Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5960&start_row=1

Totems

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/15/2015 2:25:46 AM

What is your totem?

Do whiteman have totems???I dont think so

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 6:04:49 AM

Haile Selassie I a de Totem

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/15/2015 1:22:28 PM

lol...A totem is an Animal Spirit signifying a spirituality.Iman of the Shoko totem(i.e the baboon)and in the Karanga culture the Shoko are di high priests and were the first people to salute the Sun as it rise in the morning.

Some have the Fish totem,some the lion,some the eland,some the heart,some the zebra etc

Sorry for this English language dat limits we on how to express the true meaning of words.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 1:57:25 PM

True.....

Well my father hail from the Lion tribe

Lion totem!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 1:59:35 PM

Lion is self explanatory

Explain the Shoko brethren enlighten me about I people

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/15/2015 4:18:00 PM

The Shoko totem people are the high priest,i.e spirit mediums,we call them mhondoro or svikiro.The people of the Shoko totem administrate at cultural ceremonies and coronation,just like how you see the Abuna crown H.I.M.

The svikiro usually from the Shoko totem work together with the Mhofu totem(eland)at these ceremonies.

Mhondoro is also a Lion Spirit,and H.I.M is a Mhondoro in Karanga.

The baboon(Shoko totem)is a sacred animal,if killed rain nuh fall,hence we di Shoko are called rainmakers.

The Hungwe(di bird on Zim flag)is also a sacred bird which lead our forefathers from Kemet down to Dzimbabwe,(Note:the word Zimbabwe means house of stones)and it rested at Matopo(I prefer to call it Mabwe edziva meaning rocks of the pool)where they buried Evil John Rhodes.
So the people of the Hungwe totem(di eagle)are also sacred people

There are many totems to talk of and its tribal and unfortunately many Afrikans in di die-aspora have lost these roots and now only have to link thru di Lion totem of H.I.M

Di Rastas who Howell saw at H.I.M coronation were these Afrikan spirit mediums who went to dat coronation mystikally.We call Ithiopia,Guruuswa in Karanga,Tanganyika for central Afrika now Tanzania,and "Kwavanhu"(meaning to human beings)for Kemet.

Haile I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2015 7:56:14 PM

Before Christianity, at least some, if not most Europeans had a concept of totems.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/16/2015 1:24:39 AM

ummm,Its debatable Ark I

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 3:54:22 PM

Yes I, white people had/have totems. Like Ark I said, "Before Christianity, at least some, if not most Europeans had a concept of totems."

Before Christianity, most of the European cultures had shamanic troditions, where they had animal totems and such. If ya look into the different "Coats of Arms of Europe" the I will see animal totems on the coat of arms. On the coat of arms of countries, and on the coat of arms of families, there are still totems.
Blessings

Messenger: Striker1s Sent: 9/19/2019 5:26:59 AM

Animal totems play huge roles in our lives. They aid in self-discovery and capture our imagination, giving us incredible avenues of self-expression and awareness.If you want to find out who is your true totem animal and you need to check the meaning of all
totems
animals and choose the most compatible with you

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I