Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=549&start_row=1

Original Sin

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/9/2005 8:20:48 AM

In the western world we are told that we have been born into sin and that the only way that we can acheive salvation is to be baptised to wash away sins, but Jesus Christ died for the SINS of the WORLD, so there is no need for further attoinment. There is no such thing as original sin, it has been washed away, if not then the blood of Christ was in vain.

Give thanks

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/10/2005 2:42:14 AM

My lord the scriptures cleary state that the Son of Man died for the SINS of the world. God is not a God of wrath, His Majesty is the Prince of Peace. He spared the lives of all of the italian soldiers that were still present in Ethiopia when His Majesty reuturned from England May 5th 1941. He spared 12000 soldiers that most of the Ethiopians wanted to kill, and many other nations would have done such in that situation.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/10/2005 10:30:19 AM

Original Sin, cleaned from I by Christ if I beleive.

Jesus cleaned sins of the people of the world. This is all seen, but inless you were born a beleiver of HIM than you were born with thee original sin. Learning of HIM, beleiveing in HIM clean I's thought's to let my soul accept HIM which begins the cleaning of I to be pure like Almighty Jah Ras TafarI. It is seen that if we beleive we are saved from thee original sin commited from Adam & Eve.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/10/2005 3:16:59 PM

I think that original sin is a scare tactic to supress people with fear. All of those new born babies, freshly bathed in sin? No. While I am aware that sin exists I think that some of the worlds idea of sin is much different than sin itself. For instance, and not to be crude but, when I was young I was told that if a boy or girl touch themselves in their "private places" as they called it, that God would be angry and send us to hell, another addition to the scare tactic. This is not a sin, this is human nature, considering that we are one of he few species to have sex for pleasure. Murder is definetly a sin because it doesn't uphold life, it is destruction derived from rage and hate, things that have nothing to do with His Majesty.

The idea of God sending people to "hell" or punishing them to "eternal damnation and fire" and all the other trimmings is ridiculous. Fear and control. The two greatest comanments according to Christ, Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and to do unto others as you would have done unto you. The years of folly filled dogma and tradition have changed the message that was meant for us. There are many groups that worship God, but they do it in different forms. Hindu worship God in there own eyes, InI worship God through His Majesty Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari, just as the Samarui and the Zen had there way of worshipping God. Sometimes it's not the right of our decision but the UPRIGHTNESS of our choices. God is not going to be sending Native Americans to hell nor the yogis. His Majesty is a God of Love and compassion for those that worship HIM.

His Majesty say,

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually."

"Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny."

If this original sin DOCTRINE wasn't present, maybe the people wouldn't feel as spiritually supressed. Maybe they feel so supressed by the "original sin doctrine" that they supress themselves. I give thanks for all of your rasponses but I must stand firm on this.

If there is a hell religion and dogma are going first.

Ras Zion I
Ras Zion I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/10/2005 5:05:33 PM

Also please notice that His Majesty says "Due to human IMPERFECTION," NOT ORIGINAL SIN.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/10/2005 6:45:30 PM

I can agree with what you have stated. Much love and respect.

Bergy

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I