Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6276&start_row=11

Haile Selassie I's quote: "Don't worship me, I am not a God..."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/17/2015 5:39:11 PM

But then again, this is what troubles many Rastas. What if he telling the truth, what if honestly meant that he is not divine and Rastas should turn to JC and Christiantiy?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/17/2015 5:42:12 PM

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/17/2015 6:24:49 PM

Religion always tells of some prophet or holy deity who is more divine than man.And people must close their minds and just accept that and follow.

But Rasta is different.I dont see the need to see some chracter out of a book as more divine or better than me.The emperor is divine as a MAN and theres no question of wether he is jesus or God in order to find that out.The emperor is divine as the black royalty without the need to see him as jesus or God.

Peace.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/17/2015 6:40:26 PM

Yes I Goddess, I make a post with the "God is within" quotes from many different religions a while back.

Long as man is alive man will never gree to what God is.
There will be as many Gods as there are minds to perceive God.

What does ones mean by "devine"? I think ones n ones have different concepts of the word and idea itself.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/17/2015 7:09:34 PM

Ras93 It may be a problem for some, but as RastaGoddess shows God is within. When RasTafarI Irits are within, a person can never change from that; it is not something I and I follow, it is who I and I are.

When I learned about RasTafarI in 1991, I lived in a town that hardly had any people who were not white, and there were no RasTafarI people or people that even heard about RasTafarI. I heard some RasTafarI reggae songs from two university radio stations from a city that was about 100km from where I lived. I could see that RasTafarI people were I people and knew that I was RasTafarI and started to read the Bible. I knew very little about Haile Selassie I but saw that He is the Most High. This was before internet, so I didn't have that as a source of information or communication. I managed to find one short book that spoke about RasTafarI people that was sent to I local library from a library from a bigger city. That confirmed to I that I am RasTafarI. Before that time, I felt like an outsider and couldn't see I way, and when I learned about RasTafarI, I finally was comfortable within Iself because I saw I path and I people. For I first four years, I didn't have any RasTafarI people to speak to, but never wavered because I knew that I am RasTafarI. I decided to go to University in Toronto for the sole Reason that I knew that I would find the Most RasTafarI people there. And when I arrived in 1995, I immediately tried to find RasTafarI people and that was when the Higher Learning began.

I have Reasoned in the past how I Give Thanks to Selassie I that He let I grow up in a church where I couldn't understand the language, so when I started reading the Bible, I read it for what it is, instead of the way the churches portray it. I parents are Serbian Orthodox, but the only Orthodox church where I lived was a Greek Orthodox church, and I don't speak Greek.

The Bible showed that I and I are children of the Most High. When I eventually got to the new testament and read the words of Yeshua, I saw that He also taught I and I that I and I are children of the Most High. He also showed that He is One with God, and asked God to make us One with God, and told I and I that I and I are also supposed be One with God.

It was strange to I that this concept was considered blasphemy in the churches, when Yeshua the Christ, who they named themselves after Teaches this. And what was even stranger is I would show them the words of Christ, and they still couldn't see it, when for I it was literally saying that.

Here is a related Reasoning

=========================
Just as the Pharisees called the Christians blasphemers for calling Jesus Christ God. The same Pharisee "christians" of today call I and I blasphemers for praising his Majesty Haile Selassie I.

If they paid more attention to the teachings and example of Christ, they would see the true way to salvation and they would also see who Haile Selassie I is. And they would also see that they are supposed to be One with God also. Not to put Christ on an unreachable pedestal to admire, but to heed the instructions of Christ and Live the same.
------------------------------------------

Yaa said she bows, honours, love and raspects Selassie. When I saw Yaa speaking about not worshipping God. I sight that she is talking about how men now and in the past, put God on an unreachable pedestal to admire. And they use that unreachable pedestal as an excuse to not Live as One, because they are too low. They are only low because lowness is their choice. They worship God like God is something separate from them, when the only reason the God is separate from them is because by their choice and ignorance, their mind and spirit is separate from God.

The Creator showed I and I to Live by His example and be worthy to be called Sons and Daughters of God.

As I have said,
------------------------------------
I see Eashua Christ as One with God, Haile Selassie I as One with God, and all that live by the example of God as One with God. So when I say One, I am not saying that Eashua Christ or Selassie I are higher than Jah. I am saying that they are One, with no separation. One has no division. So they can't be seen as three heads of a council, standing beside eachother, because that is not One. To be One with Jah, a man must go to Jah, and join with Jah. They must live by the direction of Jah, through the Spirit of Jah.
=========================

As the Bobo say, Man of Right is God in flesh.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/17/2015 7:58:29 PM

di•vin•i•ty
1. the quality of being divine; divine nature.
2. deity; godhood.
3. a divine being; God.
4. the Divinity, (sometimes l.c.) the Deity.
5. a being having divine attributes.
6. the study or science of divine things; theology.
7. godlike character; supreme excellence.

AMHARIC DEFINITION - ገ;;;ባ;;;ው;;;፣;;; ተ;;;ነ;;;በ;;;የ;;;፣;;; ገ;;;ባ;;;

/mäläkotawi/
pertaining to a god, religious; sacred, heavenly, celestial

KEMETIC DEFINITION
Netjer: is the Medu means God of wisdom or force of nature. Medu Netjer is also the origin of the word "Mother Nature." Netjer, a Kemetic word meaning "divine power," is the one self- created deity which manifests in myriads of forms as the many forms of god/goddess manifest in nature. Each of the aspects is separate, but each remains a part of the whole. The word for divinity that they used to represent the sum of all the names of the gods and goddesses is "NTR", pronounced "Net-jer”

In religious terms, divinity or godhead is the state of things that come from a supernatural power or deity, such as a god, supreme being, Creator-God or spirits, and are therefore regarded as sacred and holy. Such things are regarded as "divine" due to their transcendental origins, and/or because their attributes or qualities are superior or supreme relative to things of the Earth. Divine things are regarded as eternal and based in truth, while material things are regarded as ephemeral and based in illusion. Such things that may qualify as "divine" are apparitions, visions, prophecies, miracles, and in some views also the soul, or more general things like resurrection, immortality, grace, and salvation. Otherwise what is or is not divine may be loosely defined, as it is used by different belief systems.

DIVINE GOD IN MDU NTR

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/17/2015 8:14:28 PM

She "bows" to Selassie but doesnt "Worship" God?

Many words get taken out of context or taught out of context. The usage of the words translated as worship actually meant- to "BOW" down to, to prostrate, kiss the ground

Its a custom among the Yoruba people of Nigeria to prostrate (worship) to elders

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/17/2015 8:29:58 PM

She meant that she worshipped Haile Selassie, not God.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/17/2015 8:54:08 PM

If Haile Selassie I did not want to be worshipped than why did He meet Rasta elders such as King Emmanuel and Mortimmo Planno in person on His visit to Jamaica in 1966?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/17/2015 8:55:52 PM

Gods are immortal men and men are mortal gods - Egyptian proverb

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I