Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6004&start_row=21

Science and Spirit

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/24/2015 7:30:32 PM

Science of Spirituality

Studying the Iself to find what is best for own body and spirit.
Observing the knowledge of that which inspires spirituality.[Nature and H.I.M]

Its all about balance.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/25/2015 4:41:00 PM

Balance.

I do agree that the majority of humanity is far separated from nature. So attached to technology and screens that the only way for these people to get information is through technology instead of just living it.. This makes I think of when Bob Say "Well it seem like total destruction, the only solution"

Nature has begun to and will continue to assert itself to re-balance Human detachment.. Not all hear the call, even fewer answer.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/25/2015 5:25:25 PM

Completely discarding technology is also an extreme and not balance.
Bob also said "Too much of anything is not good".And technology is something that also can be used for evil or good.
In that song Berhane sings about total destruction the only solution and no one can stop them now,about technology being used for evil specifically.Not simply the use of modern things itself.

-- " As you know, leadership is required in all fields and no field is without its usefulness. During Our visits, however, to the educational institutions of our country, We have noticed, in answer to Our enquiries, that the percentage of students pursuing courses of study useful for the development of technology and industry, has been extremely low. We have, therefore, counselled you to take up technological and industrial courses in preparing for an overall programme. The reason for Our introducing this topic at present is that We have found the number of those receiving degrees in technological subjects today to be very small indeed, and wish to impress upon you all that it is Our desire to see a much larger number of Our young people benefiting from the resources We have on Our own and have received as aid from abroad, and graduating in the fields of technology and industrial education."

-Haile Selassie I --

Though I fully Raspect and commend total I-tal livity with not even metal or glas etc.
I don't think that detachment from nature or spiritual corruption comes from modern technology or civilization itself.Cause it's not that living in nature without modern things automatically means these people are righteous or one with JAH.
Ones may live in nature naturally yet still be mentally and spiritually corrupt and seperate from JAH.And ones may use modern technology and drive a car and surf on the internet and still be upfull and in the spiritual Ites.Excessive use of technology or the use therof for evil purposes is the fruits not the root of the problem.The root is the mindset or evil intention of the people themselves.Physical,mental,and spiritual must be in accord.It's not true to say for example that ones have to live in nature without technology etc.and ones will automatically become spiritually and mentally righteous.But "work ceaselessy for material and spiritual progress",as JAH say.

Blessed I

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/26/2015 1:46:27 AM

Dear Ras Nate,

I have one question for the idea of good intentions = good "advancement"

Well, take for example the pharmaceutical industry. OBVIOUSLY NOT ALL, but some people have genuinely good intentions, for example someone who has left school to study making new drugs.

They think that they are doing good, and their intentions are excellent (NB that this is not the case for every babylon doctor!!!).

I would, however, in my opinion say that they are misguided. Good intentions but misguided.

I just ask to what extent you accept technological "advancements". If the answer is having good intentions, one can have good intentions but be seriously misguided.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/26/2015 2:08:15 AM

"Too much of anything is not good" Ras Nate

The case for almost everything, but would you say that this is the case for seperation from babylon itself? In my opinion, you cannot be too extreme in seperation from babylon ways.

I have started collecting my own water from a local spring. I have many people say "that is a step too far". Well, I don't think I should have to bow to any amount of babylonn indoctrination.

I still think that technology may have unforseen effects on the spiritual awareness.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/26/2015 9:05:49 AM

Rasta people. Science is de way of life fo mankind. Science & contiousness is one ting Sister so don't treat it as two different opposite fields fo dat will confuse u. Ones haffe stop refferin to some people as science fo every human is a scientist. Spirituality wporks togeda with science which is conciousness. Those analysis dat de I Sister make between de word science & spirituality shows dat de I is usin science despite tryin to dis science. RASTA is science. Ital livity is science. seen

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2015 10:16:56 AM

Humble One: "They think that they are doing good, and their intentions are excellent (NB that this is not the case for every babylon doctor!!!). I would, however, in my opinion say that they are misguided. Good intentions but misguided."

I would argue that the misguided statement is also 'not the case for every one' Just think; the doctors in Shashe are misguided? or certain RastafarI conscious science people like Dr Kailash is misguided?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RlQJ4NnGNI

Cant be.

I agree with what Black Heart, and His Majesty, have said

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/26/2015 12:12:56 PM

Humble One,

I don't see ones who try to create new medicine to heal certain illness wich could not be healed otherwise as misguided.IMO there is nothing wrong with creating medicine to save people's lives.It is different though when ones are creating drugs that destroy people or make diseases in order to make profit.
This is again about the personal intentions.What makes people with good intentions who experiment and study in order to save lives misguided?
Just because the medicine they make is not 100% natural from the earth doesn't mean it is evil or misguided,if there is no other option to cure a certain illness.

Using pharmaceuticals where I-tal and natural would suffice is something else and is indeed being misguided.But we must agree that there are many diseases where that wouldn't suffice,so how could trying to make a cure yourself be misguided?
I accept technological advancements to the extent of anything wich can help mankind and I burn everything that is built to cause harm to mankind.

--------------------------------------
" Too much of anything is not good"
Ras Nate

The case for almost everything, but would you say that this is the case for seperation from babylon itself? In my opinion, you cannot be too extreme in seperation from babylon ways
-------------------------------------

No there can't be too much of seperation from Babylon,since Babylon itself in any extent is too much.What I meant is that too much of technology mixed with confusion is bad.But technology itself is not evil,only if used for evil purposes.
And Babylon uses all things not to help mankind but for their own greedy interests and evil intentions.Technology itself is not Babylon coz Babylon can't be used to do good.And technology can.

RasTafarI

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/26/2015 1:28:04 PM

Dear All,

I hace to say, it would be very hypocritical of me to not admit that Haile Selassie I is god in flesh, as I have before used many quotes in the "caucasians becoming rastafari" thread about his take on the significance of race.

It would be selective hearing to hear the bit about "the colour of a mans skin being of no more significance than the colour of his eyes" and not some of the words that you have posted from HIM.

I guess that when I see babylon, I see lots of people's Spiritual visions distorted, and I also see lots of technological advancements. So I put the two toghether. But I guess that HIM can see the bigger picture, just like in my opinion he can about race.

Similar to when we were talking about race it was a common argument that "Why should we trust the white man after what he has done up until now?" I can draw a parallel to this, in that "why should I trust technology after what it has done up until now".

But I guess I must accept that HIM can see the bigger picture on this.

----------------------------------------------------

"But we must agree that there are many diseases where that (Ital food +herbs) wouldn't suffice,so how could trying to make a cure yourself be misguided?" - Ras Nate

I may be becoming a bit more leniant on technology, but I will always disagree strongly with pharmaceuticals. I do not agree that there are many diseases where it wouldn't suffice.

Thing is, I see many people who may try a herb or a specific disease, and say that it doesn't work. Often this herb comes completely devitalized in the form of pill; it no longer has a spirit. Yet, what is actually making them ill is the fact that what they are eating day to day is systemic poison to the body and spirit.

I have never seen anyone go completely pure ie no aluminium pots, only clay pots, raw ital livity in response to a disease. If people ACUTALLY DID this, then it would work, but they can't think about it; THEY HAVE TO DO it. As I said, I have seen people try herbs but never really get off the poison altogether. Even the water supply has chemicals in; if they got off everything then YES, it would work.

And I genuinely believe that JAH gave man all that he needs in terms of seed bearing herbs, plants and trees for living on this earth. I don't think, even with good intentions, that creating a pharmaceutical "cure" can be beneficial, for JAH didn't make these. He has already given us the answers, just no one actually does them.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/26/2015 1:43:34 PM

(continution of second part)

Ask yourself, if you are still on the babylon poison to ANY degree, even just drinking it's water, and you are sick, do you not think you should first look to eliminating this before creating a "cure"? JAH made everything we need, just people don't use it.

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I