Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6105&start_row=21

Book of Coming Forth by Day

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2015 7:17:26 PM

When you read the Book of Coming Forth from Night by Day, which is mistakenly known as the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the god Ausar (Osiris) is called “The Lord of Restau.” There are multiple translations of the BOCF, but you will find it on page 300 of the book in the picture below. It’s in the chapter called “The Priests of Anmutef and Sameref.” However in ancient Kemet the letter “E” and the combination “AU” were interchangeable with the letter “A.” Therefore “Restau” was also known as “Rasta.” Don’t believe me. Do the research for yourself.

Ausar, who is called the “King of Kings and the Lord of Lords” in the BOCF is the “Lord of Rasta.” In ancient Kemet The Path of the Rasta was the Path of Enlightenment. This is not what Adika says. This is what the BOCF says.

Ausar, the god of ancient Kemet whom ancient Ethiopian priests say came from Ethiopia, is the first Rasta Man to be identified in a metaphysical text. The BOCF was written at least 2000 years before the Bible and I’m being very generous in saying that. Also, the hieroglyph for Ausar is a picture of an eye over a throne. What does this mean? It means that when you see pictures of Haile Selassie I sitting on his throne, your Higher Self is calling on you to SELAH (pause and meditate) and SEE the EYE on the throne.

http://www.thirdeyemax.com/2011/03/secret-history-of-rastafari-mystery-of_29.html

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2015 6:46:21 AM

It's one thing to say that the word sound of Rasta was being said in ancient times or that Rasta in principle has been here since the original man. But it becomes mythology when we try and suggest that people from those times were consciously referencing His Majesty. Re-Stau / Restau from what I see is a translation for corridor or hallway or opening. In relation to the Ntjr SKR involved in the transition after so called death. Not a translation for a future King of Ta Mry. There are many brethren who put fire on the word sound 'Rasta' anyway as this really means nothing, his Title is Ras Tafari and shortening that makes no sense.
The difference between Ausar and HIM is Ausar is a mythological representation of an aspect of the higher self. His Majesty is physical flesh and blood. To look to the Netjers of Kemet and the texts such as the Per M Hru in the SAME fundamentalist literalist way we were taught to read the bible is wrong.
It's a shame to think we can't just look back to the ancients and see them for what they were. We have to try an force Incoorporate our philosophies of today into their world

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2015 7:16:39 AM

Furthermore we shouldn't be using Wallis Budge translations at all. He was the first to publish so called Kemetic translations of the Mdu Ntr and he often ridiculed the strange Egyptian religious practices as he was too CHRISTIAN to see different. More importantly his mdu ntr was off. He was responsible for why it's called the BOOK OF THE DEAD and not the book of coming forth by light. He responsible partly for all of the misnomers like Osiris Ausar and so on. So now to use him to 'prove' the existance of 'Rasta' in Kemet is strange..... People who study kemet cite his translations as laughable compared to better translations like Faulkner and his Papyrus of Ani or some of the more recent ones from awakened brothers and sisters in the field. I don't see the same translation in faulkners version by the way

Hey I know you copied and pasted but give THANKHS anyway rasta Empress this is a good topic to discuss either way

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/10/2015 10:34:17 PM

Agreed @ ancient Kushites not referring to HIM. I think this is often when many of us look at things from behind the spectacles of Europe...and take things LITERALLY, as opposed to metaphorically, or through symbolism. Those principles and ancestors live through HIM. That torch which has burned from the beginning of Time being carried by HIM. The Spirit of Nyabinghi (metaphorically speaking) has burned throughout the ages, through different ones and ones.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/10/2015 10:34:54 PM

Agreed @ Wallis Budge's translations.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/11/2015 8:13:25 AM

i really have to read this book finally.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/11/2015 10:47:12 AM

G Massey is one of the few European Egyptologists who is more objective and puts across less of his own dogmas and possible agendas. But I would have to recommend the brother Muata Ashby who did a great job with the 'book'

We also need to stop callIing it a book!

Stay Bless and look forwRd to see you posting more around here sista. Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/11/2015 5:34:30 PM

Yes!!! @ Muata Ashby's books. I have several ones myself. Also appreciate Gerald Massey's work. One of the FEW (if not only) Europeans who was as truthful as possible when it comes to Afrika/Kush/Kemet.

Give thanks for the good reasonings.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/13/2015 11:22:56 PM

Interesting reasoning, I'm sure the ancients had had a deep over standing of the afterlife.

I also think it's interesting that the Coptic language used by the Orthodox Church of Alrxandria is descended from the Kemetic language.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/13/2015 11:22:57 PM

Interesting reasoning, I'm sure the ancients had a deep over standing of the afterlife.

I also think it's interesting that the Coptic language used by the Orthodox Church of Alexandria is descended from the Kemetic language.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I