Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5485&start_row=1

Sadhus

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2014 6:10:37 PM

Anyone deal with the Sadhus?

Them wear locks, eat ital, walk barefoot, and smoke ganja. True them a Indian them sight a Indian God.

Eyesee them as Rastafari, in the true essence of seeing God through their own eyes and living by the example of Jah.

Rasta?

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 1/31/2014 10:21:41 PM

I think it is very similar to Rastafari

There are a some differences, but very much the same

They certainly love their ganja, from what I've seen - they smoke massive amounts

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/1/2014 9:59:39 AM

I previously met a Sadhu that came to Toronto. We met and Reasoned several times but in a limited sense because I don't speak Hindi and he only spoke a little English.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/1/2014 2:51:26 PM

Powerful

Tell Us more

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/5/2014 11:11:15 PM

A RasTafarI Idren introduced I to the Sadhu. I first visited the Sadhu a few times at a place he was staying. At one point, he lived in I apartment for one or two weeks.

He spoke about the way the Sadhus lived in India. He spoke of one man who sat down in one spot for a year or something like that. The spot was just the ground, with no shelter, so no matter what the weather he would stay there, and people would bring him food.

The way they smoke Ganja is they have a pipe that resembles the shape of a carrot with the point cut off. They make a clean white cloth wet with water and the wring it out so it is just damp. They then put the cloth over the mouth piece of the pipe to filter some of the smoke particles.

He also told I that Sadhus won't cut their nails in the evening or night. There was a spiritual significance, but I can't remember the details.

He told I that if a person becomes a disciple of a Sadhu. They bow to him and recite things including things saying that the Sadhu is his Lord and God. The Sadhu gives the person a personal Mantra to chant every morning when they wake up.

We had other Reasonings, but I can't remember any more details right now.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/6/2014 6:57:19 PM

A Hindu woman at work today was talking about how strict Hindus don't eat onion or garlic. It reminded I of something the Sadhu said to I. He explained that he doesn't eat onion or garlic because when he is praying, the smell of his breath would be offensive to God.

Messenger: Levite I Sent: 2/6/2014 11:28:50 PM

Onion and Garlic affect the I-rits, dem a say carnality rise up in di flesh a di individual after consumption

And not just strict Hindus swerve dat deh, Jains too. Unuh haffi research and Raspect Jains...dem livity strong.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/7/2014 3:26:35 AM

Well dem say Sadhu is a form of Jainism.

One of the most important and fundamental doctrines of Jainism is anē;kā;ntavā;da. It refers to the principles of pluralism and multiplicity of viewpoints, and to the notion that truth and reality are perceived differently from diverse points of view, no single one of which is complete.

+Great knowledge about the BURNING (and none eating) of Starch foods including Potatoes, Beans and such

But something just doesn't sit right with me....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/7/2014 3:51:15 AM

I think Jainism and Buddhism are both descendant from Dravidian forms of Ancient African spirituality. There has always been a strong African presence in India which Dr Runoko Rashidi and others have long exposed.

Let us not forget the earliest depictions of Buddha with the thicker lips broader nose and of course, Dreadlocks.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/7/2014 4:15:47 AM

"The strictest forms of Jain diet is practiced by the monastic ascetics, it may additionally exclude potatoes and other root vegetables."

Reminded me of a reasoning from this week:

Audio recording and upload >;>;

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I