Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6108&start_row=1

Repatriation Network

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/4/2015 3:43:02 PM

Greetings All Righteous Beings
in the name of Qedamawi Iylah Selassie
with Love and Power.
Moah Anbesa

I have been collaborating with ones and ones in forming a program to collect donations and channel these funds toward aiding individuals in the Livaspora who wish to Repatriate.

I am presenting this idea into the public forum again to gain I-spectives and also to update the I's on the progress of the project. Please offer suggestions to improve the effectiveness of this venture.

This is the work in progress:

Logo:

Slogan:
Forward to Africa

Mission Statement:
The aim of Repatriation Network is to aid individuals and families in willful repatriation to Africa. Repatriation Network recognizes the general requirements of funds, societal links, and knowledge of a specific geographical location in order to make this move. The purpose of Repatriation Network is to provide these requirements, while also providing practical advice, on an individual basis. In recognizing the dreams and goals of individuals, this Network is not aimed to dictate the life direction of any persons, but to aid individuals in accomplishing their personal goals for physical repatriation in Africa. This is an organization proudly representing the name of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Ras Tafari, King of Kings, Elect of the Almighty, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

Bless Up Kings + Queens of Iration

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2015 12:05:50 PM

Sign me up

Send some funds

Make Garveys Africa make it home

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/5/2015 2:47:47 PM

I like that the organisattion is providing practical advice for families and on an individual basis aswell.I ask though what the funds are being used for exactly.For example if the funds are used to transport ones to Africa,who decides who makes the journey at each time, say a plane ticket cost 300 dollars and 3 people contribute 100 dollars each,who gets the plane ticket?

Right now I know certain EABIC members are sending funds to Ethiopia,to complete the construction of the tabernacles there and in securing Land/building in Addis Ababa.So will some of the funds go towards existing proojects in Africa and who decides which projects are supported instead of others.

I love the idea,just would like to know if a secure plan has beenmade in terms of distributing the funds.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/5/2015 11:25:03 PM

Big up sista Jah Child fe de repatriation works. Move on sista.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/6/2015 6:51:51 PM

Tafari Haile.

Garvey I: Yes that is what I am working on! The I have my email yeah? Please forward with more information on what the I envision. As I stated I&I wish to support the Individual goals in Repatriation.

Ras JAHcub: There needs to be a board of directors set up. Right now I self and a few others are acting as main decision makers, but I wish to involve in this task more well suited elders IN Mamaland to be able to make more wise and practical choices. I am in the very beginning process as the I's can see. I am still researching the legal qualifications and requirements. To anyone interested in becoming one of the elders in this board, please link with I.
Yes as far as the spending of funds, I envision aiding individuals and families on a more 1 on 1 basis, not necessarily community building projects. More as the I said air fare and visa fees... But that being said, I do plan to establish an orphanage and school for children, implementing agriculture and water purification in these plans, and I am not sure how much futher the community projects may extend, to possibly building tabernacles or community centers or other projects. I am not sure how the Repatriation Network will overlap with those personal goals. Iwombman and my mother plan to fund the child centered organization and sustain through personal art sales, agriculture, and self sustainable permaculture methods. The fundraising for Repatriation Network I plan to be separate, donation only (donators are not buying artwork or creations, but making charitable contributions). I hope that clarifies more about where the Repatriation Network funding would be focused: toward the journey + securing the initial transition process for the individual or family.
I need to write formal statements for prospective donators and also for the ones who wish to make the journey, I am working on that and will post the information when I have a good draft.

Black Iart: give thANKHs for the positivity + support.

As for suggestions, I would love to know especially one thing:

Does anyone know of another organization currently existing and working toward this specific aim?

My email: amanda.elaine.burton@gmail.com

Most I Ises.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/9/2015 5:40:40 PM

UPdate: I have been working on the following drafts. I hope this clarifies the purpose and intent of this organization further... Please, as always, I am seeking advice to improve the statements and ideas.

TO THOSE WHO WISH TO DONATE
Donations to Repatriation Network fund the travel, visa, or other expenses immediately related to the individuals served, and their specific needs. Repatriation Network’s founders and board of directors do not draw a salary from this organization, which is an entirely non-profit venture. All donations enter a collective fund, which is distributed at the decision of the board of directors. If you wish to make a donation to a specific individual, please be in communication with the Network about this situation prior to making the donation.

TO THOSE WHO WISH TO REPATRIATE
To repatriate means to return to the place of one’s origin. Some people may want to visit Africa before deciding whether or not to return to live permanently. This organization is aimed toward ones who have already decided to make the permanent move to their homeland in Africa. This organization is meant to provide help, but ultimately Repatriation is a personal journey requiring mental determination and spiritual strength, and at times physical perseverance. Repatriation Network supplies information and resources, and individuals must also recognize their personal responsibility in absorbing and utilizing these benefits to their fullest potential. Individuals and families who would like to request information or aid are strongly encouraged to do so.

Ises + Love of the Most High

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2015 5:57:29 PM

Most high
I have some questions.
Just to clarify. The funds will be for the travel and the immediate living situation including shelter and maybe work prospects? Or you mean ticket and travel alone? Could you please expand further on this and any infrastructure the network plans to provide

And when we say go back to ones origin. Where do we mean? Africa is too vague being a continent and a large one at that. We come from the West and Central portions of Africa most recently. Do we go there? Many of us cannot specificy any further to a point of one exact country over another. Or do we look a spiritual repatriation to Ethiopia with the land his Majesty set for we? Despite their current turmoils. Or do we look to areas in Mammaland which have the best opportunities for independent black liberstion and prosperity which may lead us into even more areas of the continent. Could we talk more on this side of things to clear up for me.

Or does none of this matter. And you are looking to simply fund the travel of ones who have decided where to go to africa for themselves and set themself up they just need a funding. Is this funding only?
Give thankhs

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/13/2015 4:05:58 PM

Ites of Love King
As allways I Ipprecilove the input and reasoning from the I.

To answer those questions (I hope clearly enough) :
The funds will have to be distributed on a needs basis. Some people might want to go join an existing RasTafari foundation or camp; in this case they will not require funds for purchasing land. Others might have dreams of purchasing land and setting up an ecosustainable homestead. In that case the network would try to make that dream a reality. Maybe ones n ones have a vision to be an elected official in an African country. I am not sure exactly how far all the provisions can cover, and where people have to start manung their own way. Obviously this network is not designed to cover living costs forever, but helping each one to establish the first step in their goals is more attainable. Not everyone needs the same thing in order to achieve their dreams and visions, that is why I made the statement vague in stating that funds will go to "travel, visa, or other expenses immediately related to the individuals served, and their specific needs."
The infrastructure needs to be established still because the most important aspect of this venture is the wise leadership which must come from the network of elders living in the Land. Without the input of the I's, no one even knows the first part about where to put the money. Even a person who wants to repatriate cannot get an idea of living costs they will be facing til they talk with a person in that country.
I have Innections in a few countries but I&I&I need a stronger network still. As I have mentioned, I welcome and request input from people in African countries who wish to aid brothers + sisters in coming home.

Personally I do not think it is necessary to repatriate to the exact village where ones ancestors were captured from. As the I said most people cannot even know this level of specificity. I want to grow Ifrica to the Iyest level of her glory and natural harmony, and I am mostly focused on educating the babies in Mamaland to bring the next generation to righteous leadership of the land + culture because that is my gift and passion. I am not a political or governmental person typically, so it is new to be thinking about all of the legal intricacies that go into this; but I have seen a need, that so many Idren want to Repatriate, and I also want to help bring willing + righteous servants of the Almighty to come and build the communities up Iyer. If ones + ones have the specific knowledge of their family roots, and they want to go there, Most High Bless; and if ones have no exact idea, but have a real goal and Itribution in Repatriating, Iyah Give thanks for the Ifforts of JAH through the hands of I&I&I.

I hope this clears the questions for the I, but if the I have further clarifications to make please Itinue to ask questions.. As I said this is new for I and I am asking a lot of elders for advice, so I really give Thanks for the opportunities to clarify the ideas to make the project successful.

JAH Haile

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/7/2015 8:54:52 PM

Give Ises for JAH works moving forward! The Most High guide I&I&I in Iverything.

I am coming to the official part of this process now, and I am seeking guidance related to international non profit organizations.
Is anyone experienced in setting up non profit or community outreach organizations? In African countries especially?
I am able to create the NPO legally through California state, but I am thinking it may be more relevant to register in an African country rather than unites states. Also the fees for registering here are very high, and I would rather put those funds toward the actual goals of the Network rather than paying california government administration fees. So if there is anyone who has insight that may aid the Ifforts, please comment or email I, it would be so much Ippreciloved.

Righteousness and Peace with All.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2015 5:56:25 AM

UP

if anyone can help the I with these specific works

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I