Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6296&start_row=1

Global Afrikan

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/24/2015 8:43:30 PM

Greetings,

I made this video some years ago. Hope di I's enjoy...

"My point is that if we reclaim Africa, all of those islands in the Caribbean, the islands of the Pacific populated by people of African descent, united with the millions in India, we will go into the 21st century with a billion people, a billion African people"
-- Dr. John Henrik Clarke

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/24/2015 11:27:31 PM

Africans in India and Pacific Islands.
I know there some Africans in India caled Siddis

My beef!
When wanting to attach to great things of other lands we use "the Dark skin, flat nose, kinky hair (features) to claim something as African...
When dealing with admixtures and features associated with the there no AFRICAN features (We come in ALL shades and hair textures )!

African diversity All shades and hair textures and noses
Yet there are people in Portugal, Spain, Greece and the midfle East who look just like North Africans but are NOT claimed to Africans

Why the Two thinking?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2015 3:54:20 AM

Who are the Africans in India? I wouldn't call Dravidians Africans and they the only ones dark skin I can think of in they millions

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/25/2015 10:14:12 AM

They have another group I think they are called "SIDDIS", but they are of African stock supposedly transplanred to Indian thru slavery but they still have African music thru the use of African style drumm and dances. I think they been traced to Central East Africa region of Bantu Languages speaking origins.

There is also some in Palestine that came from Senegal, Mali and Sudan
The I can look up "Ali Jiddah" a black Palestinian activist!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/25/2015 10:39:56 AM

That's the point! It's not about "two ways of thinking". The varied phenotypes of Africans (at home and abroad) are not LIMITED to broad nosed or kinky hair. And are not solely a result of mixing gene pools. They can be attributed to climate. If you live in the Highlands of Ethiopia, your complexion and hair texture will naturally be different then someone who lives in the Congo, for example. The varied types do not contradict one another, but instead compliment each other!

When we say "broad nose and kinky hair" we obviously know that we are not generally referring to a Swede. However, when we think of "Asiatic" slanted eyes, out of conditioning, we think of an Asian....BUT...that feature FIRST belongs to Mama Afrika (the San people, for example). Same thing applies to lighter complexion or straighter hair. The various types and genes were carried within the original mothers and father's of humanity LONG LONG before any invasions or misegenation. The stereotype of broad nose/kinky hair is a definition attibuted to us by white supremacy who invented the concept of race as we know it.

THAT, beloved Idren, is the point.

In regards to the African presence in India, let us not forget that India is also a daughter of Kush. As is Kemet. They are originally a Kushite people who later were mixed with the invasions of the Aryan/Brahmans.

ANCIENT AFRICA AND EARLY INDIA - by Runoko Rashidi.

"Exceptionally valuable writings reflecting close relationships between Africa and early India have existed for more than two thousand years. In the first century B.C.E., for example, the famous Greek historian Diodorus Siculus penned that, “From Ethiopia he (Osiris) passed through Arabia, bordering upon the Red Sea as far as India…. He built many cities in India, one of which he called Nysa, willing to have remembrance of that (Nysa) in Egypt, where he was brought up.”

"Another important writer from antiquity, Apollonius of Tyana, who is said to have visited India near the end of the first century C.E., was convinced that “The Ethiopians are colonists sent from India, who follow their forefathers in matters of wisdom.” The literary work of the early Christian writer Eusebius preserves the tradition that, “In the reign of Amenophis III [the mighty Dynasty XVIII Egyptian king] a body of Ethiopians migrated from the country about the Indus, and settled in the valley of the Nile.” And still another document from ancient times, the Itinerarium Alexandri, says that “India, taken as a whole, beginning from the north and embracing what of it is subject to Persia, is a continuation of Egypt and the Ethiopians.” 

Dr. Vulindlela Wobogo, another African-centric scholar, has observed that:

“Manifestations of the Buddha in Asia are Black with woolly hair.  They all appear to be Egypto-Nubian priests who fled Egypt…The priests carried their spiritual knowledge but lost much of the scientific knowledge for obvious reasons.  The well-known aspects of Buddhism and its companion, yoga, are all simply Egypto-Nubian priesthood practices, meditation, and…the belief that one could attain a god-like state if the soul was liberated from the body through knowledge and denial.”

DALIT: THE BLACK UNTOUCHABLES OF INDIA

Possibly the most substantial percentage of Asia’s Blacks can be identified among India’s 160 million “Untouchables” or “Dalits.” Frequently they are called “Outcastes.”  Indian nationalist leader and devout Hindu Mohandas K. Gandhi called them “Harijans,” meaning “children of god.”  The official name given them in India’s constitution (1951) is “Scheduled Castes.”  “Dalit,” meaning “crushed and broken,” is a name that has come into prominence only within the last four decades. “Dalit” reflects a radically different response to oppression.

The Dalit are demonstrating a rapidly expanding awareness of their African ancestry and their relationship to the struggle of Black people throughout the world.

https://tseday.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/the-african-presence-in-india-by-runoko-rashidi/

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/25/2015 10:48:02 AM

Ancient Ethiopian traditions support the rule of Puntites or Ethiopians of India. In the Kebra Nagast, we find mention of the Arwe kings who ruled India. The founder of the dynasty was Za Besi Angabo. This dynasty according to the Kebra Nagast began around 1370 BC. These rulers of India and Ethiopia were called Nagas. The Kebra Nagast claims that ” Queen Makeda “had servants and merchants; they traded for her at sea and on land in the Indies and Aswan”.  It also says that her son Ebna Hakim or Menelik I, made a campaign in the Indian Sea; the king of India made gifts and donations and prostrated himself before him”. It is also said that Menalik ruled an empire that extended from the rivers of Egypt (Blue Nile) to the west and from the south Shoa to eastern India”, according to the Kebra Nagast. The Kebra Nagast identification of an eastern Indian empre ruled by the Naga, corresponds to the Naga colonies in the Dekkan, and on the East coast between the Kaviri and Vaigai rivers.

- See more at: http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/ancient-african-kings-of-india-by-dr-clyde-winters/comment-page-2/#sthash.LOUjr4Pb.dpuf

In India the Sadhus who dedicate themselves to the worship of the god Shiva wear their hair in dreadlocks and smoke copious amounts of ganja, which they regard as a religious sacrament necessary to achieve moksha (spiritual liberation). Somewhere in the akashas, the Bush Doctor Peter Tosh is readingMind Glow Media and smiling. The word “Ganja” is named after the “Ganges River” in India where herb grew in abundance. In his book 100 Amazing Facts About the Negro, Jamaican scholar Joel Augustus Rogers says that this river was named after an Ethiopian King named Ganges who colonized India in ancient times. Jamaica, and to a much greater extent, Trinidad, was seeded with indentured servants from India during the 1800s, so many Indian religious customs such as Diwali (the Festival of Lights) are still observed in the West Indies and Guyana. 

http://www.thirdeyemax.com/2011/03/secret-history-of-rastafari-mystery-of_20.html?m=1

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/25/2015 1:20:22 PM

Ethiopia/ Horn of Africa has probably had more outside genetic influence than any other Sub-Saharan country. The Nile/Red Sea region was a major immigration point
I think if we wanna claim every dark skinn race outside of Africa as African when they they've been in thier location for 1,000s of years then its safe to call the WHOLE world African. Then again are we basing this on features.
1300 BC i think in India theres they have own records which proceed that by 1000s of years

Also in Ethiopia a steele was found distinguishing between the Black Hebrews and Red Sabeans from 900 BC

Rashidi seem to have a black Asiatic Agenda I stick to Africa

Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/25/2015 3:11:41 PM

Also the Ible in the book of Esther speaks of
"one hundred and twenty-seven provinces from India to Ethiopia"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2015 3:17:36 PM

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: Today 3:14:12 PM

They have another group I think they are called "SIDDIS", but they are of African stock supposedly transplanred to Indian thru slavery but they still have African music thru the use of African style drumm and dances. I think they been traced to Central East Africa region of Bantu Languages speaking origins.

There is also some in Palestine that came from Senegal, Mali and Sudan
The I can look up "Ali Jiddah" a black Palestinian activist!

The siddus in the 10s of thousand not millions though. Their claim to Africa is REAL. My point is that we not counting 'millions of Africans in India'

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2015 3:18:35 PM

I am not about to call Indians Africans because they may have come from some ancient Africans whe left africa over 50,000 years ago.. Why dont we do the same for the European? or the Chinese?

Not in I books. Indians are not African

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I