Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5471&start_row=1

RASTA IS NOT SCIENCE

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/27/2014 3:02:39 PM

RASTA is not a science or philosophy. You can't learn of RASTA in school or university or you cant make RASTA a learning subject of knowledge, that is that RASTA is not a education, RASTA is not a knowledge or belief or science. RASTA is a way of life given to us by the Most High Emperor Haile Selassie I the Most High God Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/27/2014 9:15:58 PM

semantics

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/28/2014 1:31:07 AM

Ive seen rastas that goes to university and they say they learning their "religion". Now RASTA is not a religion and cannot be learned at education. RASTA is a way of life, not a teaching subject. If I haffe learn that there by that university, I would let them learn the KMT teachings. Thats Incient knowledge. But RASTA is still a way of life and not a religion or education.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2014 9:36:50 AM

Are you saying those Rastas you know who went to university didn't learn anything new? They didn't learn anything while studying their religion because rasta cannot be learned in school so did they not learn anything?

I'd say rasta requires...... Demands education. But it also and equally requires the living cultural expression and experience. I think the two work hand in hand

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/28/2014 10:30:22 AM

The King Creator didn't make anything counterintuitive or contradictory. If it is TRUE science, it will point I&I toward the TRUTH. Many things have been skewed and misrepresented to hide the truth, but discernment from JAH gives the ability to know a lie from the truth, and intelligence is a gift that iman must use. When I&I peel away the layers of history and look at the whole story logically, the true identity of HIM is clear. True that Rastafari is not a reLIEgion, but knowledge is still beneficial.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/1/2014 11:20:09 AM

Are you saying those Rastas you know who went to university didn't learn anything new? They didn't learn anything while studying their religion because rasta cannot be learned in school so did they not learn anything?

Thats a good question, I am going to have to leave that one to answer itself. Blessed.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/1/2014 11:45:15 PM

I was recently reading this..and had I in meditation, listening to that spirit of Jah speaking to I inside...because there is a lot of knowledge coming from man, don't need to know what Jah never would have us apply to Jah Will for INI, and it leads to a left brain dominant being, stuck in logic, but it is not our minds that uphold everything but Jah, Jah Will given our minds the wisdom knowledge wisdom over standing we need .

There two kinds of knowledge, one kind is the one we attain in school, from reading, from what others say, or write, or what's in modern events news, ....then there is another knowledge
This second one does not come from out in material world, but this knowledge shines forth from deep within our heart and enlightens the mind and gives bodie radiant vitality.
I believe in balance. Irie! PraIses to that one, that shines forth knowledge from the heights of heavens kingdom within our hearts.

I have reached the inner vision
And through thy spirit in me
I have heard thy wondrous secret.
Through thy mystic insight
Thou hast caused a spring of knowledge
To well up within me,
A fountain of power pouring forth living waters;
A flood of love and all embracing wisdom
Like the splendour of eternal light.

Is not all putter knowledge leading us to the well within ourselves that we shall thirst for knowledge no more?

KABBABLAH mystics say we are a microcosm of the Marcocosmos, and we hold knowledge of Iviverse when we are pure and clear, vital and balanced, in tune with that vibration of creation, that song we : just dance with, play our beat and melody with, sing in harmony with, and we can reflect the knowledge wisdom overstanding from a source within nit from books or lectures we hear in physical realm, if we going speak about things of spirit, let us use these thing of Material world(books ,science,lectures, documentaries, school) be used as to step into the spirit, the heights of heaven within, let it be a mirror, reflecting what we already knew, I say we are the books of life and reading the scripture and teaching of Rastafari and ancient one's I wipe of dust of I heart mind soul and uncover who I am, I am truth. I am life. We are that light we read about, the inner light...we're that wisdom and love of Jah we are made of..

proclaiming Christ Crucified
1Corinthians
2 When I came to you, brothers and sisters,[a] I did not come proclaiming the mystery[b] of God to you in lofty words or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I came to you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. 4 My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom,[c] but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God.

The True Wisdom of God

6 Yet among the mature we do speak wisdom, though it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to perish. 7 But we speak God’s wisdom, secret and hidden, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the human heart conceived,
what God has prepared for those who love him”—
10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11 For what human being knows what is truly human except the human spirit that is within? So also no one comprehends what is truly God’s except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God. 13 And we speak of these things in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual things to those who are spiritual.[d]

14 Those who are unspiritual[e] do not receive the gifts of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to them, and they are unable to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 Those who are spiritual discern all things, and they are themselves subject to no one else’s scrutiny.

16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I