Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5750&start_row=1

My issue with the term "White Supremacy"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/22/2014 9:17:09 AM

This term, through the things it is applied to, implies that the supreme state of white people is one of racism, subjugation, and unjustness. As a white male living in such a way as to attain my supreme state, these things are simply untrue and the term therefore horribly inaccurate and insulting.

I am of course aware of whites who have adopted the term for their racist beliefs, fire on them.

It saddens me that Babylon's most powerful and perhaps most numerous supporters are of my race, and I overstand how easy it makes it to call it a white system. However, to label it as such is to discredit those of the white race who are in active opposition to "white supremacy."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2014 10:16:03 AM

White Supremecy UNJUSTLY SUBJUGATES on a RACIAL basis!
White Supremecy is what it is because of what it pushes and promotes, the Supremecy of whites and whites cultural practices, white education, white religion, white standards on other peoples. Not because of what individual white do but d system.
White Supremist hate groups are not White Supremecy, it's part of the con but d pro!
When whites socall fight white Supremecy they still usually may be unconsciously promoting it.

How does whites fight white Supremecy?

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/22/2014 10:33:52 AM

Whites fight against white supremacy by doing opposing the unjust subjugation on a racial basis. Abolitionists for starters, and anyone else who has ever realized that their place of privilege is unjustified and then worked in some way towards equality for all.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/22/2014 1:02:14 PM

It's also worth noting that unjust subjugation on any basis isn't an exclusively white past time.

I'm not arguing that the system doesn't exist I'm arguing the word sound power we apply to it.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2014 1:18:25 PM

Abolitionist? Monetary motives not all but d movement was politrikkal, not with fighting white Supremecy in mind.
In d US it was all about saving d union, even Lincoln himself said dat. Not fighting white Supremecy.
Emancipation, thousands of exslave basically left on their own, couldn't legally own land and dats in many places not jus US. No restorations, those that got formal education got educated in white educational system teachings, white religious teachings, no restoration of Black/Africaness teachings of any kind not religious not linguistical nothing, only Christianity and European Languages. No one sought to allow Blacks to have their own government to govern themselves they were still under white rule. In d US after d so call 'abolishment' after blacks had worked for free for 100s of years they go get everybody from Europe to migrate yah to work for the wages they ain wan pay blacks.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/22/2014 3:19:45 PM

So because they didn't abolish the system completely their efforts count for nothing? We are getting away from the point though, the term simply paints with too broad a brush.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2014 3:46:30 PM

Dr Neely Fuller who wrote the defining book of white supremacy says there are three type of people in this world

None white people
White people
and
White Supremacists

Also,

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2014 3:49:49 PM

White Supremacy (as a system) is the exact thing HIM was referring to which needs to be toppled and totally destroyed. UNTIL then, We will fight

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2014 4:10:07 PM

Slavery is only a portion of white supremecy!

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/22/2014 6:58:52 PM

Again... My issue is not with what "white supremacy" is or it's existence. My issue is that the label implies my entire race's complicity in it which is untrue and just wrong. No amount of defining what you mean by it changes this, you can't refer to specific groups with a general term, that's not how language works.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I