Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6161&start_row=51

Yoga

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/28/2015 5:59:24 AM

I cant deal with ones who stuck on KJV. Let alone the notion that 3 brothers were born of three different nationalities. Or Noah living to be 950 years old.

"God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant."

Your subscribing to a philosophy that promotes the servitude of Canaan (Africans) under the rest of the world....from a book put together by a racist homosexual European King.......All I would say is Do you brethren. Just don't be ignorant of the glory of your maternal ancestry and your history outside of 'israel'

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 6:58:51 AM

Caanan is not just Africans. Africans are a great people of diverse culture. Noah, shem and his brethren are ethiopians. Ham is the father of africa, and caanan is just one of his sons
[6] And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
[7] And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of
Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
[8] And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
[9] He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter
before the LORD.
[10] And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of
Shinar.
[11] Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
[12] And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
[13] And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
[14] And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.
[15] And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
[16] And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
[17] And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
[18] And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the
Canaanites spread abroad.
[19] And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou
goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
[20] These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their
nations.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 7:40:24 AM

Pardon, heres the real link for the whole King James Version bible
quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kjv/browse.html

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 7:48:47 AM

Iman suggest reading the book kebra nagast, for it justifies the Word[facts in the bible]. Theres a direct link on the home page of this website. Heres another direct link
www.sacred-texts.com/afr/kn/index.htm

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/28/2015 9:13:59 AM

Your not talking to a brother who isn't famililar with these texts.
None of that takes away from the fact that throughout the bible the sons of Ham who you claim are Africans, were cursed by God and by the Genocidal Israelites. Now that you have copied and pasted some verses. You tell me about the Old Testament treatment in terms of invasion, murder, enslavement and curses toward Cush, Canaan and Mizraim

So king, really now, was Noah 950 years old?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/28/2015 9:32:14 AM

And you really believe the entire populace of the earth come from Noah?

All of Africa come from Ham?

when Africans were around long before the earliest word within the bible was ever imagined. CONVENIENT that with the foolish Noah story, now we can attribute all civilisation as coming from the Middle East and completely usurp the efforts of Africans.

I'm hoping you realise the story isn't factual and was probably never intended to be

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 10:12:16 AM

From the verses I quote here its evident that africans were the first to build cities. They have been mentioned first. And Yes, people lived long my brother. And they will do so again. Selassie I said one should read these texts and find out the truth for himself/herself. Iman follow his teachings, for me know dem life.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/28/2015 11:22:15 AM

I am happy that the I's are having this reasoning about the allegory/story of Noah and his sons, but I do not think that this thread about Yoga is the place. Maybe Idren JI the I can start a new thread to debate about Ham Shem and Japheth.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 12:15:44 PM

Pardon , my queen, I was asked the questions, I had to answer, according to what I know.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 10/28/2015 12:39:47 PM

Blessed to all,

Yes I, John Israel give thanks, but unfortunately d common knowledge about Rastafari is biblical concepts and dogmas ,but if it will help to lift up d I than Is good but only for certain period of time , in d times of Hon.Marcus Garvey it was necessary to use biblical concept to uplift InI but d main purpose is to get InI out of dat mental slavery doctrines since this has been d tool used to enslave InI , and obviously many still fall victims from it and even worse ,no weeps is needed anymore since d doctrines itself is effective enough to enslave InI , in d same many time many eyes are already open and d chain has broken ,no need for dogmas no more , InI have now access for information's thru internet and books ,visit places thru modern transportations and experience life on different aspects ,etc......

Biblical dogmas was a stepping stone for d I dat has a Christian background ,Rastafari is a Livity ,A Natural Way of Life ,Ancient Afrikan Way of Life,towards physical ,mental,and spiritual liberation ,and ultimately , self realization.

Regarding to yoga ,it simply means "union to JAH" but just like always ,Babylon propaganda has always been d reason dat d true meanings of such had been hidden simply because dem no overstand it either, in dat case dem made dem own translations of many Ancient indigenous myths or spiritual paths ,just like d bible stories which was stolen from many cultures mainly Afrikan culture, and d compilation of it is d bible , now yoga is commonly know as certain strechings,body movements, etc.... Yes of course to get d energy flowing freely ,to balance d energy flow but dat was just a small part of it while Babylon made a Health thing out of it while every spiritual path is yoga , a union , a realization dat there is no other "God" but I , life itself is JAH , InI is life not a part but whole of it hence d word "holy" to be whole again , I n I was never separate just a concept or idea that made it think so ,just a mind thing ,JAH is life and love is it's will.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I