Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5478&start_row=11

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Raybob Sent: 1/30/2014 6:46:59 AM

"I&i also do not agree with Babylon system of legal document marriage, and do not know how a hola and everliving bond should be established. Just make a promise between the two I&I?"...

Having 'been there, done that' but not following Jah spirit and marrying a 'word only' believer, InI know all that matters to Jah, and to InI's future, is the promise between the two, but that promise needs to be understood as forever and ever, as two need to become one, with Jah as head of King and King head of Empress. If families or courts require, cerimonies should be done in respect for mamas or papas, IMO. Living with the ex two weeks, InI knew she served the world, but prayed for her.. continued to pray, but "depression around me, just could not see.. she'd been like a prisoner.. needs to be free.. she's gone.. she's gone.. she's gone.. she's gone yeah..", after 11 rough years. At least she brought 3 beautiful Idren to raise InI am so blessed by daily.

InI was leading music in a babylon church then, later to leave, overstanding the many wrongs, knowing kingdom was now, but didn't know Rastafari. Part of reason she left was not 'doing church'. After she left is when InI rediscovered Bob Marley, and shortly after, understood InI to be Rastaman. All things for the good.

Now my prayer is for Empress with true heart for Jah. InI was blinded in the past, by physical beauty, not overstanding the heart. InI pray Jah uses a Rasta forum such as this to introduce the I. Don't know how to even see personal info, but InI have read posts from wombman on this and other Rasta sites, that melted I's heart, seeing Jah's direction in their lives. There are some InI would marry in a heartbeat, only by reading the words, if spoken in truth. InI could care less about physical beauty, as InI cannot imagine an ugly Rasta-wombman. ;)

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/30/2014 9:39:47 AM

Soloman praises Queen of of Sheba over and over and small Queen mentions all admirable things in the King in Song of Songs, in it alone Soloman complements Queen of Sheba about 40 times , so it's good to encourage those good Qualitys in one another, cheer on in righteousness godliness, purity of mind and body,beauty of all levels of being, good vibes, to complement these things, for our focus is energy that fuels what we focus on and that is what grows, so INI dwell upon the light: Jah Rastafari , Haile Selassie I, and JAHS magnificent works and character and attributes we be blessed with through the spirit of The Lord Our Righteousnes.

Teach us to number our days a right Lord Haile Selassie, that we may go about them in Wisdon

Selah

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/2/2014 3:12:55 PM

Jah Child, you might find something useful on this site:
http://rastawifeline.blogspot.co.uk/

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/4/2014 12:05:46 PM

Thanks Sister! Yes this blog is great, so nice to see the sistren united.

Messenger: hattifnatt Sent: 7/6/2019 11:33:47 AM

I've finally find a partner and a true friend I want to spend the rest of my days with, we had a small wedding ceremony with our friends and relatives. There was some music of oompah band and food. I'm so happy.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/7/2019 2:34:46 AM

JAH BLESS AND PROTECT!

I rejoice for you!

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/9/2019 3:16:08 PM

Let's be real and 100% honest.

Marriage is about property rights. That's why the government seeks documentation. You can have a promise between 2 and never get "married" as this basically seeks the approval of the state. Many times the best relationships seem to be the ones either prior to marriage or the ones where they decided to never get married. Most marriages today end in divorce.

How many divorces does it take before we rethink the whole system? What if some people simply weren't meant to commit to one person for the rest of their lives? Read the bible. Did Jacob have one woman? Did Moses? Did David? As much as we force this to be the norm the bible never actually treats it as such.

I don't say this for selfish reasons. It just seems like the main purpose for men and women is to come together is for the sake of offspring. But over time we may grow in different directions. Our wants and needs may change. The idea that they are stuck with us and us with them may cause resentment and encourage one to seek attention outside the marriage. And as long as we play by those rules we can be offended under those rules and hurt in a way that damages us on a subconscious level.

"That's not going to happen to me" people will say.

I hope it doesn't. But to the degree that people aren't always what they appear to be, it's entirely possible. And because marriage exists and we all think we want it, almost all of us, at some point, end up as slaves to it, fighting with our women over expectations that do not exist outside of marriage.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/10/2019 4:32:59 AM

Greetings IPXninja.. with all respect, I disagree with some of the I statements. About the marriage documents, state consent, I do agree in most cases it is unnecessary. Some countries (like the Muslim country I live in now) have laws about people who are unmarried, and it makes things hard and possibly dangerous for people who live together without being married. For example, an unmarried woman giving birth in a hospital could face legal trouble. So in the US, and most countries, it might be fine to have a personal agreement to be together forever, and this can be considered a marriage. I fully support that. But there are other places where the document might be necessary.
But the documentation aside, being real and 100% honest...
I still think there is a perfect mate for each person. I may be naive or have utopian fantasies that are unrealisic. But no matter how many failed relationships I have had, I continue to have hope in that everlasting marriage. In the relationship I am in now, I truly think it is the one I have been looking for all my life. And I am willing to put my heart and my trust into this, because I still habe hope that there is one man who is right for me, for a lifetime marriage, a sacred union.
IPXninja, the I gave examples about Moses and David... but what about the example of His Majesty? Yes he was married more than once. And so was Empress Menen. But once they ended those marriages from before and they joined together in marriage with each other, even at a relatively young age, they lasted the rest of their lives as a couple.
What about the example of Auset and Auser? There are archetypes like this because the male+female union is natural and it is ingrained in our souls to have a counterpart.
Those are my views. Others might disagree. For my part I 100% desire a lifelong monogamous partnership, and I still have hope that it exists.
More Love

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/10/2019 9:19:36 AM

JAH Child, I feel you and respect your position.

Definitely, what I said applies more in America. America is obsessed with capitalism and ownership so marriage as a legal matter is just an extension of that. And that has a lot to do with the separation of church and state. If you're in a country without this separation than that is a dangerous environment I would not personally desire to live in. It's probably a trade off, but you have to be strong to be forced to abide by someone else's interpretation of their holy book which is the expression of very old ideas. My heart goes out to you.

As far as a perfect mate, the concept of perfection is relative not absolute. We don't even know what, as a kid, we're going to like as an adult. So no matter what age you meet the most important thing is growing together. Now... some of it is about ignorance vs exposure because if two people are virgins and their own experience is with each other then naturally they have nothing else to compare it to and therefore they don't have a whole lot of expectations to be disappointed or exceeded.

At the same time the more experience we have with other people the more jaded we can be and people bring in baggage and learned habits in from past relationships. Past relationships can make you better or worse, richer or poorer, more sick or more healthy. It just depends on the people like 2 variables in an equation.

Perfect is more of a mindset. It's how you feel. If you're happy then you're more likely to think that person is perfect..."for you". But if sometimes you're sad or disappointed, maybe it hasn't happened yet, does it mean that man or that woman is no longer perfect for you? Or are we all just human and mistakes are part of the package? How can something that, by nature makes mistakes, ever be called perfect? That's why its relative.

It's all about growth and learning. His Majesty was an intelligent man and therefore learned from each relationship, making the next more likely to be a "more perfect union" than the last. Because he grew and learned more about women and their needs (and how beautifully and frustratingly complicated they are). Men sometimes have to learn to accept the differences between genders and when they do there are less conflicts and less drama.

We assume that the most natural thing is for 2 virgins to get married and while that seems "perfect" on the surface, it is logically defiant of everything I just said. And sometimes the pressure of society, to maintain the image of happiness to the external community forces people to stay together; forces them to forgive each other, and yes... forces them to "settle". Had they had the benefit of previous relationships... had they had more experience from which wisdom is derived... then they would have more to bring to the table and would not be coming from a place of ignorance in their responses to conflict or incompatibilities. And how do you even know if two people are compatible or incompatible without prior experiences and archetypes to know both yourself and your partner?

I'm not saying lighting cannot strike and two people can't magically be drawn to each other and everything is just... "perfect". I'm just saying that we should stop stigmatizing those who either have children out of wedlock or have been married multiple times, etc. I think we stigmatize marriage itself and form a lot of expectations about how "perfect" it's supposed to be and when people fall short, make mistakes, or circumstances just don't go right then people want to quit and usually one more than the other. And a lot of people come away thinking that marriage just doesn't work when the reality is that it was never about perfection.

Adam had only one woman to choose from. And Eve had only one man.

I have been 100% faithful my entire life. Never cheated. But while I was faithful to the wrong person (who wasn't faithful to me) did I miss out on that person who might have been perfect for me? Who knows. Love makes us do crazy things.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I