Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6161&start_row=111

Yoga

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/5/2015 12:03:44 AM

Yoga is a powerful thing spiritually/physically/mentally.
Many Rasta people in the world practice it.

Its healthier than reading the bible.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2015 12:45:14 AM

Lol! It much healthier!!

Yes I daughters of Jah

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/5/2015 6:47:08 AM

Give thanks Knowthyself and Garveys! Beautiful pictures! And I agree...healthier indeed!
No disrespect intended to those who glory in European bible. To each his own. However, many of us feel offended by the use of the oppressors bible. It is an insult to our ancestors. Especially the Queen James version. A known pedophile. To fling this among this sacred circle whilst rejecting the knowledge of our ancestors is a defilement. A blasphemy.

Every time I hear the "crack" of European versions, my blood runs cold.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/7/2015 5:13:53 AM

Ha ha ha a judgement
heh heh heh

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/7/2015 9:18:44 AM

Yes Kings + Empress! Truly more beneficial to the health indeed than simply reading, Yoga is the act of Inifying the self with the Iyest Power, the One that christians are claiming wrote the bible. Even my mother, a committed christian who carries her bible everywhere she goes, has learned in her middle age that she needs to practice yoga, she said, "It helps me pray, and my body feels much healthier." People who think the two are incompatible are only robbing themselves of a great experience.
GA I love the images also. This final pose is a strong one, looks challenging but I think a lot of people would be surprised that they can do it easily. I would start by stretching the whole body in a simple sun salutation. After the muscles are loose, sit on the ground on your bottom w the feet grounded in front of you. Then clasp the hands behind the neck by interlacing the fingers. Then lean all the way back, get the forearms on the ground and they should support the neck securely, and at the same time press into the feet to lift hips off the ground, keeping the back and bottocks muscles engaged to support the pose. In this photo she also brings the head back to rest the forehead on the hands. Breathing steady, slowly move one leg over to meet the other, then cross it on top. Finally, lift up from the grounded heel into the pad of the foot. To get out of the pose, take the leg down, lower the hips, and bring the upper body forward. Then make sure to do a reverse pose to even out the stretch, such as a forward bend or a child's pose.
Loving the inspiration to try new asanas... I have been a teacher for a while but dont get the chance to learn from others as often as I should! Giving thankhs for the Iversation + Incouragement allways.
JAH Love + Inity

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/7/2015 9:25:30 AM

Yes I Jah Child!

InI give thanks for the lovely reasonings and vibes. How good and pleasant to gather among like minds.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/7/2015 9:28:41 AM

Sorry for interfereing in this thread. I belong to Christ and the LORD, not in yoga and other worldly things. I get my exercise in work. The Holy Spirit is my Water. I wish all well.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/7/2015 9:32:24 AM

True Goddess! I hope the I get a chance to practice on this Shabat morning also. Fulljoy + strength to the I!
Igziabher Yimasgan Ulaghize!
More Love =)

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/27/2015 11:31:16 PM

1 Timothy chapter 4
8 For bodily exercise
profiteth little: but
godliness
is profitable unto all
things,
having promise of the life
that now is, and of that
which
is to come.
9 This is a faithful saying
and worthy of all
acceptation.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/28/2015 3:51:14 PM

Exercising your body/temple profits little?
Honoring the blessing of this temple given unto InI and keeping it clean & healthy profits little?

Nevermind all that, eh? Just keep your nose inna di bible and let the motion on your eyeballs reading left to right, and the turning of pages be enough to keep blood flow and heart circulation strong...

SMH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I