Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5419&start_row=1

TO BURN

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 7:58:14 PM

Something to consider As Rasta;

We surely don't always mean literal FIRE when we say burn? Well maybe sometimes we do (can't deny the history!)

But I came up through the teaching that the Fire was the purification. To clean or even sterilise something - you put it under the FIRE. When the I get knowledge of my surroundings and can see through the lies with my third eye opened via a Ganja spliff - this act of spliff BURNING is helping I to reach truth.....

I was taught along these lines as a youth when dealing with Fire and Rasta.....

We look up to the Sky and HAIL the skyFYA

(the list goes on and on and I hope u get the point.....)

So feel no way when i Dash fire here and there..... especially toward the Bible. OF COURSE we need to purify and dispel the lies and confusion surrounding the 66 contradicting books of the Bible. Nobody can deny there is alot of uncertainty around the bible -- whether you say its false / lies / misinterpretation / or contradictory in certain parts. To BURN this - is not a bad thing!

Even the I put fire on the I self through this trod as a part of the self improvement.

Maybe this isnt common among people on this website but FIRE is not always literal and not always (rarely) a bad thing.

BlesseD

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/29/2013 4:13:09 AM

True
Fire is for purifycation not for destruction

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/29/2013 5:46:04 PM

Yes I and I, Nya Iya I more fire...

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/29/2013 6:14:49 PM

Raspect, at first I took the I saying bun to mean literal destruction. After our reasoning I see that I and I both call for purification of the teachings.

Fire as purification is a righteous teaching. I and I must burn out our wickedness, embrace the purification fyah. True in only recent years have I had this teaching. It takes time to liberate the mind from the previous thought pattern.

True, the contradiction in the Bible can cause confusion. The contradictions can also cause one to meditate, study deeper and look further for the truth.

May JAH guide I and I,
Iyah Oats

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 7:43:26 PM

Well a Joy.

But even if a never that, two Rasta should be able to disagree with each other 100% and still at the end of the reasoning together hail JAH RastafarI.....

(many differing roads to the destination of Jah)

so

HAILE I HIGHA I

I I

BlesseD

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 1/1/2014 11:40:15 AM

Thanks for clearing this up, G. Africa.....It was something I was unsure about the meaning of.....Strong language....it can come across as negative if you don't know what it means

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/2/2014 9:17:44 AM

Blessed to all

Yes I , Give thanks and more Fiyah Haffi Bun , in other words Fiyah is Consciousness , to bring light to confusion for a better overstanding , Fiyah is love , Fiyah is the only element that Rises up and symbolizes transcendance , to rise up , the symbol of darkness is blind or unconscious ,its through being unconscious there is war,separation,competition,anger,greed,etc....

InI must realize that InI behaviour is controlled by the unconscious part of InI being where InI is not aware of hence the word "unconscious"
to bring light or to be Conscious of InI true self will destroy InI unconscious habits and from this InI is Identified of InI false self which is the ego(me),from this ego InI separate InI from creation(Life,Jah) and create dogmas,God Concepts,ideas and from this Illusions ego is being fed which in facts are mere Illusions ,Simply by being Consious of it not just by belief but by overstanding and experience is the key to realization ,freedom from belief and Ideas,
the desire of heaven and fear of hell is a tool to keep InI blind and depend to the so called "holy man " and Beliefs as its only redemption ,the matter of fact belief is the opposite of knowledge , to know is to be free while to belief is to be trapped on believes itself ,for instance InI know i breath and simply dont believe on it.

Fiyah is knowledge while all that can be burned are mere beliefs or concepts , to live life naturally is the true worship to Jah, no prayers or ant rituals needed but simplicity, dogmas and religions such such as politiics complicated life same as the food dem produce with all dem deadly chemicals , a fruits is bared naturally by trees and more seeds it bare ,plain simple and natural such must InI livity should be,FIYAH BUN BABYLON WITH ALL INI LOVE.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/2/2014 2:10:48 PM

Yes I

and the fire does have a literal sense too, we can't deny that. Babylon a go burn I don't know which burn....

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I