Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6004&start_row=31

Science and Spirit

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2015 2:32:38 PM

People live Ital they entire life and still die of many of the same disease as anyone else.

If somebody can't breath during an acute asthma attack, telling themm about their diet is not going to help in any way.

All depends about how urgent the care needed is

For CHRONIC disease, where one has the benefit of TIME, then of course dietary changes and exercise will play an important role.

Again, its a balance

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/26/2015 3:13:09 PM

For example take a man with an enlarged prostate who cannot urinate.
There are no herbs or things in natural unchanged form JAH created wich could save this man.On the other hand all he needs is a catheter and he is saved.You see,JAH has also given man intellect and reason,and therefore we can invent such things in order to save lives.Why should we not use these benfits and die because of things that can be easily fixed through pharmaceuticals or medical devices?
I don't see any reason but ignorance.
And this is just a small example.There are many other diseases wich can be helped through what our JAH given intellect has invented.
I'm not saying that lifestyle and diet etc.doesn't have an impact.But often it alone can't save a person when dealing with life threatening things.To believe that all diseases can be preventd or cured simply by living healthy and I-tal is a bit naive.It doesn't necessarily have to be man made inventions against herbs and things in their natural untouched form.It is possible to have a balance.Like living I-tal and natural but accepting pharmaceuticals or modern medicine when absolutely necessary.It doesn't have to be an extreme of strictly natural without exceptions or vice versa.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2015 3:33:30 PM

Good example
Prostate a worries

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/26/2015 4:43:38 PM

Blessings BlackHeart, I was wondering where the I was at.
In no part have I been reasoning against science, or trying to avoid using science in reasoning. I am not standing up against science, but promoting greater integrity. Study science, I&I use science. In no way was I presenting science and consciousness as opposites either, what I have been trying to reason is what is intentionally or unintentionally (consciously or unconsciously) missed out, overlooked, derided. I&I can align the word science with this and that but I&I have many words for different meanings, as well as many meanings for one word. Yes embracing the scientist in all of us is a truth, but, science meaning the studies we don’t necessarily have access to but are at the mercy of in this day and time in many ways lack certain elements of truth.
If I&I want to keep a Rasta reasoning purely scientific and dis the spiritual then there is something missing.
Jah bless, Selassie I guide.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/27/2015 1:48:06 AM

In the original post I did say 'science doesnt understand consciousness', maybe that has been misunderstood, apologies, just the limits of a typed reasoning. To say 'science is consciousness' is just as confusing to I, and puts a stop to the reasoning! By 'science' I mean in this context not 'all knowledge known or unknown' or all received observation, but science that has the backing of law, economics and generally perceived 'truth'. Not to say that one owns science and another must learn from them, more that the science that is dominant - all areas - is not complete. I see ones have been defending science like its threatened by acknowledging spirit (again, another word with possibility for multiple meanings in different contexts) or as if the medicine is going to be taken away. Just take the babylon out, no need to start the world again.
More love and more blessings.
JAH

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/27/2015 2:10:07 AM

Might I suggest that all of these things; asthma attacks, prostate problems might be caused by seperation from nature in the first place?

Just strikes me that almost every human I see has some form of health issue in this day and age, and yet this so obviously is not the case for all of the other animals that walk the earth.

Maybe with other forms of technology I can see that they may have a use. But Ras Nate suggested using pharmaceuticals when absolutely necessary.

Personally, understanding the effect on spiritual consciousness, I would never take pharmaceuticals, even on my death bed. I would seek herbs, etc. And if there are none in that instance, then perhaps JAH says it is time for me to pass flesh.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/27/2015 7:27:48 AM

Ises Sister. Science is studying mother nature. Studyin mother nature is styding iration & Almighty creator. Fo a moment just foget about de subject de I lern ina school or from de so called scientist, teachers or other people. Just imagine de Iself dwelin ina jungle up de hills where u start de fire with de very thin dry sticks dat catches fire easily. When u put dem fo de fire u put dem in such a way dat air can easily circulate btween dem. Dat is science & countiousness.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/27/2015 9:17:05 AM

Joe what de I realy talkin about? De use of herbs is science & technology. Science - u observe & lern to gain certain knowledge. Then u use de knowledge practicaly & dat is technology. De technical use of knowledge is technology. Am I right? De green house u grow yo aloes, de clothes u wear, de internet u communicatin through, agriculture, de tools u use wheather clay, plastic, metal, wood, rubber, glass, fire & all is technology. All medicine & cooking is tecnology. Even birds do use technology.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/27/2015 9:59:41 AM

De cats, elephants, chimps & birds are some of de animals dat use science & technology. De moment u come next to avocado tree. u realise dat de avocados are too high to pick by hand from de ground, also from observation u realise de branches are not strong enough to support your weight to climb so u know its not safe to climb de tree but still u want de fruits on it. Yu then dicide to cut a long stick put a hook on it & use it to get de avocados from de tree. Dat is science & technology. Bless

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/27/2015 11:59:34 AM

Dear Black Heart,

Yes, I think the science you have described I would completely support.

I guess that I am to an extent indoctrinated by the babylon idea of science. The science that we learnt at school.

Understanding the wider definition of science, I am definately in support of the areas that you identified.

But, personally I will never support pharmaceutical science,

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I