Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5849&start_row=1

A bredren's unorthodox slant on Christianity

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/5/2014 6:07:03 PM

Iman was reasoning with I Christian bredren today and he was telling I how he sights Jes'us.The bredren said he doesn't believe in jesus, but acknowledges jesus as his redeemer, as the character of Jesus taught him how to live in love and be a righteous person.So basically its similar to how InI sight christ like irits in a real man but he sights it in a perhaps fictional man.

Iman just wondering if this is common perception amongst christians or is it just him?Do any of the I know ones who sight Jesus through Irits alone?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/5/2014 6:17:39 PM

Most or I prolly could say ALL Christians I know believe in Jesus as a REAL GodMan not just as an inspiration to live 'good' as many don't try to live 'good'. I can see weh d bredren comin from.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 10/5/2014 6:36:48 PM

Yes Iya VDR and JAHcub, InI sight what the Idem is saying, although I-man am sure many of the Idren here know InI take on this 'jesus' character. Therefore, we shall let that dog sleep at the moment.

Around InI locale, 'christians' do not even acknowledge JAH, much less give JAH thanks and praises. They always say, Thank you jesus. Jesus protect me, belief in jesus is the only way to heaven, you have to be baptized in a church in jesus name or you go to hell, etc. They even say jesus came and sense then none of the OT matters. Things like that.

Most christians I have to deal with/be around, talk about how jesus taught love, blah blah blah, but in the next sentence say jesus please kill all the Muslims and make them burn in hell eternally. I guess they completely miss the message of Christianity, which if done correctly (by studying the entire LIEble, OT and NT can/could have some redeeming qualities. They are just too wrapped up in poli-tricks and babylonian brainwash. One cannot serve 2 masters.

It seem from InI Experiences that the Bredren in question is in a minority of christians.

Bless UP. Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/5/2014 6:43:46 PM

as the character of Jesus taught him how to live in love and be a righteous person

As long as it never taught him to turn da cheek and turn pacifist all accepting of babylon in dis Gideon. I redeemer come as a mighty Lion. Furthermore, Garvey say to sight the redeemer through your own eyes. And jesus doesn't look to familiar. NOBODY in the I Istory, was name 'jesus.' Some things make no sense

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/6/2014 6:01:28 AM

That's what I found interesting at first because the bredren knows jesus didn't exist,if one replaced the name jesus with robin hood or peter pan the bredren would say his redeemer is peter pan,seen.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/6/2014 6:41:06 AM

jesus+bible+christianity=confusion

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/6/2014 7:26:52 PM

Give Ises for bringing this reasoning Iyah Bobobinghi.
One love I&I Kings. I&I Ipprecilove everyOne's comments so far. The I's are ever wise and Hailefull Lions. Fullbless.
Hahaha great point the I VDR makes about Robin Hood.
And I&I must be ever accurate in speech; it is one thing to say that the stories of Jesus teach good morals, or is an example of redemption, while it is an entirely other thing to say that Jesus is the redeemer.
Iwombman do partially agree with the Christian guy in this instance! NOT in that I view Jesus as Iwombman personal redeemer, but that I find wiseItes and some truth in the stories and quotes the bible attributes to Jesus. Yet I have only slight evidence that a real person lived around the supposed time, with a similar name/life story. I have WAY more solid evidence that the actual stories in the lieble about Jesus are a hodgepodge of ancient myths and spiritual wise Ites, attributed UNtruthfully to this book's main character (not to mention many other bible stories). However, these most Incient stories are based up on real Iritical ideas and wise Ites, the metaphors and symbols of which are represented in the characters and events of these Neteru. Therefore, the stories about Jesus take on part of the value of the Incient teachings, because the content and phrasing is so similar.
And Abjanhjoy Qidus, through actually living as HaMassiach, portraying the traits attributed to Jesus and even other admirable traits NOT in the bible stories, this life of His Majesty is Iwombman Ixample of righteous living - yet HIM say HIM base on Iyasu. I know Ras Tafari also study Incient Ifrican teachings as well, and overstand these Ideas. So if HIM study and know KMT, but then come to the world saying Metshaf Qidus is the rallying point for all humanity, maybe HIM overstand it the same way the christian Idren reasoned with the I. Maybe HIM just uses the Orthodox Itiopian religion to portray these wiseItes because HIM people were already largely following that religion. In Overstanding the symbols and ideas behind the jeezus story/quotes, maybe HIM saw enough value in the ideas and chose to use this avenue rather than creating upheaval in HIM entire nation and the world by denouncing Ethiopian Orthodoxy. Iwombman sIght JAH Ras Tafari as deeper and more intelligent still than anyone who just blindly accept stories in a book; so whatever reason, HIM must have a good reason to uphold the Orthodox religion.
For Iwombman, I can see some value in Robin Hood and Peter Pan stories too. So in using I heart scales to weigh Truth, I&I can glean wiseItes from any story - jeezus story included. But to say that Jesus is the redeemer, that belief in itself goes against the message I glean from the Jesus stories. Each place I sIght the man in the bible, Jesus says things like, "I am in you, and you in me," and "I am the father, and the father is me," or "love one another as you love yourself," or "you are co-heirs in the King[Ites]" - these things show I that Jesus, if these are his real words, does not even view himself as the redeemer, but simply as part of the "father" or the origin, or the Whole. Part of JAH just as everything and everyOne is part of JAH.
One life and One love Iternally.
HaShem Echad.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/8/2014 1:54:50 PM

" you are healed by your faith"
" your faith had healed you"

Christ never took credit for one being healed or redeemed, he said one is healed by ones own power, faith...
To them he gave power to be Sons and Daughtas of the Most High

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/8/2014 2:21:07 PM

More to the story of Robin Hood dan Jesus. Maybe it betta dem call on him 4tru Jah child and bobobinghi

LION

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/8/2014 2:30:30 PM

Jesus never say anything Iriginal. Or do anything revolutionary. Rasta don't come to be crucified. Burn martyrdumb.

Take from the rich and give to the poor? Now gimme dat deh story!

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I