Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6281&start_row=1

OLD TESTAMENT ISRAELITES vs MESSIANIC / NEW TESTAMENT ISRAELITES

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/19/2015 10:43:36 AM

Academic discourse (all 5 hours of it)

Interesting to note how some of de I dem who inna the Bible see this one. Beta Israel or the doctrine of Philip?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 11/20/2015 8:59:20 AM

to me everybody can have his interpretation. its a thing of pure faith.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 9:08:17 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 9:09:32 AM

There's a big difference when two people are calling themselves Hebrews and Israel and yet one people reject the other peoples Messiah and Son of the Most High as false. The Old Testament Hebrews then place the complete Bible readers into the 'false god and idol worshipper' category. This video if you can spare the time reveals a lot of information re each side

We have th same within Rastafari. Even worse, we have bible ras OT ras and none bible ras. Luckily, our foundation isn't reliant on specific faith or scripture alone

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/20/2015 2:12:04 PM

What makes one authoritive and the others Not? Good question

Such n such council! Well who gave them authority? Nother good question

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 3:52:57 PM

Lol !

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 5:46:39 PM

Well as far as I see it the OT folla-Ra's have more authority. Simple because they have a culture and history from a few hundred BC. They have a claim outside of the Bible to being in Africa or its diaspora for some 1800-2500 years. As for the NT followers with their Jezeus and their Peter Mark Luke and Paul.....with their Greek septuagints and Roman councils........ Well, enough said!! But every I know what I think of the texts as a whole

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I