Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5503&start_row=11

Egyptian Pharaohs were Nazarites Africans

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/10/2014 3:40:04 PM

Garveys Africa, where has the I learned about this temple? I&I want to look into that further...
if the Biblical story of Joseph is true, and he became a high ranking official in the government of Egypt, it would make sense that he learned some of their theology.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2014 5:51:56 PM

Unfortunately much of the Temple was attacked by savage Eurasian opportunists. Many of the relics including two stone Lions are now based on show in the British Museum. What the Museum holds in its quarters not for public viewing is another story....

Still, information can be found all over about Amenhotep III and the 18th Dynasty. The same Dynasty which started with the Great NTGR Ahmose I who drove the wicked Hyksos (described by many scholars as the real Israelites) back out of Egypt, and regained African control after 2 centuries of foreign rule.

It's also interesting that he is the father of Akhenaten - with his 'Monotheistic' revival.

So we find the Hyksos; Akhenaten, and the word Yaweh in his fathers Temple, all around the same time period...Food for thought at least.

Some Info specifically on the Temple and the writing your interested in:

http://www.divine-name.info/archaeology/soleb.htm
http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/nubiaandsudan/nubiapastandpresent/gallery1/view.html?p=76
http://biblicalanthropology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-nubian-context-of-yhwh.html

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/11/2014 1:55:44 PM

Giving thanks, this is so interesting. The link to the biblical anthropology blog especially.
Hotep, guidance. Blessed love.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 1:02:46 AM

"Since we have no record of them ever referring to themselves as NAzarites I dont think we can make this assumption."

Its not an assumption it is what was written thousands of years ago. There are many facts and records of things. Go do research first before assuming things to be of no record.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 1:22:29 AM

"Joseph is true, and he became a high ranking official in the government of Egypt, it would make sense that he learned"

Sure and he had to make his hair into dreadlocks before he could be ranked as a High official

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 3:32:10 AM

This Clearly shows Joseph must be a Nazarite now the Pharaoh sent them to cut Joseph's hair because the Pharaoh was a Nazarite, and Joseph is to be the one that must succeed all the Pharaoh's magicians and wise men of Egypt. Pharaoh told them his dreams but no one could interpret them for him. So he heard of Joseph from his chief cupbearer. Joseph was still in prison and Joseph knew what was going to happen. Because this is what happened:

And it came to pass after some time, that the cupbearer of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt.
And Pharaoh was against the two of his officers, against the chief of the cupbearers, and against the chief of the bakers.
And he put them in the same place where Joseph was bound.

Genesis 40:1-3

And further reads that the chief baker shall die in verse nineteen.

Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.

And in Numbers we can read the orders Egyptian Priests and Priestesses had to go through before they could be priests or priestesses.

Here the Bible says we must grow our DreadLocks

Numbers 6:5
All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

Numbers 6:9
And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.

It is clear the Pharaoh was a Nazarite and upon freeing Joseph, the Pharaoh gave orders that he obey the Nazarite vow and grow the dreadlocks of his head Cleanly.

Genesis 41:14
Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his clothes, and came in unto Pharaoh.

Here in the Bible Book of Leveticus it is written concerning the rules of priests and what they had to do:

Leveticus 21:5
They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

Clearly the Pharaohs were following these orders and Moses was an Egyptian so Moses knew these rules and laws.

Now lets read what Jesus Christ says in the New Testament what I and I should do about hair

Jesus Christ himself was a Nazarite who had to grow the Dreadlocks of his head. The man called Jesus had to fulfil the prophecy; that; "He will be called a Nazarite."

Jesus says :" there shall not an hair of your head fall off. "
Luke 21:18

The Bible says we should grow our dreadlocks hair

Acts 27:34
for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

In Acts I and I reads that Paul was a trouble maker, stirring up riots all over and that he is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect in the order of his days as seen in Acts (24:5). Paul was also a Nazarite; it is written in the Acts of the Apostles Chapter 18 verse 18 that Paul taketh the Nazarite vow and grows his hair on his head.

Lots of people had dreadlocks hair in the past but for a Pharaoh it was an order that an High person have not his hair cut and that it be Dreadlocks in fear of the Lord like a Lion that is Dreadfull and King. The Pharaoh had to look like a lion and have Dreadlocks, and so did those who lived with him in his house haff to do the same and grow their dreadlocks hair and keep themselves clean. Its just simple cleanliness as some say Godliness.

Blessed love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/12/2014 3:37:00 AM

As I said, show me where the Egyptians called themselves NAzarites

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 3:44:56 AM

Its in the bible that they are called nazarites

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/14/2014 8:20:13 PM

Brother Melchezedek, blessed love. I&I sight that Yeshua was a Nazarene, as in from Nazareth, but how could he have followed the Nazarite vow? He was going near dead people all the time, and although there is no specific reference of him drinking wine, there are strong suggestions. In reference to the quote "he shall be called a Nazarite", is the I referring to Judges ch 13 when Sampson is conceived? If so, what does this have to do with Yeshua? If not, which prophesy is the I referring to?

"its in the bible that they [Egyptians] are called Nazarites."
Where does the I find this in scripture?

"sent them to cut Yoseph's hair because Pharaoh was a Nazarite." how is this clear? It's clear that they shaved him, not clear why. It is a possibility that Moses learned these practices mentioned in Leviticus by the Pharaohs, and shared them with Aaron, and sounds to I&I a likely explanation. But this is not definite.

The passage in Luke 21 sounds like more of a promise of Itection than a command to grow dreads. Same as Acts 27; Paul begs his bredren to eat some meat and promises them that no harm will come to them.

The apparent way Pharaohs would wrap their hair, or so it appears in the crown like a big bulb on the head, or wear it underneath some cloth covering, does draw interest and suggest that they may have grown dreads underneath those headdresses. Pharaoh Amenemhet III is shown in a statue with dreadlocks, so if not ALL Pharaohs, the I can see that at least one of them did grow dreads.

I&I apprecilove the I's reasonings. Give thanks and Ises.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/18/2014 2:58:10 AM

The Pharaoh orders the cut of Josephs hair because he came close to the dead man, the chief baker. Egyptians were practicing the nazarite way long before any israeliti arabian knew about that. In fact the Africans which were living in Egypt those days were practising cleanliness long before any european barbarian, grecian, arabian, indian or any other type of civilization knew about it. Joseph grew his dreadlocks because the slaves in egypt had to cut their hair and only the high ones could grow their dreadlocks, as much is seen in today's time, where the slaves of the babylon system have to cut them hair for the babylon system. Moses took with him all the wise and learned and promised them lands better than the life they was living under the ruler of Egypt. They were living a normal life in Egypt as any person would live life today in the babylon system. Moses decides to free the slaves, but the ruler refuses a number of times. This results in the plagues that I and I reads in the book of Exodus. And the ruler in Moses days was a different ruler to the ruler in Joseph's days. The ruler in Moses days wanted to keep the slavery system while Moses wanted to free the slaves from the land of Egypt. Moses wrote books of the knowledge that he had learned, the Egyptian Ethiopian Knowledge, seeing that Moses was an Egyptian and married an Ethiopian woman. Moses also learned the truth from the god of the Ethiopians because who knows if the ruler of the land of Egypt changed the knowledge in his days? Moses recieved the Knowledge from the Ethiopian god at first hand and wrote books of this knowledge. It is from these books that the psalmist takes delight in when it is said: "Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God". "Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God". This is in the Book of Psalms Chapter 90, the first few verses; and chapter 68 verse 31. And this is said of Jesus in Matthew 2:23 : "And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene." And 2:15 : " that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son". This means that Jesus is known as an Egyptian for the true Egyptians. This also means Jesus was a Nazarite for the Nazareans, that is, those practising the nazarite way of life. It was only later on in his life that people thought Jesus was a roman. And know also that the Son of King Solomon from the Queen of Ethiopia; his name is called Menelik, he ruled after his mother the Queen of Ethiopia. And in the Kebra Negast chapter 33 is; "Now there was a law in the country of ETHIOPIA that [only] a woman should reign, and that she must be a virgin who had never known man, but the Queen said [unto SOLOMON], "Henceforward a man who is of thy seed shall reign, and a woman shall nevermore reign; only seed of thine shall reign and his seed after him from generation to generation". And it is also said in Psalms 87:4 ; "I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there"; and this showeth that God is an Ethiopian God. Jah Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I the First and for Iver more

JAH Blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I