Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=609&start_row=1

Movies

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 2:14:04 PM

Bless
--I like movies, and I like to let them make me think. I just thought I'd put this here for the I them to share thought on different movies that have a message, be the message easily seen, or hidden.
--For example, has anyone seen Left Behind 1&2 ? Both are well made. They're about Armagedon, and what happens after the faithful are called away. Amusing, because they just disappear, leaving their clothes in a little pile where they were.
--In this movie, I like to see how things are portrayed.. it makes me think about how it might go down. However, I also like to look at it as another way to misguide people.. The Anichrist is Rusian, only Cross-toting Christians seem to be saved, Of course not once is His Majesty mentioned --or anything else about the Lion of Judah or the Davidic line. Very entertaining on several levels. Especially if you look at it with wisdom and overstanding.
--Any comments, Idren? ---Respect

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/12/2005 2:27:34 PM

Kirikou and the Sorceress
a film by Michel Ocelot
www.kirikou.net

cartoon but very will writen for the adults.

onelove

Messenger: def Sent: 2/12/2005 2:36:27 PM

BLESSED LOVE

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

Countryman.
This film is a Jahmekyan classic though not always easily obtainable.

LOVE it.

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 5:49:55 PM

Also, "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" was nice.
good story (if you can get past it's appearance) Hard to explain, but if the I them watch it with an open mind, you'll see what I mean.

respect

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/13/2005 1:45:48 PM

I have to see that also.. I'm a martial arts fan like you wouldn't beleive. If I was to suggest martial arts movies, the list would go on and on. I was hoping to learn of more moral or spiritual oriented movies (that are good, not boring)... But as far as martial arts, check "Fist Of Legend" -Jet Li It's my all-time favorite.

Messenger: Ras TajarI Sent: 2/13/2005 3:08:53 PM

BOSS. PRAIS JAH RAS TAFARI.

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/13/2005 5:21:22 PM

greetings in the name king rastafari; only rastas greet rastas like that, empress its good to see you look at the movies with such scrutiny;many people dont ,they need hand to mouth baby traetment there are many hints in follywood movie industry that they wont tell us the truth why they realy make such a movie, its up to we to read between the lines ;have you ever seen revaltion only the so called christians were saved, so whapen to the rastafari children;their god is partial,but my father is not like that,he's a man for the people all those who accept him and do his works;you will know the difference.stay blessed jah guide
biga fire
rastafari liveth

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/13/2005 10:03:03 PM

Yes I Biga Fire!
From one of Midnite's tunes "real life and movie no seperate no more.."
Sellassie I knows, in this time much is being revealed in Follywood and yet still they are leading the people astray with their fuckery. InI must stay aware, look how ones watched "Honey, I shrunk the Kids" and let InI see what is going on in science today, from cloning embryos and making glow-in-the-dark rabbits outta test tubes. Just yesterday I am working with some ghetto youths and my boss has us go to see the movie "Boogeyman" about some duppy that haunts a man all his life until he faces it. Making these children fear their closets and what may be under their bed instead of focusing their meditation on the Most High! Babylon is poisoning the minds of the youth through this mass media; from music, TV, movies, FOOD, education, and going straight down to their parent's ways. The fyah must burn.
Let InI teach the youths to respect one another, to honor life in all its manifestations. Let InI show them the freedom fighters for human rights and teach them of Africa and the ancient wisemind of community.
RASTAFARI

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2005 10:22:58 PM

the Rockers ,by Theodorus Bafaloukos

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 12:31:23 PM

SisMenenI,

Truth. You must know the reason I started this discussion, you seem to realize the true meaning of my motive. Seeing beyond what they intend you to... reading beyond just what you see. Some movies look wicked, but if you let them make you think, you can see something positive from the experience, seen?

Respect. Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I