Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5717&start_row=31

Science proves existence of Kemetic Gods

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 115
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/16/2014 8:09:38 PM

Before you took delivery of this body what was there? There was no knowledge, there was nothing, only conscious awareness.

Explain this
And are you saying 2 year olds don't have conscious awareness? Yet from the minute a baby is born, the child will BAWL to be fed from it's mother

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 4:34:46 AM

Greetings GARVEYS AFRICA

No, I'm saying there is ONLY conscious awareness. A child of two does have conscious awareness. But the awareness is limited to the reflection in consciousness. It is not aware of any concepts such god, birth or death they are not in the child. The child is pure, clean, unspoilt, uncorrupted, the child is conscious from the moment it is conceived in the womb and has a certain kind of awareness. Even when the child is born he is not aware that he is hungry theses are just instinctual reactions of the body, hence the reason why the baby knows instinctively to suckle. The bawling of the child is only a reaction of this food body, it cannot survive without food. In the womb it did not need to worry since it was fed intravenously off a continuous supply of nourishment from the host body. Now the moment it is released it is cut off from this supply hence the reason why it starts bawling. It is aware that it's food supply has been cut just as it would be aware of it's mother withdrawing the breast. But the child is not doing this, it is all happening by itself spontaneously. The idea that you are a doer is illusory, you are not doing anything, the body does what it does spontaneously and naturally by itself. It is only after when you have gathered the information that has been given to you or inherited or acquired from the others that you start to build a personality and the person the individual becomes apparent, apparently with an independent existence. The individual person is an illusion and born out of ignorant. There is no such thing as an individual person, it only appears that way, in reality it does not exist. It is all one consciousness and it functions as a total. The consciousness is pure in the beginning and pure in the end, in between it gets contaminated by thoughts, ideas, concepts and belief systems, born out of the commerce of ignorant obedience. What is the primary concept? That concept which underpins all other concepts? It is the principle prior to this birth, that you exist, not has a body but as pure awareness and what is the nature of this awareness? It is existence, consciousness, bliss. This body is at the root of all your problems and must be seen for what it is in order to transcend it and be free of the cycle of birth and death which is to suffer. In reality nobody is dying and nobody is being born. What you are witness to is only a play of the consciousness. But through lack of experience we identify with the individual doer and become bound by this concept of individuality, therefore we find ourselves in bondage. There is no release until there is understanding. It is like learning how to drive, whilst you are learn you must be alert. When you can get from A to B whilst operating the controls and without crashing you have understood the principle of driving, hence the reason why sometimes you can get in your car drive from A to B and not remember any of the journey. It is all done by itself spontaneously.

Selah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/17/2014 5:23:26 AM

Seen. I can overs rasta

I don't let go of I physical though. I am I consciousness. I am also I body, down to every last cell atom string and brane. I overs too that I body has a subconscious which control instinctive behaviour, which isn't external to I, it is a part of I. I body physical have a parasympathetic nervous system, responsible for the many synapse transmissions of the digestive system; causing the 'instinctive' reaction to make the baby - or I - bawl fe hungry. This subconscious awareness is a part of I. IF you chopped and removed part of I physical brain or nervous system which control dem part deh..... all grey and white matter..... that 'conscious awareness' would no longer exist. It can't exist without the physical. More time people are not 'conscious' of the inner workings of their digestive system, or even the need to breathe, or your heart to beat. Again, a few Ixamples of the many many things that run in our physical subconscious parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, without any higher cognition or awareness; every second all the while. As far as the baby knowing how the suckle - Dats I Genetic memory (& some natural selection if you buy into that)..... I genetic encoding of instruction from the ancestors. The same way the African in bondage instinctively created his own language and creole which paralleled the tongue of the ancestors whom I never knew, instinctively.

So when you say conscious awareness is all there is, there is no body..... I move from dat deh point. I body is I I consciousness is I, I subconsciousness is I; I ancestor is I, RastafarI.

Garvey I I

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 2:43:19 PM

Greetings Garvey I-I

"I don't let go of I physical though. I am I consciousness. I am also I body, down to every last cell atom string and brane."

No bredrin you have misunderstood, you are consciousness you are not the body. The body only exists in your mind. The body is invariably absent when the mind is in abeyance. In other words when your mind is engaged in thought or deep sleep you are not aware of your body.

"IF you chopped and removed part of I physical brain or nervous system which control dem part deh..... all grey and white matter..... that 'conscious awareness' would no longer exist."

First and foremost, there is awareness, then there is consciousness; in this consciousness there is the mind, in this mind there is the body and the world. If you cut and chop the grey matter nothing happen to the consciousness, if we were in a room together and some gun man came in and shot me dead, nothing as happened to the consciousness; otherwise you could not be there to witness it. If the consciousness was the grey matter, then to cut one would kill all. There is only one consciousness, it is not your consciousness or my consciousness; it is just one whole.

"It can't exist without the physical."

If it can't exist without the physical then how did it come to be in the first place? There must have been something there for the manifestation to have appeared. What I'm expounding here cannot be grasp by the mind, you need to realise what you are aside the mind. This self effulgent present, what is it? If three people are in a room and these three people leave; what is left is that. Now to the mind, it is incomprehensible. Similarly if I've got three cup and in two of them I put a physical object and the third I put nothing; to the mind only two of those cups have something in them, but in actuality there is something in all three. If I ask you to give me a sample of your beingness, how are you going to present it to me? You cannot simply because it is not an object in consciousness.
The problem is you take that which is inside to be outside and that which is outside to be inside . Your thoughts and feelings are external, but once you identify with the individual they become intimate. Go back to your childhood consciousness before it got contaminated. What is that childhood consciousness ? It does not know itself as anything, it is a tabula rasa; clean. There is no imprint at all until its parents start pumping information into the it. This is your name, this is your family; you live and belong here. This is your country, your nation; your tribe and so on.

"Again, a few Ixamples of the many many things that run in our physical subconscious parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, without any higher cognition or awareness; every second all the while."

Where there is knowledge, there is its counterpart, which is ignorance.
All knowledge is superimposed on to the consciousness, true knowledge is to abide in oneself which is pure to begin with. I,I consciousness is without form, there is nobody. But the self. What is this self? It is the mind without its content. Mind without memory content is pure self. What has happened? It has move out in search of itself, it has collected all this content such as the name; family, tribe and history and mistaken it for itself. All that is nothing but memory. Once that principle prior to this birth leaves the body, all that memory content that you have amassed such as your body, family; tribe, personality and the history, all this goes into oblivion. Just like when you go into deep sleep, this person; this individual also goes into oblivion. In deep sleep there is no knowledge. You are free from all that, you are at rest; peace, consciousness bliss. There is no disturbance from the mind and it's identities. Your consciousness is like a mirror, it simply reflects that which is in front of it. To understand to the fullness you must rid yourself of all stains, individual identity and conceptualisations. Your identify rest with the consciousness alone. This world and all it's content is nothing but smoke. Turn you attention on yourself; the only reality and the world and its content will eventually disappear. You are not in this appearance at all. The subject cannot be an object in consciousness. You stand alone as pure awareness, you are only a witness. Everything you see, hear; touch, smell and taste is all illusion. In fact, from an absolute stand point there is only you in existence. The others cannot dispute this because their existence needs to be verified by you first. And when you do verify them you realise that they only
exist in your consciousness as an individual because you have identified yourself with the individual. Understand that it is not the body that has consciousness, it is the consciousness which assumes innumerable forms. There is only consciousness awareness. This consciousness you can call it whatever you like, names do not matter since they are irrelevant in the absolute.

By what light do you see? It is by the sun by day and the lamp by night. By what light do you see these lights? It is by the eye. By what light do you see the eye? It is by the mind. By what light do you see the mind? It is by the self effulgent light of awareness. That means that you are the light of all lights. This body that you identity with is limited, it is not permanent. Your true identify is that which is permanent, that which never dies and is never born, it is free of all idiosyncrasies of the body/mind nexus. Until this is understood, there can be no release from the cycle of birth and death. To be born into consciousness, is to suffer and die; to be conscious and aware is life eternal.

Selah

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/17/2014 4:12:36 PM

I deg d I on some a d I points dats d reason why I ask d I where does dis teaching come from! Cause it shows my reason for asking cause d I use terminology dat must have come from somewhere which d I most deffinately didn't come yah wit!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/17/2014 7:14:09 PM

People get stuck in the metaphysical which could never exist without the physical

When I sleep I am aware of I body. That why if I were to be spoken to or pushed - I would wake up. Just because I am not cognitively aware does not mean that I am not aware. This was what I was referring to the parasympathetic nervous system for.

Maybe what you define consciousness as is different. I sight you more mean LIFE ENERGY when you describe it. Or thats what I would name it, there is only one life - and energy cannot be created or destroyed. 100%. But I would argue consciousness can... I consciousness wasn't there before I....... according to the definition, from the latin 'to know.' I would also then say its not everybody who has a higher consciousness/ not everybody is aware of the truth or of reality.

Rasta say one life
You say one consciousness or one conscious awareness
- maybe its the same thing de i is describing with different name

FARI

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 7:50:30 PM

Greetings VoodooRuutz

This knowledge comes from
the self but ordinarily it gets covered with a thousand and one concepts. For this knowledge to rise to the surface, you must use your faculty of discrimination and investigate yourself thoroughly. Nobody can give you this knowledge; it must be sought out by yourself. Once you start chipping away at all the coverings you have gathered or acquired unto yourself; your true nature will come to the surface. But you must do this diligently and with an earnest conviction to know the truth. What is in the seed is only secondary; relative knowledge; self knowledge is absolute and fundamental, it is not contained within the seed, it is seedless in itself and of itself. An example of secondary knowledge; you have a coffee table, this coffee table is made out of wood; this wood is called oak wood; this oakwood comes from the oak tree; where does this oak tree come from? The seed. All these names constitute the knowledge which as emanated out of the seed. Remember, you have not come from the seed because you have witnessed the seed, so the seed and what is in the seed cannot be you. Similarly what is this body? It is just the knowledge which has emanated from the juice mixture, semen from the seed bag and the seed or the egg if you like from the ovaries. Out of this seed and juice mixture comes the names; skin, bone, flesh. Blood, veins, marrow; DNA, cells. These are all concept that amalgamate and form the concept of the body. Then there is the knowledge "I am" I am this; I am that" I am A Christian, a Muslim; a Buddha, a Hindu. These are the various skins that we cloak ourselves in for an identity.
Not many people will have the capacity to understand what I'm expounding here because their identity is so strong with the individual entity, which of course is no entity at all, since it does not exist. When you understand that it is all one and that the world and you are not separate; you and god are not separate, you realise god and the self are the same; as a matter of fact there is no god besides you. The mistake lies in thinking that you occupy a world that is separate from yourself with other people. In reality you are all alone and only aware of what is in your consciousness. A world beyond your consciousness is only inference born out of ignorance and perpetuated by the imagination. The world and all the others reside in that consciousness. This whole universe as appeared because of you presence in this body form. If there is no body there is no world. Each and every one of us have our own private worlds governed by desires and fears. Thoughts and feelings race before the watcher of this world in an endless succession, leaving traces on the brain and forming mental groves which are then identified with. These mental groves must be iron out before they form patterns and become repetitive; tethering you indefinitely to the embodiment of the consciousness. Understand this fact and you can do as you please in your world.

Selah

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 8:35:38 PM

Greetings Garvey Africa

"People get stuck in the metaphysical which could never exist without the physical"

The metaphysical does not exist at all, it is only an abstract ideas. I'm talking in actuality. The metaphysical is based on speculation and abstract reasoning and is contained in the memory only. Actuality is something entirely different in that it is happening here and now. Ponder this bredrin; In a moment the actual will be remembered; a moment ago the remembered was actual. All that you are witness to happens here and now, not in the past and not in the future. It happens spontaneously in the now.

"When I sleep I am aware of I body. That why if I were to be spoken to or pushed - I would wake up. Just because I am not cognitively aware does not mean that I am not aware. This was what I was referring to the parasympathetic nervous system for."

Unless you are in waking sleep you cannot possibly be aware of your body. The parasympathetic nervous system is not you, it is merely a mechanism that aids the functioning of the body, it is a regulator and a function of the brain. What happens in deep sleep is this, when you fall asleep part of your brain shuts down since there is no need for it to be running on full power hence the "parasympathetic nervous system" kick in as a response to to the body falling into sleep. During this time your brain consciousness is suspended, until the waking state is resumed. Whether you wake up when push or spoken to depends entirely on the depth of your sleep, the deeper you are in sleep the less chance there is of you waking on disturbance. I am not saying that you cannot be aware in your sleep, since I've experience this phenomenon myself so I'm speaking out of my own experience.

So when you say you are aware of the body whilst it sleeps, can you see your body lying on a bed in a room whilst it sleeps?

Selah

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 8:39:10 PM

Greetings Garvey Africa

"You say one consciousness or one conscious awareness
- maybe its the same thing de i is describing with different name"

It is the same thing, as you say, it is just the names that differs.

Selah

Messenger: seektruth Sent: 9/17/2014 9:01:19 PM

Greeting Garvey Africa

"there is only one life - and energy cannot be created or destroyed. 100%. But I would argue consciousness can... I consciousness wasn't there before I......"

There is only one life and energy - and this life and energy is the consciousness; it is this that cannot be destroyed. Bredrin, the I is the consciousness. Like I said, there must be something there prior to the body in order for the body to have manifested in the first place. What can this be other than the consciousness. First you have to be conscious to be aware of your body. When you wake out of deep sleep, the first thing you become aware of is that you are awake; then you become aware of your body, not before. The body as become apparent because of that which cannot be manifested. Similarly, What you cannot think about causes thought and what you cannot feel causes feeling.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 115

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I