in the same light as Rasta do when InI first start calling him so

I not talking about 'the father that is in people' but the exact identifiication of the father himself. You cant read the bible as God in first person. It not designed so although if they DID that it would maybe have been closer to the esoteric original! Haha bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 10:16:05 AM

Sister Ifua..... Are you new to this forum? Or are you our 'Sister' with a updated name? Just curious I

Exactly bro voodooruutz!! First person - god bibles sound like a good idea though? With commerical value. Just saying

Only thing i can think of similar is the Royal Parchment Scrolls: "All praises onto Queen Omega and King Alpha" - he was talking about himself and his wife! Lol it seems Rasta unsuprisingly seen the esoteric inner-God (capital G) concept from day 1

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 10:29:23 AM

Much love for all the answers. i have to agree with Ark I in the fact that Selassie never said he was not God, there is a much deeper meaning in his words already reasoned here many times. If someone asks you if you are God, you say yes or no. He would have said No, I am not God. But he didn't. Secondly, thanks Rastagoddes, i will look into the deeper,second lineage you mentioned and research it. However, i can't simply accept that Selassie told someone he is from Ori. That has nothing to do with ''western,white'' recordings or whatever. It just simply asking for proof of something you claim. I can also say Selassie said to his close friends that he was God, but i have no proof. Would you believe me? Anyway, i give thanks for the knowledge shared here and information. Rastafari.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/26/2016 10:41:07 AM

"Christians KNOW that it is the same God doing works in them, as well as they can see God next to them in their fellow man."

LET US SEPARATE THE "WHEAT" (western religions) FROM THE SHAFT (KUSH)

The concept of The Creator and Man as ONE predates ALL religions. It is not limited to Christianity.

KRST ("Christ") consciousness is an Afrikan concept, which also predates ALL religions, including Christianity.

"I and my Father are One"

Again, this concept comes right out of Kush/Kemet, predating Judeo-Christianity by THOUSANDS of years.

Long before "Jesus", it was HERU who "exalted his father in every sacred place"

Quotes:

Heru: "I am the possessor of bread in Anu. I have bread in heaven with Ra."

Jesus: "I am the living bread that came down from heaven."

Heru: "I am Horus who stepeth onward through eternity...Eternity and everlastingness is my name."

Jesus: "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today and forever."

Egyptian/Kemetians: "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"

Bible: "You reap what you sow."

HERU the KRST = Jesus the Christ.

HERU the manifesting Son of God = Jesus the manifesting Son of God.

HERU the word-made-flesh = Jesus the word-made-flesh

HERU who came to fulfil the law = Jesus who comes to fulfil the law

Horus the raiser up of Asar = Jesus the raiser up of Lazarus

HERU one with the father = Jesus one with his father

HERU transfigured on the mount = Jesus transfigured on the mount

HERU as the Lamb = Jesus as the Lamb.

HERU as the Lion = Jesus as the Lion.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/26/2016 10:46:32 AM

Jah Seeker,

Whether HIM said "I AM HE FROM ORI" or listed it as the ORI-ginal King in his lineage, both in the Kebra Nagast or in personal letters in 1914, as presented earlier....

THE TRUTH IF IT STILL STANDS.

Just as we cant find where says exactly "no I'm not God", neither can we find where he responds with "yes I am God"

In fact, the video I posted, clearly expresses his views, IN HIS OWN VOICE. No room for misquote or misinterpretation there.

"Thanks Rastagoddes, i will look into the deeper,second lineage you mentioned and research it"

Good. Please do. It behooves ALL who claim Rasta to do so. However, according to Ethiopian MATRILINEAL tradition, Makeda's predates Solomon, therefore you would be researching HIS FIRST LINEAGE.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I