Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=575&start_row=1

Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2005 11:07:11 PM

I was reasoning with a Bobo RasTafarI Idren of mine about Gangsta Rap. I and I were reasoning about how Gangsta Rap is Babylon Propaganda and is being promoted to destroy the Black Youth living in Babylon. My Idren was also reasoning that certain people in high positions in the Rap industry have connections with the CIA.

Babylon is encouraging the youth to kill and abuse their brothers and sisters. Babylon has created and glorified this image for the youth to move towards. They don't even need to recruit Rappers to enslave the minds of the youth. The popularity of the image encourages youth to become skilled Gangsta Rappers and spread the message of Babylon to destroy future generations. Most don't even realize what they are doing, but are just following the accepted image.

Gangsta Rappers need to learn the ways of Jah and turn the table with the voice they have been given. They should be teaching the youth the ways of Jah and use their skills to bring them together as One, instead of dividing them.

Pop Music - Babylon Propaganda

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/1/2005 2:58:30 AM

Yes I! Yes I! I have been trying to express this concept for quite some time now. That were this whole concept of "acting black". What the hell is acting black. How exactly does black act? It's created a millions of dollars in the fahsion industry because now that they've adopted the "acting black" we now have to dress black. SO black acts and dresses a certain way now, and every black youth with a hoodie is a baller, and raps and pimps woman. Wonderful. I have even heard songs that the rappers openly admit to living wrong and give no thought to it. THe ghetto has deteriated the minds of the black youth, and they na go know themself until them back against the wall! The image so heavily projected, I have seen snoop dog on cell phone commercials and what not. Gangsta rap needs to be abolished.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/1/2005 9:46:54 AM

I disbeleive this message, Gangsta Rap, is for the people that fit into that section of living. Before gangsta their was hip hop but then things happened in the streets of the United States like the dealing of drugs or say the LA riots!? Gangsta Rap is not from Babylon, they may promote drugs in such but not for propaganda or any reason its because they do it and they like the feeling. Besides some of these rappers are talkin to the media saying how they want peace on their streets like "The Game". Thought many others like "Lil' Jon" and other southern Crunk rappers may not talk agaisnt the street but its really simply party & figting music. I know some of you may not understand this because you may not live in the area or country. Babylon it self has called out rappers for such songs as "Cop Killa" by Ice-T, and the former group NWA. Gangsta Rap I beleive was the first ANTI-Babylon movement, from the hip-hop from NYC in its beginning they wa expressin how they feel on THEIR life, unlike talkin about religous tings or how people should live they talk about how we are living. I respect the fact that many rappers out their are not worth anything with lyrics of non-sense but others that are real, you cannot after reviewing the facts say they are connected to Babylon, maybe their company but if you pay attention to whats been happening in these past decades is less restrictions on their music so THEY can say what THEY want not their company.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/1/2005 10:33:42 AM

leave rap alone,if you want to abolished something then you should abolish crack, meth, pcp and all these road block that have the people beliveing that they have to sell drugs to live.Abolish the lact of hope that isin the ghetto and the saying people like, die broke or sell dope.Bring something for the kids to do after school(and not just something for them to play with,but something they may get some life skills from) and bring all schools to the same learing standard. The cia and other groups have done the some thing to rap as they have done with regga music.Rap is a art or storytelling, like on t.v somethings are not for kids. i do not want anyone telling me how to get my word across(unless they are spelled wrong..lol.).I donot see black people haveing away or acting(beining all the sameway).The Hip-hop culture dose make me sad some times,the way that the women have half there close on ,the men act like gangster,but gangster don't act.And about "acting black", true black people are rasta, rasta come from africa, that gangsterism come from europeanings rapping the world of it culture, take note i did not say white people or caucasoid people.I fill like ark I posted HIM say we most become a new race.

onelove

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/1/2005 11:29:21 AM

I submit the following:

babylon did not create what we here in gangsta rap cuz "babylon got no fruit" (words of Bob Marley)

babylon capitalized on the miseducation of our youth THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN A CAPITALISTIC SOCIETY

Gansta Rap shouldn't teach Jah laws. We as a people should teach Jah laws and the fruit of our labor will shew forth a different nectar

The music don't make the culture, the culture make the music

Socialized conditioning and institutionalized miseducation is the result of participation in government programs that are offered under two false pretenses:

pretense #1: assistance is free (we have paid for assistance with the lives of our people for generations to come)

pretense #2: assistance is assistance (you can help a person or a people into helplessness)

By participating in this folly, we have allowed our people to be miseducated (because we didn't educate ourselves) in the following areas: nutrition (govt programs are centered around free meal programs), financial illiteracy (rhetoric of education emphasizes consumption as the driving stimulus to compete and/or exist), moral decay (repeated exposure to animalistic behavior such as nursing on cow's milk, nursing after age 2, bonding children to stuffed animals, consumption of animal products and carsenagenic)

As far as rappers utilizing their voice to teach Jah laws, that is impossible because they don't know Jah laws themselves. If they do and continue to produce this noise, they are Babylonian Capitalist Pawns. A tire and some gasoline will surfice.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/1/2005 11:33:15 AM

I agree that rap should not be abolished, and I am not even reasoning about abolishing Gangsta Rap, because the youth need those people to teach them about Jah. If Gangsta Rap was abolished, then Babylon would just figure out another form of propaganda. The Gangsta Rappers already have the popularity to influence the youth, their voice is loud, so I would not want that voice to be taken away.

My message is for them to turn the table and teach righteousness to the youth. If they do, the youth will follow their example.

I just read the Sistren's message and I want to add something. That is why I said that they need to learn the ways of Jah, and then they will be able to teach it to the youth.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/1/2005 12:05:56 PM

The main message of Gangsta rap is natural authority of the free man who overcomes the system.
How can a rasta not love this music? Probably you don't understand it.
Listen to Why by Jadakiss, and other songs by him.
Crunk rappers are also about livity and upfulness.

Very soon you will see rap get more and more conscious, because it is already happening. Nas is one of the leaders.

You have to understand the context of gangsta rap. It is a reaction to brainwashing. Youths in America are programmed from the earliest age to conform and place their hopes in Big Brother (Uncle Sam).
Gangsta rappers are those who take a stand against the system.

Tupac Shakur is one of the most powerful so far...."It's time for us as a people to make a change. Change the way we live, change the way we think, change the way we treat eachother. The old way wasn't working so it's on us to do what we gotta do, to survive....."

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/1/2005 12:56:31 PM

I dont think Gangsta Rap should teach Jah law's because only I's teach Jah law's and we dont speak of killing and creating misfortunes, I think Rap is Rap lets people do as they want if they do not want to connect to the lifestyle's of thee I's. The people who are apart of this care not for us as we care for them. We educate and they worry about dope on the street.

Rap I think is built apon the Idea of rebelion and oppisition so if I told them to speak of righteousnous they wouldnt, because it is not what they beleive.

They promote drugs & liqour because Babylon influenced them as a youth with them drugs and liqour. So we direct attention to educate the youths, you cant educate everythough because not everyone wants or will give time to listen. And we are not christians we are not going to force peoples to join are cause.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/1/2005 3:57:01 PM

I said Gangsta Rap should be abolished, not rap. Rap comes from Afirka but the rappers have lost root. Yes they are supporting babylon, and yes babylon has fruit, but its rotten. I'm talking about lil jon and others. I happen to like KRS 1, Mr. lif, Killa Priest,.... but we've got these black men trying to fit an exact description of a violent, woman oppresing drug dealer. This is crap. They have taken the chains off of their feet and wrapped them around their necks. Still slaves.

And yes it is a tool of Babylon, just was the beatles back in the 70's. We have to understand that wether is rap or a barber shop movie, it is exploiting black people. The police can no longer publicly beat down the black man, so instead we feed the masses images through tv and rap.

The word nigger means ignorant, the word nigga means dead.

All the songs today are flooded with this filth. And I couldn't care less who made it, babylon or my freakin next door neighbor, I don't care, it is vial. The hard cocaine influenced rythms are noot of the 1,2 order, the order of life. The minds are softened by the trance like sounds then the minds are infiltrated with violence, lust, and other little joys.

This "music" does not keep the teachings of life, instead of preserving life it destorys life, the life inside of us while we live.

I will have nothing to do with gangsta folly. Youths dying over a block they don't even own.

Ras Zion I

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/1/2005 4:08:18 PM

gangster rap is rap.even krs 1 had a rap called criminal minded.n.w.a f- the police had lyric speaking about how the cop treat black men in the innercity.still i see what you are saying,but with out gangster rap half the stroy would be told.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I